• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
WOO - HOO!! I can't see Conejo on the Pacifc Page and it only shows 19 charities ranked!

High Fives all around - you guys rock! :victory::victory::victory:

They are officially gone. I got confirmation of it from Vivint. So can you now support National ME/FM Action Network?

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Daily Stats for July 19:

WPI 35403 + 1022 = 36425
Be Perfect 11216 + 207 = 11423
:DConejo 16608 - 16608 = 0 :D
Surfer Healing 7482 + 100 = 7582
Hailey mayz 5267 + 106 = 5373
Next Gen 3957 + 29 = 3986
Invisible 3919 + 46 = 3965
Jumpstart 3727 + 33 = 3760
King Bellflower 3650 + 58 = 3708
Sean Vernon 2669 + 67 = 2736
Patner Living 2069 + 26 = 2095
Shared Hope 2175 + 49 = 2224
Austin's House 2067 + 62 = 2129
Trevor 1043 + 2 = 1045
Dream 1022 + 14 = 1036
Courage 1339 + 32 = 1371
Ameriface 1182 + 32 = 1214
Prader Willi CA 512 + 5 = 517
Gets Better 3932 + 70 = 4002
Tinnitus 223 + 17 = 240

Light & Love 19709 + 520 = 20229
St John Hospital 8516 + 177 = 8693
ME/FM Action 4926 + 188 = 5114
Prader-Willi 4435 + 185 = 4620

Attachments

• vivint 07-19-11 861 hrs.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 15
Now that the matching period is announced, can you financially support the National ME/Fm Action Network? Can you help get them to $2500 so they get matched an receive $5000?

Cheaters never win

I think some of the winners in chase cheated. Vivint seems to be doing a better job keeping things respectable however.

Why

isn't the CAA asking it's members to vote in this contest for both the WPI and the Action Network? They have almost 6000 likes on facebook. That would be more than enough voters for both to crush the competition if they were split between the two.

Has anyone asked them to support the WPI and the Action network in this contest on facebook?

We need all the research money we can get. I'm surprised they are not mobilizng thir followers/supporters to vote in Vivint. I'm on facebook and I see everyone mentioning this contest all the time except them.

Dolphin

isn't the CAA asking it's members to vote in this contest for both the WPI and the Action Network? They have almost 6000 likes on facebook. That would be more than enough voters for both to crush the competition if they were split between the two.

Has anyone asked them to support the WPI and the Action network in this contest on facebook?

We need all the research money we can get. I'm surprised they are not mobilizng thir followers/supporters to vote in Vivint. I'm on facebook and I see everyone mentioning this contest all the time except them.
The CAA weren't even able to get enough votes for themselves to qualify in the first round; I can't remember the votes - I think they got around 1000 votes (I lost interest near the end). The WPI got a lot more votes than the CAA in CCG Rounds 1 & 2 - the WPI got around 9,000 individuals to vote for them in CCG Round 1; can't remember what the CAA got but they didn't get enough to win any money in Round 2. So I don't see a "large sack of (untaped) gold" amongst CAA voters (in comparison to what needs to be got).

It's very hard to see the WPI winning the $250,000 at this stage to be honest: based on a quick calculation in my head, they would need to be getting 1,600 more a day on average than the top group for the rest of the voting.

helen41

I think it is smart. As Dolphin (I think) said, $250.000 seems very unlikely. Invisible Children, the other threat in the Pacific, does not seem to be gathering votes. WPI has enough of a lead that we would have plenty of time of react if they did start. I want my vote to count, and it's going to ME/CFS

I think it is smart. As Dolphin (I think) said, $250.000 seems very unlikely. Invisible Children, the other threat in the Pacific, does not seem to be gathering votes. WPI has enough of a lead that we would have plenty of time of react if they did start. I want my vote to count, and it's going to ME/CFS

Thanks Helen.

Nielk

Sounds sensible to me.
Hope people are reading this so they know what's going on.

Aileen

Great work all you cheat nabbers. So nice to see the company did the right thing. It is disappointing to lose in a fair contest but to lose to a competitor who cheats is another matter altogether. Thank you to those who are switching your votes to National ME/FM Action Network. It is much appreciated.

Tuha

Hi National ME/FM Action Network representants

I just did a small mathematic. Light and Love Home- Vancouver gets around 500 votes a day. So it means National ME/FM Action Network needs to get around 900 votes a day to win. You said already some weeks ago that you are working on getting more votes. Your votes increased a bit but you never got more than 200 votes. And I think this increase came mostly from the people who switched from WPI. I dont think that its realistic to get 700 votes from WPI voters so we really need to get new people to vote. So if you write that you are working on getting more people can you please explain us from where? Sorry, but I didnt see any progress till now.
I can also switch my votes when there will be more voters for National ME/FM even I think WPI position is still not safe. There are still these Invisible children......but yes, if they will wake up nothing will help us - we are not able to get many new voters

Nina

WPI is my only hope of ever getting help and medical treatment that works for us. They are the only institute in the world that will have a clinic and research facility combined. That is the fastest way to get us answers. The government is not going to fund them, we need this money!

As much as I would like to support National ME/FM Action Network, I am not going to split my vote. If Invisible Children or others decide to really get into this, they could totally crush WPI within a matter of days. We, on the contrary, won't have the opportunity to get thousands of votes a day. We cannot make up for lost votes and lost days.

jace

Off the fence
I agree with Nina. All this counting chickens before they are hatched still worries me. The key lies in going out there and persuading more people to vote every day, not poaching votes from other charities. NME/FMN need to more than quadruple their votes to win their region. The WPI need 2 1/2 times their votes to win overall. Which is the easier to achieve?

The matching period starts at midnight tonight: from Thursday July 21st at 12:00am (midnight between the 20th and the 21st) MDT, for 48 hours until Friday July 22nd at 11:59 pm MDT. All funds donated to any of the top 100 charities through the Vivint Gives Back project will be doubled by Vivint! Double the amount of good you can do! Spread the word! What charity will you be donating to on Thursday morning?

Donate by visiting vivint.com/givesbackproject - the donation button is on the individual charity voting pages, and there will be a running total there too. Vivint are not taking any administration fees.

Back