• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good reaction to Cellfood- may be oxygenating the body, helping immune system; apparently boosted thyroid & now helping stroke patient

YippeeKi YOW !!

I think you may be confusing my PEM results with BCAAs ;)
Oh crepe, you're right !!!

Have been having a series of really rotten brain days.

I might go for the Cellfood first, primarily because, like you, I have determined, relentless hypothyroid issues, and for various reasons, went off my Dr dictated Synthroid (for mysterious reasons ;), he switched me off the very successful Cytomel I'd been on without incident or side effects for some 20 years and then also refused to trial me on more natural forms of thyroid treatment) which actually helped somewhat, but still miles to go ...

Mary

Moderator Resource
@YippeeKi YOW !! - I don't think I like your doctor! He should explain why he does something and also listen to you - argghhh!!! :aghhh:

Okay - having said that, yes, the Cellfood might help your thyroid. For me the first clue was my BP going up. I know I said this above, but I've been on some form of desiccated thyroid for over 20 years and this is the first time I've been able to cut my dose. I'm still doing well on half my earlier dose.

One more thing - you might try this pose - it can help with sleep, and then eventually seemed to start stimulating my thyroid, so I eventually quit it as it was actually interfering with sleep, but that might be a good thing for you. It took a couple of weeks for that effect to kick in. I've recently restarted doing it (together with grounding) for sleep, and, fingers crossed, so far so good! It is very calming.

YippeeKi YOW !!

@YippeeKi YOW !! - I don't think I like your doctor! He should explain why he does something and also listen to you - argghhh!!! :aghhh:
The last thing I asked that Dr to explain was why h'd altered my medical file to completely eradicate all the signs and symptoms of cancer that I presented with, including the results of blood tests that, had he actually read them, would have been absolutely certain signs of either lymphoma, leukemia or myeloma, that he either overlooked or completely ignored ..... twice ....

So ...... not seeing him anymore. Or any other Dr at this point ... sort of all doctored out....

Mary

Moderator Resource
The last thing I asked that Dr to explain was why h'd altered my medical file to completely eradicate all the signs and symptoms of cancer that I presented with, including the results of blood tests that, had he actually read them, would have been absolutely certain signs of either lymphoma, leukemia or myeloma, that he either overlooked or completely ignored ..... twice ....
This is unethical, as well as possibly illegal -- dang!
So ...... not seeing him anymore. Or any other Dr at this point ... sort of all doctored out....
I don't blame you! I only recently found a doctor that I think I might be able to work with, after no one for 5 or 6 years (apart from cholesterol etc.)

YippeeKi YOW !!

This is unethical, as well as possibly illegal -- dang!
It's not just possibly illegal, it's a criminal, Federal, offense .... the alteration of legal records, and your medical info is a legal record, is deeply, deeply frowned on ...
I don't blame you! I only recently found a doctor that I think I might be able to work with, after no one for 5 or 6 years (apart from cholesterol etc.)
I was going to ask you how that was going the other day, but for the last week-plus, I cant hold a thought long enough to at on it ....
Sooooo .... have you Skyped with her or visited her in person yet? From your first report, she really sounds terrific !!! And you're overdue for 'medically terrific' about now ....

Mary

Moderator Resource
It's not just possibly illegal, it's a criminal, Federal, offense .... the alteration of legal records, and your medical info is a legal record, is deeply, deeply frowned on ...
Have you thought about reporting the doctor? (I know, easier said than done!)
have you Skyped with her or visited her in person yet? From your first report, she really sounds terrific !!! And you're overdue for 'medically terrific' about now ....
I think we're ALL overdue for medically terrific!! :sluggish: I wonder if doctors have any clue how much we dread dealing with them and how much harm so many of them do! But I suppose if they were clued in, they might take pains to do better - at the very least admit what they don't know!

I did have a skype or zoom or whatever software they use appointment with her 4 or 5 weeks ago, and it went well. She agreed to do all the testing I asked (!) and had some suggestions of her own. One I requested was Nutreval. I haven't had extensive testing done for !several years, so this will be interesting to see! I have a follow-up skype/zoom etc. whatever it is appt on Monday 8/10 to go over the results.

In the meanwhile, this coming Monday the plan is to get an ozone IV. I'm combining it with a visit to see my sister who had the stroke (who is still doing better from reports I here). I had been initially told by the tech that I would have to be in a room with 4 other people for the IV with social distancing and masks, but there is no way I want to sit in a room with 4 patients for an hour! I told the tech my immune system is compromised (low WBCV for over 20 years, among other things) but she wouldn't budge. I finally contacted the doctor directly, who came up with a compromise - i'm to call the morning of the IV appt and if a separate room is free, I can have it. No, it's not perfect. I have a feeling she (the doctor) was trying to please both of us, but I think I'll be able to get the IV. At the least I'll get to see my sister.

How long have you been without competent medical care?

YippeeKi YOW !!

Have you thought about reporting the doctor? (I know, easier said than done!)
Bot advisable if anyone you love needs or may need a Dr in the future .... they have long memories and never forget a slight. It would also be difficult if not ipossible to get health car coverage.

It's a vicious circle. Drs deny it, but several attys, including one who's an old family friend, advised against it and told me how the malpractice laws are written, along with the existence of an off-record Drs site where information about 'difficult' patients can be logged and accessed by anyone with a medical license ....
How long have you been without competent medical care?
Competent care? Well, if you count the years I was with PCP Dr who altered my records and ignored my symptoms for several years, shifted me out of Rxs that were working and had been working for 2 decades, probably about severl years. It's going to take a lot to overcome both my experiences with Drs and some of what I;ve learned about how our medical system works .... for now, I'm OK with that .....

Jyoti

I'm a little hesitant to report in so early on in the Cell Food protocol (one week), but I will watch things and check back in after a month. Still, preliminary results are exciting and I (of course, perhaps prematurely) want to shout it from the rooftops.

I started taking Cell Food a week ago just after beginning a hiatus from all the other supplements I take. I was in a pretty severe crash that had been going on for a few weeks, and did not have a lot of hope. Since I began taking Cell Food, I have titrated up from 3 drops a day to 8 two times a day without any noticeable challenges. According to the manufacturer, the optimal dose is 8 drop three times a day, so I have a bit further to go.

I have come out of the crash and while not 100%, the improvement is quite dramatic. In addition, I have found on three separate days that I actually have intrinsic energy. I do a great deal of what I actually manage to do, as I assume most of us do, fueled solely by will and intent.

Do you know those rare and delicious moments every once in a great while where you can feel something in your body that is reminiscent of the energy that was almost always there before you got sick? Where the muscles rejoice in movement instead of dully struggling and straining to follow the orders coming down from the brain?

Well, I've had three days where that happened. I cannot remember a time since I got sick where I felt that well-being in motion that often. And it has been months and months since I have experienced even a short bout of it.

The vicissitudes of ME make me want to be cautious. The fluctuations have always flummoxed my attempts to track triggers and helpers. I think I know what is working and then the next week, same things and totally different outcomes.

That having been said--I am hopeful and wanted to add my experience to date to Mary's.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

That having been said--I am hopeful and wanted to add my experience to date to Mary's.
That's incredibly good, @Jyoti !!!

Your description of the sluggish, weary, heaviness of unwelcoming muscles in responding to prompts from the brain was excellent, and a pretty clear description of what actually are the OK days with this illness ....

And I fully get your reluctance to shout from the rooftops just yet ...
The vicissitudes of ME make me want to be cautious. The fluctuations have always flummoxed my attempts to track triggers and helpers. I think I know what is working and then the next week, same things and totally different outcomes.
Yeah, one of the more frustrating aspects of trying to outsmart this miserly, mean-spirited little ever-vigilant abacus of an illness is the many times we thought we'd found The Thing, only to find that it was an entirely different Thing a week later. And not in a good way .....

I'm holding a good thought .... please post back when you have more input on how well the CellFood is working for you .... in the meantime, I'm totally chuffed for you, and keeping fingers crossed .... all of us totally live for stories of other member's improvements, which fan the embers of hope for our own ...

Onward and upward :rocket::rocket::rocket:
!!!

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Jyoti - I'm so glad you did report your experience with Cellfood, and I fully understand your hesitance in doing so! :thumbsup:
I have come out of the crash and while not 100%, the improvement is quite dramatic. In addition, I have found on three separate days that I actually have intrinsic energy. I do a great deal of what I actually manage to do, as I assume most of us do, fueled solely by will and intent.
And I'm so glad to hear this! I would bet my first born child (well, maybe my second ;)) that the Cellfood has helped me, even though I cannot provide a scientific explanation sufficient to satisfy everyone here. It's relatively cheap ($27 a month), available to anyone who wants it, easy to see if it would help, or not.

I've since gone on - I'm still using the Cellfood, but am now experimenting with an oxygen concentrator and that's going to take some time to work out. I'm not sure what I'm doing with it, but feel good that I'm doing whatever it is that I'm doing - I want to see what happens. I like to be doing whatever I can to try to regain my health, so this seemed the next logical step. And when I feel ready to report on that, I will.

Anyways, thanks so much for letting us know your experience with Cellfood - it's great to hear and I'm happy for you! (And I know it's early days) Keep us posted if you don't mind :)

Jyoti

@Mary--I am so glad Cellfood helped you, whatever the reason. And so glad you shared your experience since it inspired me to try it. We will look forward to hearing how the oxygen concentrator experiment goes!

sb4

I tried Cellfood at the recomended dosages (24/drops per day divided into 2 or 3 doses) around 2 weeks ago for 1 week. I didn't notice much at first, however a few days in I started getting headaches, insomnia and feeling crappy. I carried on taking it for 2 more days but still felt shitty. I stopped and continued to feel bad for 3 or so days after stopping but now am back to baseline.

Can't say it was definitely the cellfood, however since I didn't notice any benefits during this time I don't think I'll be trying it again.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@sb4 - you very well could have been detoxing. I really don't recommend that people start with the full dose because of detoxing. e.g., I think I started with 4 or 5 drops a day, total, for 2 days to see how I would react. By the end of the week, I was up to 8 drops 2 x a day, and eventually got up to the full dose. Anyways, I went slowly.

I first tried Cellfood maybe 10 years ago, I don't remember exactly how long ago, and it made me feel crappy so I stopped it. Only I wasn't familiar with detoxing then and didn't know how to handle it. I've learned that if something is making me detox but it's something that I think is good for me, then I need to go slowly with it.

Anyways, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it!

YippeeKi YOW !!

I tried Cellfood at the recomended dosages (24/drops per day divided into 2 or 3 doses) around 2 weeks ago for 1 week.
Even tho it may be the manufacturer's recommended dose, I think it's an awfully high one to start out on with an untested substance.

Keep in mind that their recommended dose doesnt take into account some of the physical effects that ME has on our systems, and how this might alter the action and side-effects of their product vs. on that of a 'normal' user ....

Wishful

Can't say it was definitely the cellfood, however since I didn't notice any benefits during this time I don't think I'll be trying it again.

Things that may have provided a benefit I usually test at least three separate times to verify that it's due to that specific thing. Things that I like (usually yummy foods) that I think are causing symptoms also get tested at least three times before putting them on my 'avoid' list. For things that seem to give worse symptoms and no apparent benefit (not even pleasant taste), once is usually enough. :yuck:

I generally ignore the 'it may be detox reaction' argument. Since most treatments have only a small chance of actually working for an individual, and a significant chance of causing worsened symptoms for reasons other than detox reactions, how long are you supposed to suffer the worsened symptoms before deciding that it's not just a temporary detox reaction? ME is bad enough without intentionally making it worse. :grumpy:

If you're really, really, absolutely convinced that a certain treatment has a significant chance of working despite the initial worsening of symptoms, well, it's your body, and yes, maybe it will eventually provide a benefit ... and maybe it won't.

Mary

Moderator Resource
how long are you supposed to suffer the worsened symptoms before deciding that it's not just a temporary detox reaction?
Muscle testing has helped me a lot with this. In 2014 I tried gelatin at night for sleep because of its high glycine content. It hit me like a truck with a severe detox reaction - very tired, spacey, etc. At that time I was detoxing a lot - I reacted to anything that could possibly have a "cleansing" action - e.g., cayenne, apple cider vinegar, chlorella, and lot of stuff that for most people is pretty benign. So my initial thought with the gelatin was, okay, that's bad for me. It made me feel horrible, I'd better stop it.

Then I did some reading about glycine and learned it was important for Phase II liver detoxification. So that explained my reaction. I was detoxing in response to something just about every week, not intentionally. So I had my chiropractor test me (via muscle testing) on glycine, and to my surprise, I reacted positively to it, but in a much smaller dose. So I started taking glycine (instead of gelatin) starting with a very small dose over the next 6 months. I started with a dose I could tolerate without too much discomfort. I gradually increased it over the 6 months and my detox reactions got less and less, and by the end of 6 months I no longer reacted to the glycine in a negative way.

It's a long story but the same thing happened at the same time with inositol and glutamine, though my reaction to them was much milder. But the end of 6 months, no more detox reaction.

But what really surprised me at the end of the 6 months was that I no longer reacted badly to cayenne, apple cider vinegar and everything else that used to make me feel sick. I believe the glycine especially plus the other two things got my detox pathways working properly. What used to be a huge continual problem for me was gone. And I still take glycine and inositol to help with sleep.

So I'm not advising @sb4 or anyone to do what I did or take something that makes them feel crappy. But I did want to point out that it's very possible this is what was happening. Detoxing is a known initial reaction to Cellfood.

Muscle testing has helped me with a lot of other things - e.g., one glass of wine used to make me sick for an entire day, and 2 glasses would leave me feeling sick for 3 days. This was in the early 2000's. Well, my chiropractor again was extremely helpful with muscle testing. He said my liver was overloaded with toxins from a job I'd had a few decades before (heavy exposure to chemical solvents) so it had trouble processing the wine. I did a liver detox under his supervision for a month - I felt like crap the entire month - and afterwards I was able to drink wine again like a normal person without getting sick. This was really nice for me. Also, my digestion was much improved. Before the detox, I had trouble eating in morning, I felt sick most of the time. And that horrible sick feeling disappeared after the detox.

Jyoti

Thanks for the reminder @Mary--muscle testing is a wonderful asset in terms of figuring out what my body wants and needs and I forget to use it.

I thought I would check in regarding my Cell Food experience after about six weeks. As I reported above, the initial response was fantastic. Really exciting.

But.... I have ME/CFS, so what did I really expect? :rolleyes:

I hoped for some solid improvement and, well, maybe I got it? (Don't you get SO weary of all the things that maybe could be kind of sort of a little help?) I think Cell Food has fallen into the category of something I will keep using for a while (I ordered my second bottle today) but my expectations are a more modest than they were when I first started taking it.

I worked up to the full dose pretty slowly, but once there (after about two weeks) I started having less energy, more pain, PEM more easily. So I stopped taking everything I was taking (all supplements) including Cell Food for about a week. Then I muscle tested for the Cell Food and starting taking it again in small doses and only on the days when I got a positive muscle test. I also test for the number of drops to take--it tends to be in the range of 10-11 taken over the course of the day.

What I can say in terms of results is sadly not dramatic, but I do feel like I am DEFINITELY getting a boost. My baseline is up by about 10%, I'd estimate. And I since I started back on smaller doses of Cell Food, I feel more resilient. Last night, for instance, I slept very little and got up shaky and stupid and brain on fire. After sipping at my Cell Food cocktail for about four hours I felt pretty good--equal to a couple of projects and a decent walk. I don't bounce back after a bad night--never happens. So this is notable.

And apropos of the above, I would add that I am sleeping very poorly since I started on Cell Food and I wonder if there is a connection. I may try taking even less and see if I can find the sweet spot.

Hope this adds to our collective knowledge just a tiny bit. I can say I am glad I am using it, but it isn't THE answer. :(

YippeeKi YOW !!

I can say I am glad I am using it, but it isn't THE answer. :(
I know what you mean. Nothing is ever THE answer, very demoralizing.

So I work on putting together a little army of the 5 or 10%'ers, and very slowly, little by little, it all adds up to a reasonably decent, rotating arsenal of Mother's Little Helpers ....

Thank you for your post, and for continuing to add to the info on CellFood, a not uncontroversial helper that could make a big difference for others down the ME road....

EDIT .... for clarity, a couple of words I forgot to add ....

Last edited: