• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 314 - All Natural GcMAF Plus Probiotics

lobba123

i can agree it could be much cheaper who knows but what i meant now is who cares about the price since we can t even have it...once we have it i might think about how to save but now the only thing that matters is have it available

trying to make it oursleves while a gorup of scientists took 314 tries is pure fantasy...i am afraid "something not good" has happened in US, i dont know what and i dont care but i d like to see this maf on trial here in europe too

Of course, there is something they don t tell there.Perhaps the temperature, I think.
I remember I read something like 37 C...but I dont know where, perhaps in the african study with probiotics for HIV.
I dont know if kefir grains have different strains to choose.Or is the exact concentration of grains , his weight, in relation to the colostrum that they tested so many times.

This paragragh are words of Ruggiero et al. not mine...

Im agree that if this works, they dont tell us for free the exact formula.
The Cheney patients have paid a 5000 dollars for it.

I agree with Lobba. Making the Maf ourselves.........making your own medicines and use a compound like that? That will do more harm than good. But voila something new....
I really like the probiotic idea but also there lots of us who are lactose intolerant or as I am, yogurt intolerant. But we will see hopefully they will come up with something.

lobba123

as to probiotics i was suggested already by......to use bifidus strain and kefir (but bifidus strain was stressed particularly, they said probiotics are all good but bifidus is better for immune function)

they also said it is better to buy a biostarter and make it yourself at home because if yo buy it most of the bacteria is dead, while making that at home weekly will make sure you get most of the bacteria alive

i am using both bifidus and kefir for the candida problems, bifidus looks actually good taste and helpful while i have noticed some strains in the fresh kefirs i buy worsen candia

I agree with Lobba. Making the Maf ourselves.........making your own medicines and use a compound like that? That will do more harm than good. But voila something new....
I really like the probiotic idea but also there lots of us who are lactose intolerant or as I am, yogurt intolerant. But we will see hopefully they will come up with something.

hi-

my MD wants to place me on GCMAF asap... i was wondering if you have been on it? or are u waiting for the probiotic that goes with it?

I have had trouble ordering from gcmaf.eu and now BGLI. I am not sure who to order from. neither of them seem professional.
would you happen to have some info. It would be much appreciated.
unfortunately, my MD is very excited about it but does not answer any ?'s abt my elevevated tgf-b1 test (where DR. KDM says he does not use the
product if its elevated...which mine is). My MD doesnt answer any email on the subject nor will he order it.
so, i feel i wld be on my own. and its not the ideal situation.

i know you are not an MD, but you seem to know a little...just from reading some of your posts.

xrunner

as to probiotics i was suggested already by......to use bifidus strain and kefir (but bifidus strain was stressed particularly, they said probiotics are all good but bifidus is better for immune function)

they also said it is better to buy a biostarter and make it yourself at home because if yo buy it most of the bacteria is dead, while making that at home weekly will make sure you get most of the bacteria alive

i am using both bifidus and kefir for the candida problems, bifidus looks actually good taste and helpful while i have noticed some strains in the fresh kefirs i buy worsen candia

Hi Lobba123,

I'm not sure I understood what/whom you were referring to by "they", in pointing out that bifidus is better. Is that for general yoghurt making or did you refer to maf314?
I'd appreciate if you could expand on that
In addition, what strain of bifidus do you use? does it matter?
Cheers

lobba123

i prefer not to say which researcher told me but they said it is not like the other strains.i made it home of course because it is the only way to make it fresh, rich and higher quality
i got the starters from
http://www.kefir.it/

and it is so potent to make yougurt even without the yogurt machine but just putting strains in hot milk 35-40

of course this is nothing like maf314 but it may have a minimum effect on nagalse/immune system.maf314 is continuatively being researched and improved too so both the product and the results will be probably even better with time

Hi Lobba123,

I'm not sure I understood what/whom you were referring to by "they", in pointing out that bifidus is better. Is that for general yoghurt making or did you refer to maf314?
I'd appreciate if you could expand on that
In addition, what strain of bifidus do you use? does it matter?
Cheers

Doogle

lobba123,

Do you know what probiotic strains are in the kefer you received from http://www.kefir.it?

Thanks,

i prefer not to say which researcher told me but they said it is not like the other strains.i made it home of course because it is the only way to make it fresh, rich and higher quality
i got the starters from
http://www.kefir.it/

and it is so potent to make yougurt even without the yogurt machine but just putting strains in hot milk 35-40

of course this is nothing like maf314 but it may have a minimum effect on nagalse/immune system.maf314 is continuatively being researched and improved too so both the product and the results will be probably even better with time

lobba123

you should email to them to have all strains lists, i m not sure if they report all of them in the website, it looks like they report the bigger populations only

they make 2 type of kefir, one with specific strains to boost immune function
http://kefir.it/scheda-prodotto.asp?cod=44
Lactococcus, Saccharomyces, Kluyveromyces, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter), Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis BB-12, Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5, Lactbacillus bulgaricus LBY-27, Streptococcus thermophilus STY-31 .

and another type called natural kefir but the strains are not reported
http://kefir.it/scheda-prodotto.asp?cod=4

their products are made by doctor and bioligist, if you send an email you will get answers by experts in the filed

now i am using bifidus strain only because the taste of kefir is not that good while bifidus is a cream with zero acid

lobba123,

Do you know what probiotic strains are in the kefer you received from http://www.kefir.it?

Thanks,

lobba123

this can be very personal because any of us has different balance in the gut:
another problem i had with kefir was worsening of candida or other infections in the inner part of lips and mouth while bifidus or lactobacillus reuteri was very beneficial for this.

one of my antivirals was alinia, but it used to make damage to gut flora and ,make mild diarrea, while on reuteri and bifidus i could stand higher doses of alinia with no diarrea at all

you should email to them to have all strains lists, i m not sure if they report all of them in the website, it looks like they report the bigger populations only

they make 2 type of kefir, one with specific strains to boost immune function
http://kefir.it/scheda-prodotto.asp?cod=44
Lactococcus, Saccharomyces, Kluyveromyces, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter), Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis BB-12, Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5, Lactbacillus bulgaricus LBY-27, Streptococcus thermophilus STY-31 .

and another type called natural kefir but the strains are not reported
http://kefir.it/scheda-prodotto.asp?cod=4

their products are made by doctor and bioligist, if you send an email you will get answers by experts in the filed

now i am using bifidus strain only because the taste of kefir is not that good while bifidus is a cream with zero acid

Lobbas123

When you communicated with the Italian website for kefir and yogurt starter, was it in English or Italian. I don't see any sign of English translation on the website and my Italian is marginal so I can't make sense of the detailed information.

I wonder if there are companies in the US supplying similar products?

Are you making yogurt with bifidus ? I'm curioius because I've read that bifidus was very difficult (or impossible) to use for home yogurt making. Do they tell you which bifidus strain it is (b.breve, b. infantis, etc...). Do you have any way to check the amount of bifidus that is in the homemade yogurt?

John

lobba123

just use chrome it will translate the website for you

i dont know if there are similar products elsewhere, i guess so but i have to tell you that the normal strain yougurt makers bought at the pharmacy were much much weaker than the same strains bought at kefir.it, i couldnt even get yogurt sometimes using yougurt machine.
i have nt also found kefir or bifidus starters elsewhere

i have no idea but i d check in US first for both bifidus and kefir starters.kefir.it supplies alive starters that needs to be shiped fast and then put in the fridge, couriers can be as fast as 1-2 days italy to US but if there are customs delays like 7 days this might be a problem

Are you making yogurt with bifidus ?
yes and it gets done even with no yogurt machine

because I've read that bifidus was very difficult (or impossible) to use for home yogurt making.
totally bullsh**, it is extremely easy to do, at least the one from kefir.it.i guess a small company with exprt biologist can do much better than big companies, maybe they are small and can do much better quality products

Do you have any way to check the amount of bifidus that is in the homemade yogurt?
this is not important, you get the highest amount possible by making it home made no other way to make more

Lobbas123

When you communicated with the Italian website for kefir and yogurt starter, was it in English or Italian. I don't see any sign of English translation on the website and my Italian is marginal so I can't make sense of the detailed information.

Are you making yogurt with bifidus ? I'm curioius because I've read that bifidus was very difficult (or impossible) to use for home yogurt making. Do they tell you which bifidus strain it is (b.breve, b. infantis, etc...). Do you have any way to check the amount of bifidus that is in the homemade yogurt?

John

MAF 878 probiotc

We have seen good results in our practice with the probiotic MAF 878 , certain bacteria growing in the culture medium of yoghurt produces MAF. This is a separate but similar approach to Ruggerio's approach. NK cells are stimulated by the MAF.
We use it with and or without GcMAF.

Derek Enlander MD

Rrrr

Dr. Enlander

Hi Dr. Enlander,

Can you tell us more about the MAF878, by chance? How soon do you start to see results and what sort of results are you seeing?

Warmly,
Rrrr

This thread was very interesting. I wish there was a way to get MAF 878 or MAF 314 to add to my homemade yogurt. I would be upset if it was available, because I could not afford it :( I need to find a good source of bifidus starter.

mellster

Marco
I think if 2 or more patients share it becomes affordable but it is a logistics problem cause it has to stay cooled. Also you could try and order the KMAF to start with (~$50 per bottlle) and try out. cheers

I think if 2 or more patients share it becomes affordable but it is a logistics problem cause it has to stay cooled. Also you could try and order the KMAF to start with (~$50 per bottlle) and try out. cheers

Sharing within the same country could work out. Insulate well, add ice, and ship overnight. Maybe not during the hottest summer months to hotter states. Or if 2 people live a couple hours apart and split the drive. The starter is not in powder form? Easier to divide the starter and ship that than shipping yogurt.

Thanks, I had not heard of the KMaf before. I would like to try it. $31 shipping if buying only for myself :(

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, i've just read all of this thread, hoping to find out something about the starter for MAF314 (or 878) the posts seem to have gone from 'you cant get it yet' to 'how do we ship it' without any info in between.
I have obviously missed something here.

Is the MAF yoghurt starter now available?
And if so where from?
is anyone using it?
if so what are the results so far?

Cheers! Justy.