• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Struggling bad about getting Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booble

My area must REALLY want each and every person to get vaccinated. The head of the Department of Health District officer that I emailed wrote me back immediately. She gave me a referral for a doctor (not a hematologist, there are none here) that I could speak to. I hadn't yet called the doctor when I got a phone call from that doctor's office asking me if I would like a consultation. Umm, Ok. As long as I can do it from home. Will be talking to that person Monday. I'm not really hopeful that I'll gain anything useful that I don't already know. I'm with the person who said it's a Russian Roulette situation. I also was hoping to hold out until Novavax but of course we don't know what complications that might bring as well. And if Novavax will be available in our respective locations.

Woof!

Is my immune system prepped now for it and I could have another mild case?
Has anyone heard of MDs or health departments running COVID antibody titers? I would think running a titer would be the best way to learn how much immunity you have.

I remember back in vet school, my class was recruited to be a bunch of test subjects for a human Rabies vaccine trial. All 80 of us got the same vaccine in one of three ways - IM, SQ or ID. I was in the ID group. After three jabs over a few months, we all had titers taken, and a list of them was posted where we could excitedly peruse them. I heard my classmates saying: "I've got 180," "I've got 360," and "I've got 1,400 - wow." And there, at the bottom of the list was me. My titer was 4. That's 4, not 40 and definitely not 400. Needless to say, I needed another booster and it was given IM (most effective in the study), not ID (least effective).

Good thing that titer was run, and a very good thing I got another booster, because 4 years later I wound up with a cat patient with rabies.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

This is how I feel also- with Delta are the previous data points the same?

Is it more severe? Less? I know in virology usually things mutate to be transmissible and less deadly…but I don’t know anymore.

also Is my immune system prepped now for it and I could have another mild case?

My sons and I had much less severe cases this time around. This variant had mutated enough for us to get sick, but not so much that our immune systems were caught off guard.

Had COVID? You’ll probably make antibodies for a lifetime
Many people who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 will probably make antibodies against the virus for most of their lives. So suggest researchers who have identified long-lived antibody-producing cells in the bone marrow of people who have recovered from COVID-191.
The study provides evidence that immunity triggered by SARS-CoV-2 infection will be extraordinarily long-lasting. Adding to the good news, “the implications are that vaccines will have the same durable effect”, says Menno van Zelm, an immunologist at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
Antibodies — proteins that can recognize and help to inactivate viral particles — are a key immune defence. After a new infection, short-lived cells called plasmablasts are an early source of antibodies.
But these cells recede soon after a virus is cleared from the body, and other, longer-lasting cells make antibodies: memory B cells patrol the blood for reinfection, while bone marrow plasma cells (BMPCs) hide away in bones, trickling out antibodies for decades.
“A plasma cell is our life history, in terms of the pathogens we’ve been exposed to,” says Ali Ellebedy, a B-cell immunologist at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, who led the study, published in Nature on 24 May.

Dakota15

Just sharing some recent data from You + ME.

Of 208 ME patients, 15% thus far reported "somewhat worsening" or "significant worsening" of their condition.

Screenshot below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.01.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.01.09 AM.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 42

Woof!

Good luck!
Edited to add, is there any reason why you are choosing Moderna?
I had the Moderna vax at 8:45 this a.m. Six and a half hours later, all is well, tho' it's probably early for side effects. This vax was the only one offered at my local health dept. The J&J vax is the only one offered at the local pharmacies.

Hey, @Rufous McKinney... how are you doing after your vax today?

Rufous McKinney

I will dutifully report back! Congrats on your Moderna! I never could get the home nurse call, that didn't work.

so I'll be going in a Rite Aide- at least its a bit bigger/spacious, than the small pharmacies here locally. Who only seem to have J and J it seems.

Mouse girl

@Dr.Lynne , yeah! So happy for you! I've known of two ME peeps who got the first covid, both were VERY ill for at least 6 months afterwards, another is still suffering over a year later with other complications. And let me be clear, they got covid, not the vaccine since the vaccine wasn't developed yet. Since the delta vairent is soooo contagious, I think it's so important for peeps to get vaccinated if they feel they can. I get that some can't or have too much risk involved and I understand. We all must do what is best for us.

I got moderna. I just had one day where I felt extra run down but nothing like even a bad ME flare up, just kinda different. But, we are all different. I have a friend who is basically almost bedbound and he didn't get sick at all, so you never know how it will effect anyone.

Rufous McKinney

Started feeling anxious about 45 minutes before- thats good, for me. So I took part of a bit of Xanax, my hands were still shaking. The heat, wearing actual pants, the incredible brightness of the outside world, and the drought, which I've missed looking at, was rather conspiciously evident. All of it disorienting.

the pavement in the parking lot was intense.

I don't get out much these days (understatement).

So it went smoothly so far, very competent pharmacist gave me a Pfizer. Now I"m very spaced out, so I'm resting.

Frozen peas on my arm....nobody is ever going to eat this bag of mushy peas.

I mentioned this in other posts. I got the Pfizer vaccine and after the first shot got swollen lymp nodes and shingles. I got on antivirals and it cleared up in a week or two. The second shot I really had no reaction. I was very stressed and had been getting off ativan that I had been on many years, so that didn't help. What I am saying is aside from the cfs that might have added to the reaction.

That being said I would do it all over as being potentially on a ventilator scares the shit out of me. After all is said and done I was really relieved to get vaccinated and not feel like I had to walk on pins and needles. But I understand the fear as everyone reacts differently.

bertiedog

I would think running a titer would be the best way to learn how much immunity you have.

I paid privately to have my antibodies tested 3 1/2 weeks after my Pfizer vaccine and the result was great at
1666.00 U/ml. When I researched this it would appear my level was second to the top one mentioned which I think was in the band 2000-2500. Seeing that I am 73 I was delighted with that result.

I don't want anymore vaccines because my energy keeps running out and I don't recover like I used to and the only thing that has changed is that I have had 2 vaccines plus I had an immediate negative reaction after my second vaccine.

What I am going to do is to take another test in September to check my antibody level which will be 7 months after my first vaccine and 5 months after my second. Hopefully the result will still be good so I can show my GP which should stop the surgery from contacting me for a booster.

Pam

Woof!

Just sharing some recent data from You + ME. Of 208 ME patients, 15% thus far reported "somewhat worsening" or "significant worsening" of their condition.
Thank you @Dakota15 for sharing this survey. One thing, though...

While the survey shows that 84.2% of respondents reported no significant negative effects of vaccination (some of whom, for some reason, actually felt better), is it not correct to say 15.8% of respondents felt worse as a direct result of vaccination. Rather, 15.8% of respondents reported feeling worse from something/for some reason after vaccination. You need more than a simple survey like this to prove causality.

With best wishes,
DL

Woof!

Rufous McKinney

I"m on day 3 after my Pfizer shot, my arm is alot better.

But I am so stunningly sleepy, can't hold my eyes open, and I am cognitively also- asleep.

Its 11:41 am, and I'd like to soon pass out.

My 38 year old daughter is becoming extremely concerned about getting vaccinated. The risks of strokes, clots, migrating spike proteins, etc etc. She does not know what to do.

JES

The blood clot risk is mainly with adenovirus vaccines like J&J and AstraZeneca, those were stopped in Europe. The mRNA vaccines don't seem to result in blood clots or at least there is no significant risk compared to other vaccines.

Hopefully you get better soon. I had the following progress. First day: feeling better than normally. Second day to about fifth: feeling worse, more fatigue. After that a slow but steady return to where I was before the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.