• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help digesting Freddd's protocol for B12

Hi, I need some help getting to the protocol or the latest consensus on the exact protocol.

Which Supplements, Brands and Amounts are recommended today? Every thread I try to read through just makes me more confused Lol.

Thanks for anyone's help!

Pyrrhus

I'm sure if you look around Phoenix Rising, you will find a couple of different methylation protocols, some of which come with simplified versions.

From a theoretical perspective, though, in order to break a methylfolate trap you would really only need a few basic things:
  1. Vitamin B12: This breaks the methylfolate trap.
  2. Folate (Vitamin B9): Once the methylfolate trap is broken, there will be an increased demand for folate.
  3. Vitamin B6: This will reduce any homocysteine that accumulated during the methylfolate trap.
  4. Potassium: Once the methylfolate trap is broken, there may be a sudden, but temporary, drop in potassium. Unexplained muscle cramps are a good sign of this phenomenon.
Hope this helps.

drmullin30

Hi @scotttt I've attached a document that has circulated around here before which spells out the basics of Freddd's protocol.

I would suggest that you get your genetic profile done as these protocols may work best when they are tailored to your specific genetics. That was absolutely my experience.

I would be careful with Freddd's protocol though as it doesn't always agree with everyone right at the beginning. Some people need to use Rich VanK's protocol (you can find that a lot of info in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/b-12-the-hidden-story.142/) to start or something akin to Yasko and James C. Roberts approach using nutrigenomics.

Here is Roberts' site: https://heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

I've also attached one of Yasko's books which I found helpful but you'll need to get your genetics done to put it into practice.

Wishing you good health!

Attachments

• my_understanding_of_freddds_protocol.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Amy yasko.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 78