• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Struggling bad about getting Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner1

:cautious: Hmmm.....I wouldn't call 1000 mg Vit C a low dose, and you need a pretty tough stomach to tolerate 60 mg of Zinc. (If I take more than 25 mg at a time, it makes me wicked sick.) I'm still a fan of C + Zinc anytime I feel something coming on, tho,' but just not in mega-doses.

:thumbsup: As to the vaccine being a lot more protection, I certainly agree. Glad I got my first one and I'm looking forward to my second.
Vitamin C recycles glutathione, and is necessary for collagen production, among many other roles. According to WebMD, Vitamin C is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.

For ME/CFS patients, infections, dealing with mycotoxins, collagen degradation leading to neck and nerve issues, and oxidative and nitrosative stress all deplete vitamin C. I've found my body needs 2-3g vitamin C, taken in divided doses, to not look like this:
Screenshot_20210820-145314.png

Infections also deplete zinc. I've had to be at 60mg zinc picolinate to not be deficient and have had no problems with this product, taken with food:

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/...irqxY2y4sedviO4Xg2-JLCPWhBdRu_9QaAnI-EALw_wcB

Wayne

I'm still a fan of C + Zinc anytime I feel something coming on, tho,' but just not in mega-doses.

My understanding is most (if not all) animals are able to dramatically ramp up Vitamin C production in their own bodies during times of infection or injury. Humans don't have that ability, but they can "use" very large amounts of Vitamin C during times of infection if it's supplemented. A ratio of animals body weight to how much they ramp up their own production would equate to approximately 20-30 grams in a human.

That would seem like "mega-doses" to most people, but not to the body that can very affectively use that Vit. C to fight infections. Much of it apparently is converted to hydrogen peroxide. A number of Naturopathic Physicians are using nebulized H2O2 to (very effectively) treat COVID-19. Mainstream medicine appears to be too stubborn to take such simple and effective routes. They should, because as @TiredBill says, "People's lives are at stake".

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
A ratio of animals body weight to how much they ramp up their own production would equate to approximately 20-30 grams in a human.

I did wonder what the comparison would be. Like how much vitamin C to body weight does a cat or dog make daily? Knowing that ratio might give us a good starting point for humans anyway. Do you know @Dr.Lynne?

I tried to research it but so far haven't found the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.