• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good reaction to Cellfood- may be oxygenating the body, helping immune system; apparently boosted thyroid & now helping stroke patient

Mary

Moderator Resource
I hope it doesn't give me any side effects.
It's very possible it could cause a herx or detox reaction initially. Also, just this past week it's been causing a bit more detoxing but it wasn't bad, and I still felt better than I would have otherwise. But of course we're all different. I have no way of telling what it might do for you.
On that note hsa anyone noticed insomnia, terrible hunger pains (due to increased immune function), an exponential dosing effect (evey week that goes by you get a bit more than you did the week before).
No - I had wondered if it would cause insomnia because it was increasing energy and they seem to go hand in hand for me, but nope - no worse than usual! No terrible hunger hangs and no exponential dosing effect either. Let us know how it goes for you!

Mary

Moderator Resource
Where's the government's consumer protection?
I hope the government doesn't decide to "protect" me from Cellfood, which is helping to give me a piece of my life back. For the first time in over 20 years I'm starting to consider instituting a light exercise program, because I am starting to have energy on a somewhat consistent basis. I know this could disappear overnight, but oh well, one day at a time!

Just because we don't understand how something works doesn't mean that it can't work. Very slight alterations in the chemistry of a substance can greatly change its actions.

Wishful

Just because we don't understand how something works doesn't mean that it can't work.

True, but that doesn't mean that marketers should get away with outright lies. The government doesn't have to ban Cellfood, but they should prevent them from false, nonsense, or unproven claims. The manufacturer is free to say: "We don't know why it works, but x000 people have reported to us that it helps them, and they continue to reorder it."

The false/nonsense marketing increases sales via unethical means. Preventing unethical marketing is one of the things I want the government to do.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Mary's already taking sulfuric acid daily, and finding benefits rather than problems, so you can say that its safety is proven. I wouldn't take battery acid long-term, since I'm not sure of what contaminant levels are acceptable for batteries, but for a short term test, a drop of battery acid in several glasses of water (not sure how dilute Cellfood is) is probably less risky for contaminants than many foods in the supermarket.

In the land of 100,000 onsens, I bath in battery acid daily. :D

Honestly, I have high sulphur content in my tap water. I have tested it for acidity.

It's brutal on my plumbing, but I have yet to be able to jump start an automobile. :_

godlovesatrier

It's true. I mean in te UK there are many things we can't get. Most people would say great we are protected. Whilst true. If someone wanted to put out an innovative new extract they might never get the approval. It's just so easy in the states to get preparations for various things. Especially where botanicals are concerned. For example we have a place in Bristol UK that does andrograoghis. They treat it, heat it and mill it. The end result is a totally useless botanical granule that has zero use medicinally. This is to comply with safety standard and purity etc.

Wishful

The end result is a totally useless botanical granule that has zero use medicinally. This is to comply with safety standard and purity etc.

That seems like a problem of bureaucracies: they're disconnected from reality. In this case, they don't care about the consumer, they care about 'showing results' according to their bureaucratic rules, to get promotion, or a better office, or whatever else. There will always be tradeoffs between having the government protect us and having them not overprotect us.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I had an amazing day yesterday, the most energy I've had in the last 22 years, since I started crashing. I did at least 3 times the amount of activity I ordinarily allow myself (in order to avoid crashing the next day) and I'm not sure yet if I'm crashed today. I feel a bit beat up, but I am detoxing some, my digestion is a bit screwed up, so that's part of it. I'll wait to see how the day unfolds - but I don't think I feel nearly as bad as I should given everything I did yesterday, which included moving furniture - it was incredible having energy! I'd forgotten what it felt like. It was also reassuring to find that my body was capable of exertion, though terribly deconditioned.

godlovesatrier

I had an amazing day yesterday, the most energy I've had in the last 22 years, since I started crashing. I did at least 3 times the amount of activity I ordinarily allow myself (in order to avoid crashing the next day) and I'm not sure yet if I'm crashed today. I feel a bit beat up, but I am detoxing some, my digestion is a bit screwed up, so that's part of it. I'll wait to see how the day unfolds - but I don't think I feel nearly as bad as I should given everything I did yesterday, which included moving furniture - it was incredible having energy! I'd forgotten what it felt like. It was also reassuring to find that my body was capable of exertion, though terribly deconditioned.

This is amazing Mary. I'm praying it works I really could do with a tiny bit extra without the anxiety and subsequent anger it produces.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Well, I ended up crashing after my amazing day. No surprise really, but one can hope -- but I overdid it big time yesterday. So I want to see if I can at least do somewhat more than before without crashing - whether the Cellfood is extending my energy envelope - and this will take some time and experimenting to tell. ...

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

Ok I've just taken one drop. Really hits your tooth enamel don't it! Yeeks. Want to see how I tolerate the one drop first. It tastes extremely acidic...like vinegar basically but maybe a bit higher in ph, or not I don't know.

If I don't detox or feel weird I'll take some more at lunch and will repeat tomorrow, as I had to take a little bit of ginseng thismorning which is gonna throw the results out!

godlovesatrier

Hopefully @Hip hasn't already posted this, I did a quick check. https://www.researchgate.net/public..._CELLFOOD_R_against_oxidative_damage_in_vitro

Antioxidant Effect Cell Food

CF protected, in a dose-dependent manner, both GSH and DNA from oxidation by preserving reduced GSH thiol groups and supercoiled DNA integrity, respectively.

Looking for Mitochondrial morphology papers or links, came upon it's anti oxidant discussion. I know it's all in vitro and doesn't work for everyone, but for those it does work for - would be nice to know exactly how it works.

Source
1589192970038.png

1589192422990.png

Whilst I shouldn't make radical suggestions, but it's in my nature to have wild ideas. I wonder how it compares to the overall anti oxidant effect of something like ss-31 for example.

Still not really any clearer as to how the contents of it actually work mindue.

Attachments

• 1589192393524.png
    1589192393524.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary How do you feel now? Recovered from the crash? that is did it take you up straight off the crash or do you feel like you remain depressed like a normal crash?

I don't remain depressed after a normal crash. I was recovered yesterday, though I might have overdone it again! :nervous: Not quite sure yet . . .

I was surprised that I only crashed for one day, because I seriously overdid it on Friday so was expecting to maybe be down for 2 days. In general it takes me one day to recover from crashing, since I started taking BCAAs.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Ok I've just taken one drop. Really hits your tooth enamel don't it! Yeeks. Want to see how I tolerate the one drop first. It tastes extremely acidic...like vinegar basically but maybe a bit higher in ph, or not I don't know.
Are you diluting it in water? You're not supposed to take it straight! I dilute 10 drops in about 8 ounces of water, and it tastes a bit like I've put lemon juice in it, not bad.

godlovesatrier

Lemon juice. Yep. That's pretty accurate.

I did dilute it. I only did 3 drops at lunch. Now I can't be sure the effect yet because of the ginseng. But it felt like it gave me a kick up very quickly after taking it. Which remained like that for a few hours.

I crashed on Saturday and I'm almost recovered today. I took 2 bcaas morning on the crash day and the day after. But my muscles were in a seriously bad way when I crashed to be fair. Anyway it was a bad crash.

1 day isn't bad to recover if your exertion was the equivalent of mine. In fact that's pretty quick. When I crash I can often be out for 2 to 4 days or if the crashes join up that time is extended. A day is great. Well fingers crossesd tomorrow goes well.

Thanks @Mary

Mary

Moderator Resource
1 day isn't bad to recover if your exertion was the equivalent of mine. In fact that's pretty quick. When I crash I can often be out for 2 to 4 days or if the crashes join up that time is extended. A day is great.
I agree - a day is great! My crashes used to last 2 - 3 days before I started taking BCAAs. You might try increasing your dose of BCAAs. I take 5000 mg every day, not just when I crash, and this is what caused my PEM recovery time to be cut so much. I don't think taking 2 capsules (I'm guessing this would be 500 - 1000 mg., depending on the product) on the day of a crash and the day afterwards would do much for me.

But it felt like it gave me a kick up very quickly after taking it. Which remained like that for a few hours.
I usually feel the benefit about an hour after taking it, and it will last a couple of hours. So taking it 3 x a day is working well for me.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you too! :nerd:

godlovesatrier

Hey @Mary

Sadly the occipital lymph flare, base of skull swelling and general skull swelling on higher doses for sustained periods (a lot for more than 2-3 days) just causes terrible swelling. Saying that you're right!! The myprotein tablets I have are elephant tablets, but they must be a higher dose (Due to lockdown I can't get at them to check), I use the optimum nutrition ones. Think I may need 6 tablets to block PEM. As one elephant tablet does keep me going all day and stop the crash entirely.

Ok great, I am going to try morning and lunch then evening. Just doing 3 drops for now until I can figure out the dynamics, as almost everything causes me to crash from whey protein isolate to d-ribose and eventually mysteriously ubiquinol. But early signs are not bad!! :D

Thanks I'll report back,

Wishful

I know it's all in vitro and doesn't work for everyone,

Yes, in vitro experiments often have little in common with in vivio responses. Drinking some dilute sulfuric acid is not going to put those H2SO4 molecules into mitochondria. You'll have H30+ cations when you mix H2SO4 with water, and I expect those will react fairly quickly with your mouth, throat, and stomach, after which the body adds some antacids as necessary. I'm not sure whether you'd see any differences in serum after swallowing some acid.

While checking about H2SO4 and antioxidant action, I came across this paper: http://www.barc.gov.in/publications/eb/golden/chemical/toc/chapter5/5_1.pdf which shows that increasing sulfuric acid decreases dissolved oxygen. Maybe the claims of Cellfood 'releasing oxygen' were based on an in vitro test where they measured oxygen being released from the sample. It wouldn't be from splitting water, it would have been from forcing dissolved oxygen out of solution.