• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Freddd's B-12 Treatment Plan

I have tried Freddds B12 Treatment Plan with the following results:

• I am in effective remission (80%+)

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Major Improvement

Votes: 36 27.7%
  • Moderate improvement

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Minor improvement

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • No change

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Minor crash

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Moderate crash

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Major crash

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Unable to continue protocol

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
Hi @Farhan Muzzumil ,
I buy mostly from Piping Rock and Swanson websites for good quality and good prices. I may also use Vitacost and iherb from time to time. I also check the sale shelf wherever I go.
Good luck to you!
dear @crittenia there are problems of availability in India well I had seen them on amazon brand name is Jarrow and this is the only brand available there, my problem is that I dont know if buying the right thing or not.
I am giving you the link If you can tell me it is right or not.
http://www.amazon.in/Jarrow-Formula...9187&sr=1-1&keywords=5-methyltetrahydrofolate

ahmo

@Farhan Muzzumil Welcome to pr. I used the product you've listed, Mushroom Optimizer, for some time in years past. It might be enough to help you. However I only got significant results when I switched to 5-MTHF, rather than the mushroom complex. You will probably want to add some B12 as well. The first link in my signature has a short version of Freddd's Protocol, including supplement brands. I've found that not only are iherb's prices excellent, but no one else gives me the low shipping costs to Australia.

dadouv47

Hello,

I hope it’s not a wrong place to post my questions, since there are a lot of threads about Fredd’s protocol.

I Have CFS for 7 years now, but only diagnosed last year.

After reading Myhill’s book ( indicated by a member of this forum) I paid more attention about vitamin B12. I discovered Freed’s protocol the last few days, and i read the most i could about it. I decided to try it. I have a couple of questions before since it seems to be pretty complex, and from what i understood everything needs to be in place with the right products and quantities to be able to work.

First i wanted to ask if i’m not doing wrong by starting the protocol with the following products :

Nature made B-complex with vitamin C one week before starting
Country life methyl b12 5mg (product #06304)
Source Naturals, Dibencozide Coenzymated B-12
Solgar, Folate As Metafolin, 800 mcg
Doctor's Best, L-Carnitine Fumarate
And i will buy potassium and omega 3 fish oil at my local pharmacy.

Is it enough for starting? have i missed a key product?
Also, Can i wait before thinking about adding Sam-E/Trimethyglicine/biotin?

Secondly, i have a more individual question. I have absorption problems ( got a Nissen fundoplicature because of bile reflux) and i take energy drinks fortimel ( or ensure) to maintain an correct weight. I saw that those drinks contains Folic Acid, which Freeds recommends to remove from our diet. I already tried in the past to stop drinking them, but i really need them to maintain some weight. Taking them could really compromise so much on the result of the protocol?

Thank you for the attention. I appreciate every kind of help
David

Last edited:

caledonia

Hello,

I hope it’s not a wrong place to post my questions, since there are a lot of threads about Fredd’s protocol.

I Have CFS for 7 years now, but only diagnosed last year.

After reading Myhill’s book ( indicated by a member of this forum) I paid more attention about vitamin B12. I discovered Freed’s protocol the last few days, and i read the most i could about it. I decided to try it. I have a couple of questions before since it seems to be pretty complex, and from what i understood everything needs to be in place with the right products and quantities to be able to work.

First i wanted to ask if i’m not doing wrong by starting the protocol with the following products :

Nature made B-complex with vitamin C one week before starting
Country life methyl b12 5mg (product #06304)
Source Naturals, Dibencozide Coenzymated B-12
Solgar, Folate As Metafolin, 800 mcg
Doctor's Best, L-Carnitine Fumarate
And i will buy potassium and omega 3 fish oil at my local pharmacy.

Is it enough for starting? have i missed a key product?
Also, Can i wait before thinking about adding Sam-E/Trimethyglicine/biotin?

Secondly, i have a more individual question. I have absorption problems ( got a Nissen fundoplicature because of bile reflux) and i take energy drinks fortimel ( or ensure) to maintain an correct weight. I saw that those drinks contains Folic Acid, which Freeds recommends to remove from our diet. I already tried in the past to stop drinking them, but i really need them to maintain some weight. Taking them could really compromise so much on the result of the protocol?

Thank you for the attention. I appreciate every kind of help
David

See my signature link for some simple guides to Freddd's protocol.

Folic Acid is not good if you have MTHFR, especially C677T. It may be worthwhile to make your own energy drinks or smoothies using protein powder, fruit (banana etc.), and fat of some sort (peanut butter, coconut oil etc.) You can even work in some greens and still have it taste ok as long as you tolerate the folate in leafy greens.

It's not as convenient as opening a bottle, but you have total control over the ingredients.

dadouv47

See my signature link for some simple guides to Freddd's protocol.

Folic Acid is not good if you have MTHFR, especially C677T. It may be worthwhile to make your own energy drinks or smoothies using protein powder, fruit (banana etc.), and fat of some sort (peanut butter, coconut oil etc.) You can even work in some greens and still have it taste ok as long as you tolerate the folate in leafy greens.

It's not as convenient as opening a bottle, but you have total control over the ingredients.

Thank you very much!
The guides will help a lot!

Freddd

Hi David,

Let me deal with the folic acid/folinic acid aspect first. The problem is that nobody knows how it affects them and that uncertainty means that the results can have multiple interpretations which don't a good answer. Lets suppose that you have a big reaction to the b12 and in 3 days have much worse folate deficiency symptoms. If you are taking folic acid there is no way to tell whether it is because the folic acid is working as a folate and causing refeeding syndrome or because it isn't working and is blocking active folate or some of each. The only answer is remove the folic acid and try again. If only methylfolate is used then either you are getting refeeding syndrome which can include deficiency symptoms in other areas that are not in active healing. After a person has found what level of folate they need to get rid of symptoms then they can tell the difference if they try some folic acid too. I found that folic acid can block up to 10x as much methylfolate and folinic acid up to 20x as much methylfolate as the dose. As many of us need as much as 30mg of methylfolate a day for a near zero deficiency symptoms and the maximum folic acid effectiveness is up to 800mcg it may not be worth hanging onto it in any case.

The other thing I would like to say is that before starting the active ingredients a complete set of basic vitamins, other nutrients and minerals need to be in place or virtually every one of them will go deficient with refeeding syndrome,

dadouv47

Hi David,

Let me deal with the folic acid/folinic acid aspect first. The problem is that nobody knows how it affects them and that uncertainty means that the results can have multiple interpretations which don't a good answer. Lets suppose that you have a big reaction to the b12 and in 3 days have much worse folate deficiency symptoms. If you are taking folic acid there is no way to tell whether it is because the folic acid is working as a folate and causing refeeding syndrome or because it isn't working and is blocking active folate or some of each. The only answer is remove the folic acid and try again. If only methylfolate is used then either you are getting refeeding syndrome which can include deficiency symptoms in other areas that are not in active healing. After a person has found what level of folate they need to get rid of symptoms then they can tell the difference if they try some folic acid too. I found that folic acid can block up to 10x as much methylfolate and folinic acid up to 20x as much methylfolate as the dose. As many of us need as much as 30mg of methylfolate a day for a near zero deficiency symptoms and the maximum folic acid effectiveness is up to 800mcg it may not be worth hanging onto it in any case.

The other thing I would like to say is that before starting the active ingredients a complete set of basic vitamins, other nutrients and minerals need to be in place or virtually every one of them will go deficient with refeeding syndrome,

Taking the ''Nature made B-complex with vitamin C'' one week before is not enough to start the active ingredients? More vitamins are needed?
I'm thinking about stopping the energy drinks with acid folic at least one week before starting the protocole. Then maybe reintroducing them some weeks after taking the active ingredients would be a good ''test'' to see if they are affecting me or not?
Thank you very much for your attention!

Freddd

Taking the ''Nature made B-complex with vitamin C'' one week before is not enough to start the active ingredients? More vitamins are needed?
I'm thinking about stopping the energy drinks with acid folic at least one week before starting the protocole. Then maybe reintroducing them some weeks after taking the active ingredients would be a good ''test'' to see if they are affecting me or not?
Thank you very much for your attention!

@dadouv47,

You only need to start it 1 day ahead. More does no good, half in morning half in evening. Along with that I wouyld suggest, A&D (cod liver oil extract is what I prefer),, additional D3, E (High gamma, 8 component I believe, NOW, just on playing the odds, Calcium, Magnesium, multi-trace mineral, omega3, Lecithin or maybe sunflower lecithin, a couple of grams of C or more.

I've changed my thinking on things at various times as additional information is added. At the present time I would leave the carnitine for titrating after the other three have been started. Also, do you have unusual caution, anxiety, fear? If so I would suggest that the liquid Jarrow with a micro titration be used. Here is the thing. After starting MeCbl and L-methylfolate, there is a sizable chance that a body would start making more cells. because like me, I hadn't kept up with healing for decades as so many of us. This can cause refeeding syndrome. So typically on the third day after cell making starts up, potassium can't keep up with the rate needed. Usually the healing startup is not on all "levels" so some symptoms will be changed in positive ways and some will get much worse or even new ones start up, typically potassium and making a person feel bad. It is also dangerous if ignored. Then typically more folate is needed, and many people find they can titrate quickly until the folate symptoms all start decreasing or feeling less bad. Some would drag that out for years. Then another round of potassium need pops up. And often another round of titration of potassium and/or folate can pop up as you add things. When you are stable then start l-carnitine. Many find that TMG can take a lot of the edge off the l-carnitine (fumarate for about 90% of folks, ALCAR about 10%, and many of both kinds find the free-base carnitine to work instead of one or the other of those. I would leave the SAM-e, biotin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and other such things for later unless you haven't located the thing(s) that cause you to start. It's additive. Once a person gets things started the induced deficiency symptoms (refeeding syndrome) gives clues to the next thing needed.

The hell of it is that we have these deficiency symptoms. Then as soon as those are not deficient one place they might become more deficient at others. So we keep seeing mostly the same symptoms over and over in different combinations. A person has to learn how their body reacts. I got clobbered because I didn't recognize copper deficiency and neither did my doctors or dentist or anybody and my serum levels were just above the bottom end of the range and still had SERIOUS deficiency symptoms, nerve damage. It was the same symptoms mostly but a different combination of them. It's like a lot of card games, looking for a certain combination of symptoms and having combinations AND BALANCE of nutrients.

I wouldn't take the energy drinks at all. Those will destroy whatever balance you are working for by giving you too much of other b-vitamins in the wrong combinations and amounts. I would be inclined to say that will prevent probable success. It's much too exacting to tolerate throwing the bomb of an energy drink into it.

If you want to see what blows up any success first you need to be stable, months into it, and then you try one thing at a time. It's too much work to self sabotage, and too dangerous too. I learned a lot but lost a lot doing glutathione precursors (NAC can have same effect as can whey). I had no idea how much a problem too much b1, b2, b3, inositol and maybe some other b-vits can be. I learned the hard way for a lot of things. The titrated balance that each person does can be destroyed by all sorts of things. It's easier if one doesn't do things likely to cause problems. I don't know that all the things would get somebody , but even one can turn off healing. The first time healing is the best time in my experience. I was able to keep it going for 4 years until I crashed it. There is lots of self observation, learning and tight management to have a chance of success.

Last edited:
Since this is a poll I thought I'd add my experience.

My initial experience (first week) was absolutely disastrous, doctor thought I had meningitis, I was laid out for a week.

Since then I've realised that I needed to increase the methyl folate and after that I have absolutely been flying, best I have felt in decades. Can't thank Freddd enough, you are truly a life saver.

I work a very physically strenuous job and have been struggling for years now (I was basically a zombie) but after a month of Freddd's protocol I feel stronger and have so much more energy. A side effect is that I am sooo much more relaxed like I am in a deep ocean of calm, contrasted to my previous hyper sensitive and angry state.

The only thing I am doing differently is taking methylcobalamin via the nasal route, my reading of peoples symptoms on this site lead me to the conclusion that the sublingual route doesn't provide enough methyl b12 and might be a cause for many symptoms.

Studies seem to show that sublingual absorption is inferior to nasal absorption. Apparently oral mucosa has a smaller dalton limit than nasal mucosa (300 vs 1000, given methylcobalamin is about 1350 daltons).

http://pqdtopen.proquest.com/doc/305184353.html?FMT=ABS

I've been making my own due to aqueous methylcobalamin's sensitivity to degradation but it is difficult to find methyl b12 in capsule form without additives, so far I've only found Doctors Best Fully Active and Pure Encapsulations.

I saturate it with pure water, add a cotton bud, extract the liquid with a syringe from the bud and then use a final pass through a syringe filter. I can definitely feel the difference between intranasal over sublingual. I'm currently experimenting with adding glycerin to increase absorption (apparently glycerin has a high ph and ascorbic acid needs to be added to reach optimal nasal absorption ph of about 5-6 ph).

I use the Mad nasal atomiser but I am looking to only apply it to the nostrils, the sinus cavity seems to be too sensitive and the b12 seems to coagulate too much in the cavity. Also the impact on the brain is very intense.

@Freddd

Just a quick question concerning refeeding, what would you suggest for vitiligo (unfortunately I have it in the nether regions and as the skin is thin it ruptures very easily). I'm currently trying copper after years of applying zinc cream in the region.

Once again, from the bottom of my heart thank you Freddd, you've changed my life.

Biarritz13

Since then I've realised that I needed to increase the methyl folate and after that I have absolutely been flying, best I have felt in decades. Can't thank Freddd enough, you are truly a life saver.

Hi Johny, How did you know that you needed to increase the methyl folate and by how many?

@dadouv47,
After starting MeCbl and L-methylfolate, there is a sizable chance that a body would start making more cells. because like me, I hadn't kept up with healing for decades as so many of us. This can cause refeeding syndrome. So typically on the third day after cell making starts up, potassium can't keep up with the rate needed. Usually the healing startup is not on all "levels" so some symptoms will be changed in positive ways and some will get much worse or even new ones start up, typically potassium and making a person feel bad. It is also dangerous if ignored.

Hi Freddd.

If I understand well, after the "third day", we need to gradually increase the potassium until we feel good enough again. How much potassium is needed in that case?

@dadouv47,
Then typically more folate is needed, and many people find they can titrate quickly until the folate symptoms all start decreasing or feeling less bad. Some would drag that out for years. Then another round of potassium need pops up. And often another round of titration of potassium and/or folate can pop up as you add things.

How do we know we need more folate? What is the safe amount we can gradually increase with?

Last edited:

Freddd

Since this is a poll I thought I'd add my experience.

My initial experience (first week) was absolutely disastrous, doctor thought I had meningitis, I was laid out for a week.

I work a very physically strenuous job and have been struggling for years now (I was basically a zombie) but after a month of Freddd's protocol I feel stronger and have so much more energy. A side effect is that I am sooo much more relaxed like I am in a deep ocean of calm, contrasted to my previous hyper sensitive and angry state.

The only thing I am doing differently is taking methylcobalamin via the nasal route, my reading of peoples symptoms on this site lead me to the conclusion that the sublingual route doesn't provide enough methyl b12 and might be a cause for many symptoms.

Studies seem to show that sublingual absorption is inferior to nasal absorption. Apparently oral mucosa has a smaller dalton limit than nasal mucosa (300 vs 1000, given methylcobalamin is about 1350 daltons).

http://pqdtopen.proquest.com/doc/305184353.html?FMT=ABS

I've been making my own due to aqueous methylcobalamin's sensitivity to degradation but it is difficult to find methyl b12 in capsule form without additives, so far I've only found Doctors Best Fully Active and Pure Encapsulations.

I saturate it with pure water, add a cotton bud, extract the liquid with a syringe from the bud and then use a final pass through a syringe filter. I can definitely feel the difference between intranasal over sublingual. I'm currently experimenting with adding glycerin to increase absorption (apparently glycerin has a high ph and ascorbic acid needs to be added to reach optimal nasal absorption ph of about 5-6 ph).

I use the Mad nasal atomiser but I am looking to only apply it to the nostrils, the sinus cavity seems to be too sensitive and the b12 seems to coagulate too much in the cavity. Also the impact on the brain is very intense.

@Freddd

Just a quick question concerning refeeding, what would you suggest for vitiligo (unfortunately I have it in the nether regions and as the skin is thin it ruptures very easily). I'm currently trying copper after years of applying zinc cream in the region.

Once again, from the bottom of my heart thank you Freddd, you've changed my life.

@Johnycomelately ,

I'm glad to hear of your good results. The trans nasal route is indeed perhaps the best. It seems to absorb better for the brain. People with CSF/FMS have been measured to have low Cerebral Spinal Fluid cobalamin. The intense CNS response to MeCbl is a POSITIVE effect. That is in my opinion a flag to healing. It won't last long. Equilibrium is reached pretty quickly. However I could feel the CNS healing going on for months after the intense neurological brightening.

I find that having both enough MeCbl and l-methylfolate affects skin, nails and hair. Other items do that too.

Freddd

Hi Johny, How did you know that you needed to increase the methyl folate and by how many?

Hi Freddd.

If I understand well, after the "third day", we need to gradually increase the potassium until we feel good enough again. How much potassium is needed in that case?

How do we know we need more folate? What is the safe amount we can gradually increase with?

@Theodore,

How do I know I need more folate? I had folate deficiency symptoms all my life. I did not know that and neither did any doctors I went to. Prior to Metafolin being available, it was impossible to do an A-B test with an active methylfolate compared to folic acid. I found that as i took Metafolin, and then more metafolin, that I needed far more than I ever dreamed of, or could afford. According to the Deplin research "At 7.5 and 15 mg doses there are "no side effects different from placebo". On the other hand, Cerefolin with NAC has a bunch of side effects different from Deplin which are induced folate deficiency symptoms based on my responses. that are not recognized as such.

I found that 4mg of Metafolin each 4 hours or so to rapidly bring all those symptoms down. The burning pain in the angular cheilitis starts fading in hours. In 3 to 5 days of continuing 15mg a day or better and all the folate deficiency sympotms were mostly gone but some would come back periodically. At 30mg/day none of them come back for me.

The low potassium symptoms have very little overlap with the folate deficiency symptoms. It is almost an entirely different list, especially on the first few days of increasing symptoms. I find that my total need for potassium has varied from 1200 mg to 2600+ mg. I take it as 1000mg with each of two meals of the potassium gluconate, and glass of water with 3 tablets (300mg - 3mg) 2 or 3 times per day.

In both cases I found that the effective dose started working in hours.or less. They both have short serum half life so I don't expect a dose or two to have the same effect all day as 3 larger doses or 4 smaller doses. The lists below appears to be reasonably useful in having some idea as to what is going on. Everybody's results are different and depend upon all the other items they are taking. among other things. The results depend upon titrated doses. However, too low a dose may just make paradoxical symptoms worse.

Version 2.12 02/14/2016 A work in process, incomplete, use at your own risk.

INDUCED DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS FROM REFEEDING SYNDROME. This can follow 5 days of food deprivation, anorexia, or sort of a pinpoint starvation via vitamin or mineral or amino acid deficiencies. Whatever the “most needed” item is will often cause a strong response

Group 1 – Hypokalemia onset. Often called “detox”. Symptoms may appear with serum potassium as high as 4.3. May become dangerous if ignored. Considered “rare” with CyCbl (Cyanocobalamin) it is very common with MeCbl (methylcobalamin) and AdoCbl (adenosylcobalamin) and less so with HyCbl (Hydroxycobalamin).

There does not appear to be a clear order of onset. The order of onset varies widely from person to person but many appear consistent for each episode for any given person. There tend to be more and more intense symptoms as it gets worse. Some people have ended up in the ER because of not recognizing the symptoms.

IBS – Steady constipation, Nausea, Vomiting, Paralyzed Ileum,

Hard knots of muscle, Sudden muscle spasms when relaxed, Sudden muscle spasms when stretching , Sudden muscle spasms when kneeling, Sudden muscle spasms when reaching , Sudden muscle spasms when turning upper body to side, Tightening of muscles, spasms and excruciating pain in neck muscles, waking up screaming in pain from muscle spasms in legs. Muscle weakness

Abnormal heart rhythms (dysrhythmias), increased pulse rate, increased blood pressure

Emotional changes and/or instability, dermal or sub-dermal Itching, and if not treated potentially paralysis and death.

Group 2a - Both

IBS – Diarrhea alternating with constipation, IBS – Normal alternating with constipation

Group 2b – Either or both

Headache, Increased malaise, Fatigue

Group 3 - Induced and/or Paradoxical Folate deficiency or insufficiency, partial methylation block to methyltrap on 1 or more internal triage levels. Frequently called “NAC DETOX” or “GLUTATHIONE DETOX”. Can be caused by folic acid, folinic acid and for some people, like me and quite a few others, excess vegetable folates. Further excess B1, B2, B3 and/or inositol can increase methylfolate deficiency symptoms.

These symptoms appear in 2 forms generally, the milder symptoms that start with partial methylation block and the more severe symptoms that come on as partial methylation block gets worse or very quickly with methyltrap onset.

Edema - An additional thing I would like to mention. I would never have found it without 5 years of watching the onset of paradoxical folate insufficiency and trying to catch it earlier and earlier and to figure out what was causing it and to reverse it. For me the onset order goes back to the day of onset now with edema and a sudden increase of weight. I noticed that within 2 hours of taking sufficient Metafolin I would have an increase in urine output.

Old symptoms returning
Edema

Angular Cheilitis, Canker sores,

Skin rashes, increased acne, Increased itchy acne on scalp and face, Skin peeling around fingernails, Skin cracking and peeling at fingertips,

IBS – Diarrhea alternating with constipation, IBS – Normal alternating with constipation
Headache, Increased malaise, Fatigue

Increased hypersensitive responses, Runny nose, Increased allergies, Increased Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Increased asthma, rapidly increasing Generalized inflammation in body, Increased Inflammation pain in muscles, Increased Inflammation pain in joints, Achy muscles, Flu like symptoms

IBS – Steady diarrhea, IBS – Diarrhea alternating with normal, Stomach ache, Uneasy digestive tract,

Coated tongue, Depression, Less sociable, Impaired planning and logic, Brain fog, Low energy, Light headedness, Sluggishness, Increase irritability, Heart palpitations,

Longer term, very serious

Loss of reflexes, Fevers, Forgetfulness, Confusion, Difficulty walking, Behavioral disorders, Dementia, Reduced sense of taste, bleeding easily

Group 4 - HyCbl onset, degraded MeCbl onset, MeCbl after photolytic breakdown onset.

Itchy bumps generally on scalp or face that develops to acne like lesions in a few days from start.

Group 5 – Copper deficiency after methylation startup has been achieved which often starts refeeding syndrome. 50mg or more of zinc has been indicated as a possible cause. 200-400 mg of zinc has been linked to copper deficiency. Excess supplemental or environmental manganese is linked to copper deficiency. Any or all symptoms can occur at “low normal range” copper tests.

Demyelination of nerves similar to Sub Acute Combined Degeneration except that methylation and ATP startup has occurred, and copper deficiency favors damage to the upper motor neurons with perceived muscle weakness. Brittle nails. Sleep disorders. Mood (especially depression perhaps) and personality changes. Connective tissue breakdown. Spider veins. Varicose veins. Shrinking gums. Gum disease not responsive to usual measures. Unstoppable tooth decay on exposed areas without enamel. Low testosterone

Group 6 – Excess P-5-P, an active form of B6 that appears to drive hematocrit.
High hematocrit. The blood thickens and doesn’t pump as easily. Deep vein thrombosis can result. Other suspected circulatory hazards. Sometimes linked to high testosterone when lowering P-5-P might reduce it.

Group 7 – Excess B-vitamins affecting methylation
When taking the active B12/folate deadlock quartet (AdoCbl, MeCbl, Metafolin, L-methylfolate) Excess B1 - Thiamin, Excess B2 – Riboflavin, Excess B3 – Niacin and/or Excess Inositol can all produce an excess need for potassium to deal with Groups 1, 2a and 2b symptoms and/or produce an excess need for l-methylfolate to reduce groups 2a, 2b and 3 symptoms. A person might not be able to correct by taking potassium or folate and may need to reduce B1 <= 15mg/day, B2<= 10.2mg/day, B3 <=50mg, and inositol below an unknown quantity.

Group 8 – Boron.
Arthritis swelling and pain, can be reduced by Boron

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/minerals/boron.html

Although all of the deficiency symptoms of boron are not fully understood, it is known that boron deficiency might result in the abnormal metabolism of calcium and magnesium. Some of the other symptoms include hyperthyroidism, sex hormone imbalance, osteoporosis, arthritis and neural malfunction.

@Theodore

My symptoms were in my brain, initially massive pain and now it shows up as a dull feeling in the front lobe. I also get knee and shin pain (both knees and shins) and general malaise (back to my old zombie self).

I initially tried the bend over technique with the nasal spray but it seems the olfactory mucosa is very permeable and the initial reaction I had was extremely intense. There's a whole lot of arteries in the sinus cavity and now I'm gunning to get it in the nostrils (the Kiesselbach plexus), when I'm brave enough I might go back to trying to get it in the brain.

As my reactions were so intense out of desperation I took about 15 solgar 800mcg at once and the symptoms went away.

sflorence

Not sure where to write this, but I am finishing up week 1 of Freddd's protocol. I have MCS and EHS (electromagnetic hypersensitivity) and I was wondering if anyone has experienced any relief from either of these through this protocol? MCS has to do with the liver and its phases being unbalanced, and god knows what EHS has to do with. So maybe correcting my methylation cycle could help with MCS????

caledonia

Not sure where to write this, but I am finishing up week 1 of Freddd's protocol. I have MCS and EHS (electromagnetic hypersensitivity) and I was wondering if anyone has experienced any relief from either of these through this protocol? MCS has to do with the liver and its phases being unbalanced, and god knows what EHS has to do with. So maybe correcting my methylation cycle could help with MCS????

I have MCS. The Cutler chelation people say MCS is due to mercury + arsenic, and EHS is due to mercury. I did the hair metals and minerals test interpreted with Cutler's counting rules, and I do have mercury + arsenic.

See my signature link for links to Cutler's protocol and the right hair test to take.

ps. I did have improvement in my MCS after starting methylation, but now looking back, I had also gotten my last mercury filling out at the same time. About a year and a half later, I had several gains including improvement in gut, MCS, and my thyroid recovering from autoimmune thyroiditis. I now believe this is due to the mercury filling coming out, although methylation is definitely helpful.

sflorence

I have MCS. The Cutler chelation people say MCS is due to mercury + arsenic, and EHS is due to mercury. I did the hair metals and minerals test interpreted with Cutler's counting rules, and I do have mercury + arsenic.

See my signature link for links to Cutler's protocol and the right hair test to take.

ps. I did have improvement in my MCS after starting methylation, but now looking back, I had also gotten my last mercury filling out at the same time. About a year and a half later, I had several gains including improvement in gut, MCS, and my thyroid recovering from autoimmune thyroiditis. I now believe this is due to the mercury filling coming out, although methylation is definitely helpful.

thank you for responding!

I have been on the AC protocol for about a year now.

I will continue to watch my EHS and MCS.

knackers323

Can someone please advise what the current best methyl B12 and any other supplement that needs to be of a certain brand is. Thanks

CCC

Can someone please advise what the current best methyl B12 and any other supplement that needs to be of a certain brand is. Thanks

Being in Australia, we're a bit restricted to iHerb

• MthylB12 - started with Enzymatic Therapy 1mg. We're now using Solgar 5mg when we use sublinguals. (We used Jarrow for while. They do absorb better than the Solgar, but we think they do it by dissolving the skin across your gums. )
  • NOW potassium gluconate seems to be preferred by people here (cheapest and suits a lot of people).
  • You can use any good methylfolate, but we have stayed with Solgar as it works well.

For methylB12, we ended up with the b12oils.com products, starting with the straight methylB12 then moving to the combined Adenosyl/Methyl B12. This is an oil you squirt on your skin and rub in. It's better in that it saves your teeth and gums. It doesn't, however, give that high of a spike in B12 in the brain (but you also don;t need as much methylfolate or potassium).

If you go with AdenosylB12, read the labels - some of them have folic acid in them, which you want to avoid like the plague.

All the best