• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Struggling bad about getting Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m on day 3 after my Pfizer shot, my arm is alot better.

But I am so stunningly sleepy, can't hold my eyes open, and I am cognitively also- asleep.

Its 11:41 am, and I'd like to soon pass out.

My 38 year old daughter is becoming extremely concerned about getting vaccinated. The risks of strokes, clots, migrating spike proteins, etc etc. She does not know what to do.

please feel better and take it easy!

place

Be Strong!
@Fighttolive, im in same boat. i have gotten a lot better over the past year eating paleo and working on my gut, i can actually do stuff after work now! So worried i will slide back.

i think I already had covid, my whole family got sick the week before everything shut down, my kids teacher had it. If you get covid, you are vaccinated, getting the real thing is better than the vaccine. But just like the vaccine, natural immunity wears off to over time.

what is your nac protocol?

TiredBill

I don't think there is a remotely comparative risk between getting Covid and getting a vaccine. Miles apart.

Delta is going to sweep through. In my estimation being vaccinated is still excellent insurance against hospitalization or death.

I've had 2 doses of Modena and will get a booster as soon as it is approved and I'm eligible.

Bill

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I don't think there is a remotely comparative risk between getting Covid and getting a vaccine. Miles apart.

Delta is going to sweep through. In my estimation being vaccinated is still excellent insurance against hospitalization or death.

I've had 2 doses of Modena and will get a booster as soon as it is approved and I'm eligible.

Bill

I've suffered less with an initial Covid infection, long-haul covid, and than a Delta variant. Than many have relying on vaccinations. Go figure.

Research is so important. ;)

Booble

@Fighttolive, im in same boat. i have gotten a lot better over the past year eating paleo and working on my gut, i can actually do stuff after work now! So worried i will slide back.

i think I already had covid, my whole family got sick the week before everything shut down, my kids teacher had it. If you get covid, you are vaccinated, getting the real thing is better than the vaccine. But just like the vaccine, natural immunity wears off to over time.

what is your nac protocol?

Actually they are projecting that it's less immunity from getting COVID rather than the vaccine not more.

Lieselotte

I am still struggling with the decision to get the vaccine too. I don't want to lose any hard-fought gains with my ME. Besides, I am alone much of the time right now. But, depending on what happens with covid and vaccine mandates, I'm trying to decide which might be the "best"/least harmful to take.

It seems like all of the vaccines for covid contain some sort of novel technology. The novavax would be the closest to something 'old school', but even that is using a new adjuvant from plant saponins. Given that I have autoimmune diseases and even gluten cross-reactivity to most grains/dairy/eggs/etc., I wonder about my immune system creating some sort of reaction against the saponins. Which would be bad as they are in many different types of plant foods and food additives. @nerd any thoughts on this?

Dont forget ivermectin.

Also, it seems almost the day it was discovered NAC may have some beneficial effects with covid, the FDA started the process of banning it.
The censorship is very concerning. I don't understand why people on these med forums keep quiet about it. For some reason they want to inject everyone even children who are not at risk of developing heavy symptoms. I would not be surprised when we see mainly vaccinated children on the IC.

TiredBill

Children are developing Long Covid from Covid. And Long Covid in many ways looks indistinguishable from ME/CSF. And that's not a fate I'd wish on anyone. In contrast, vaccines are safe and effective.

What's concerning is the amount of Covid disinformation on the internet.

Covid kills.

Bill

Personally, I'm terrified of vaccines in general, and especially the covid vaccine. I've heard too many horror stories concerning other vaccines of symptoms that appear years later (or not much later), and I'm willing to admit they could possibly be conspiracy theories. I won't take the covid vaccine unless I'm forced. There's no reason for others who have had the vaccine to fear being around the unvaccinated, since they're protected.

dylemmaz

sounds like within the next two days fda is going to authorize booster shots for immunocompromised people in the usa. my second moderna shot absolutely floored me but i’m lucky i recovered just fine. are we immunocompromised enough to even need a booster shot??

Rufous McKinney

Well I hope you dont get it as badly as we did. Delta is very bad news.

Its pretty bad- especially in certain geographic areas of lower vaccination rates...but kids are headed back to school soon and thats the biggest Challenge it seems at the moment....and Delta is harder on little kids....

considerable angst about what to do about the kids....

Status
Not open for further replies.