• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good reaction to Cellfood- may be oxygenating the body, helping immune system; apparently boosted thyroid & now helping stroke patient

Mary

Moderator Resource
Well, as long as we aren't talking about hydrogen water, ;) have you tried humic acid or fukvic acid which sound a little similar to CellFood in concept (though not source)?
Actually I've been taking a product which has both humic and fulvic acid (Morningstar Minerals Immune Boost 77) for a couple of months now with no noticeable benefit, though no apparent bad reaction either. (@Wishful , FYI, this product does contain Thulium and Ytterbium, though not Thallium, though it does contain Tellurium and Yttrium and several other substances with unpronounceable names!)

YippeeKi YOW !!

The Cellfood page is full on scientific nonsense. For example: "by utilizing the same technology used decades ago to split the atom-splits water molecules within the body by weakening the bonding electrons," they're confusing weak force with electromagnetic force. The only reason I can see for them using deuterium rather than hydrogen is marketing reasons (sounds more sciency). I can't take anything on the page seriously.
I pretty much agree, tho I'm only marginally science-literate.

Then again, there's absolutely no rational foothold for the 'scientific' explanation of homeopathy, and yet it works for a lot of people.

And as I think I said before, regardless of the sciencey-ness of something, the bottom line is: does it work for you ? The rest is just footnotes and windy debates....

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Yeah, I've let this go off-topic, but I started the thread, so if no one has any objections, will let this continue a bit longer --;)
Please .... some really interesting stuff is popping up, and I know we'll get back to hydrogen water, which also interests me, eventually .....

Sometimes it's the side-trips that produce the most surprizing landscapes ....

Mary

Moderator Resource
Please .... some really interesting stuff is popping up, and I know we'll get back to hydrogen water, which also interests me, eventually .....

Sometimes it's the side-trips that produce the most surprizing landscapes ....
This is an interesting discussion, but I've just realized that even though I started the thread, it's not really "my" topic - it was initially about a Hydrogen Rich water study for which they're trying to recruit participants, so I'm going to move the Cellfood discussion to the thread I started about Cellfood, so the Cellfood discussion can carry on there and this thread can get back to the Friedberg Hydrogen Rich Water study! :nerd:

Wishful

(@Wishful , FYI, this product does contain Thulium and Ytterbium, though not Thallium, though it does contain Tellurium and Yttrium and several other substances with unpronounceable names!)

Interesting. The manufacturer doesn't provide any information about how much of these trace elements it contains, or how bioavailable they are. I wonder how it compares with other sources (supplements not mentioning them, or ordinary food).

Wishful

Cellfood was recalled by Health Canada, for trickery with authorization numbers: https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/40241a-eng.php Sounds to me like the company has questionable ethics.

I followed up a bit more. Consumer Labs said: "Oxygen is certainly good and necessary, however, the most effective method to get oxygen to our tissues and muscles is breathing. Ingesting oxygen will not enhance this process (Wing, Wilderness Environ Med 2003)." That link tested a couple of oxygen enhancers, and found no effect. From that it seems likely that whatever effects you notice from Cellfood are not from higher blood oxygen content. Figuring out what component is causing the effect would be difficult, since it's a 'proprietary blend'.

I don't suppose you're willing to try some diluted regular sulfuric acid to see if it's just as effective? :nervous:

I have tasted sulfuric acid before (licking a finger after working with battery acid). I'm guessing those were stronger doses than contained in Cellfood, unless Cellfood makes your mouth tingle.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I don't suppose you're willing to try some diluted regular sulfuric acid to see if it's just as effective? :nervous:
You're right, I'm not willing to do that!

Fakespot gave the Amazon Cellfood reviews a grade of D, pretty bad, right? But Fakespot said that meant that 55% of the reviews were authentic. There are 831 reviews on Amazon, so according to Fakespot over 400 of them are real reviews, and the overwhelming majority are positive. I know this is not proof of anything, just a bit of information.

I did see the Canadian recall. They said the product authorization number was for an iodine product and not Cellfood. I don't know what caused the problem, it's possible the company has questionable ethics, or it could have been a bureaucratic mix-up - we know what bureaucracies are like!

Wishful

You're right, I'm not willing to do that!

Well, you are taking sulfuric acid already; changing the atomic weight slightly makes no real difference. Battery acid (fresh) isn't toxic, and its corrosive and protein-damaging properties probably aren't much worse than several other acids we normally consume (vinegar, phosphoric acid, citric acid). If Cellfood reduced my ME symptoms, I wouldn't hesitate to try ordinary battery acid. Starting very dilute, of course. I expect that a lot of processed foods in the supermarket are much more hazardous to our health than ordinary dilute H2SO4.

We all have our different comfort levels of what we're willing to experiment with. :)

Wayne

I've read very little of this thread. -- Just wanted to chime in however that I took cellfood pretty regularly for several years, and always found it to give me an energy boost. I would usually take it on an empty stomach in the morning, and it felt like a very mild stimulant, without the edgy feeling that often come with stimulants like coffee. I stopped taking it at some point, I'm assuming because I felt the benefits weren't quite worth the price. But I had very favorable experiences with this product.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I have very favorable experiences with this product.
Glad to hear it @Wayne ! I'm on my second bottle, I take it 3 x a day, it's still worth it to me - I hate to say it but part of me is hoping for a major benefit . . . can't even really think about, but the idea is there in the back of my mind - hope springs eternal! (despite all the odds! :sluggish:)

Wishful

I hate to say it but part of me is hoping for a major benefit

It is possible. I did not expect cumin to work reliably for long, but it did. I absolutely did not expect it to cure me of PEM. I didn't expect the problem I was treating with T2 to be cured either. So yes, some treatments can possibly provide major, permanent (maybe) benefits. Keep your hopes up! :)

Mary

Moderator Resource
It is possible. I did not expect cumin to work reliably for long, but it did. I absolutely did not expect it to cure me of PEM. I didn't expect the problem I was treating with T2 to be cured either. So yes, some treatments can possibly provide major, permanent (maybe) benefits. Keep your hopes up! :)
Thanks @Wishful! Only it's been too painful in the past to get my hopes up and then dashed again and again . . . but you never know! That's my motto - keeping an open mind as much as I can and just waiting to see what happens! :nerd:

And I'm really glad for you that the cumin cured you of PEM - that's mind-blowing - and the T2 helping you so much too! :thumbsup:

YippeeKi YOW !!

No job for you at the White House then.:(
:D:D:D:D:D:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol: :_:_:_:_:_ :headslap:

Sadly, no.

I'll miss the scintillating scientifillic talk and the warm camaraderie, but y'know, there it is .... and I could have given them such a rich trove of potential cures to mull over out loud. In front of witnesses. And reporters. And cameras. And a stunned scientificious community.

Pity ......

Wishful

I think I can be talked into drawing the line at sulfuric acid

I honestly don't see why the reluctance. You shouldn't ingest it at concentrations that cause physical damage, but the same applies to acetic acid, citric acid, and all the other acids humans frequently consume. Unless you're really sensitive to sulfur, it seems pretty much as safe as vinegar at the same concentration. "Salt & Sulfuric acid chips" might be tasty.

Mary's already taking sulfuric acid daily, and finding benefits rather than problems, so you can say that its safety is proven. I wouldn't take battery acid long-term, since I'm not sure of what contaminant levels are acceptable for batteries, but for a short term test, a drop of battery acid in several glasses of water (not sure how dilute Cellfood is) is probably less risky for contaminants than many foods in the supermarket.

I'm not trying to force anyone to take sulfuric acid. I'm just pointing out that the fear about it seems irrational, probably due to confusing common applications for high-molarity sulfuric acid vs other acids that are commonly thought of only in low-molarity concentrations (acids normally in foods). High-molarity HCl is used in drain cleaners and brick cleaners (with appropriately scary warning labels), but people take it--at appropriately lower molarity--as a health supplement.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Mary's already taking sulfuric acid daily, and finding benefits rather than problems, so you can say that its safety is proven.
@Wishful , deuterium sulfate is sulfuric acid with the hydrogen replaced by deuterium, so it's not the same thing as what we usually think of as sulfuric acid. There is a chemical difference, and I would assume it is this difference which causes its beneficial effects for me.

Having said this, I wouldn't say Cellfood's safety is proven. I'm having good results with it but I have no idea how others will react to it, though going by the Amazon reviews (which I'm aware are notoriously unreliable), in general it appears to be a good thing.