• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

eric_s

I could see that they have now added "$ x total donated to this charity" on the charity pages at Vivint Gives Back Project. Or was this there before? Maybe this is an indication that the matching period has started or is about to start?

Helen allowed me to use her excellent video and the support form she filled out at RadiumOne Social/gWallet that eventually was resolved with them awarding her the credits the offer promised. I also set up a publicly viewable (but write-protected) Google Spreadsheet with the daily vote totals graph of WPI and Conejo that SpecialK82 sent me the data for, and I plan to update it day by day. All of that in one handy entry! Now what would you pay? :D

Francelle

"After reviewing our records and the advertiser's records, we have decided to credit your account. The currency will appear in the account within 24 hours"

That is such a strange thing to say: "....we have decided to credit your account". Does this infer that unless you had persisted in asking it was not an automatic given to pay up as 'payment' for your vote? Seems very reluctant. Dishonesty again it seems to me!

Also wondering .....and this is just a thought......is it better to make no reference when we are dealing with Vivint, that we are supporting WPI, as that could just look like 'sour grapes' in regards to our complaints about Conejo? So for example if we are submitting graphs or blogs or anything else to Vivint keep references to other organisations other than Conejo out of it?

I think it's fine to leave WPI out of it, but I don't think it's the end of the world if it's known you're supporting them. Andrea Whittemore was worried about that during Chase, but WPI wasn't penalized by Chase - and I don't remember there being a post-voting round to VGB as there was for Chase, so I think there's even less to worry about here.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Stats for July 18 - WPI finally tops Conejo :D

WPI 34383 + 1020 = 35403
Be Perfect 11017 + 199 = 11216
Conejo 15641 + 967 = 16608
Surfer Healing 7375 + 107 = 7482
Hailey mayz 5179 + 88 = 5267
Next Gen 3918 + 39 = 3957
Invisible 3827 + 92 = 3919
Jumpstart 3693 + 34 = 3727
King Bellflower 3581 + 69 = 3650
Sean Vernon 2609 + 60 = 2669
Patner Living 2043 + 26 = 2069
Shared Hope 2125 + 50 = 2175
Austin's House 2007 + 60 = 2067
Trevor 1038 + 5 = 1043
Dream 1007 + 15 = 1022
Courage 1312 + 27 = 1339
Ameriface 1149 + 33 = 1182
Prader Willi CA 507 + 5 = 512
Gets Better 3839 + 93 = 3932
Tinnitus 213 + 10 = 223

Light & Love 19220 + 489 = 19709
St John Hospital 8338 + 178 = 8516
ME/FM Action 4769 + 157 = 4926
Prader-Willi 4251 + 184 = 4435

Attachments

• vivint 07-18-11 836 hrs.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 13

jace

Off the fence
Vivint have announced the Matching Donations period
The matching donation period is only 48 hours, from Thursday July 21st at 12:00am (Midnight between the 20th and the 21st) Mountain Daylight Time (MDT), and will end on Friday July 22nd at 11:59 pm MDT. All funds donated to any of the top 100 charities through the Vivint Gives Back project will be doubled by Vivint. They will not be deducting any fees from donations, and will double up to an individual limit of $50 and an overall limit per charity of $2,500. I believe there will be a donate button on the voting page for each charity.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Other Benefits of Vivint

Thinking about other benefits that the Vivint Contest brings to us.

The current leader for $250,000 is Foundation for Angelman Syndrome with over 90,000 votes to date

"Research has established that Angelman Syndrome is caused by the loss of function of a single gene. Scientists have already succeeded in reversing the effects of Angelman Syndrome in a mouse. This suggests that a cure for Angelman Syndrome is not only possible, but imminent. Curing Angelman Syndrome would open a gateway for curing other neurological disorders including autism and Alzheimer's disease."

If the $250,000 will not go to an ME/CFS org, I am glad that it could be used for another deserving and devasting neurological illness..... maybe this research will help us down the line too...

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
The matching donation period is only 48 hours, from Thursday July 21st at 12:00am (Midnight between the 20th and the 21st) Mountain Daylight Time (MDT), and will end on Friday July 22nd at 11:59 pm MDT. All funds donated to any of the top 100 charities through the Vivint Gives Back project will be doubled by Vivint. They will not be deducting any fees from donations, and will double up to an individual limit of $50 and an overall limit per charity of $2,500. I believe there will be a donate button on the voting page for each charity.

Thanks Jace :thumbsup:

helen41

I asked on the wall. The $50 donation limit is per individual, not per household, so if you live with other adults, they can donate too

Supporting National ME/FM Action Network

Now that the matching period is announced, can you financially support the National ME/Fm Action Network? Can you help get them to $2500 so they get matched an receive $5000?

Assuming VIVINT has enough evidence to disqualify Conjeco, if they were gone from the competition tomorrow, could you now give votes to the National ME/FM Action Network? Cheaters never win so I expect they will be disqualified soon. Can the National group benefit from this?

Thanks in advance for your support.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Yes

Now that the matching period is announced, can you financially support the National ME/Fm Action Network? Can you help get them to $2500 so they get matched an receive $5000?

Assuming VIVINT has enough evidence to disqualify Conjeco, if they were gone from the competition tomorrow, could you now give votes to the National ME/FM Action Network? Cheaters never win so I expect they will be disqualified soon. Can the National group benefit from this?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Thank - you, yes I will donate to the ME/FM National as soon as I see the post - I donated to the WPI last time so will make it the ME/FM National this time. I would like to see them both win $100,000

Thank - you, yes I will donate to the ME/FM National as soon as I see the post - I donated to the WPI last time so will make it the ME/FM National this time. I would like to see them both win $100,000

Thanks Glen

I agree we can both win $100,000. That should be our goal as well as getting all 4 charities to get $2500 in donations so they all get a minimum $5000 from the contest.

eric_s

There's a thread for the matching period here.

The problem with the votes is that at this moment the National ME/FM Action Network is 15'000 votes behind the leader. And the leader gets around 500 votes per day. So even if we gave the National ME/FM Action Network all of the around 1200 daily votes we have now, it would take a bit more than 3 weeks to catch up. And there are only 5 weeks left. Also i don't think it would be possible to switch 100% of the votes over, so it looks as if it's very difficult to get the Action Network to number one with the current numbers.

I will donate 50$, but i fear that without a lot of additional voters the 100'000$ will be almost impossible to get, this time around.

There's a thread for the matching period here.

The problem with the votes is that at this moment the National ME/FM Action Network is 15'000 votes behind the leader. And the leader gets around 500 votes per day. So even if we gave the National ME/FM Action Network all of the around 1200 daily votes we have now, it would take a bit more than 3 weeks to catch up. And there are only 5 weeks left. Also i don't think it would be possible to switch 100% of the votes over, so it looks as if it's very difficult to get the Action Network to number one with the current numbers.

I will donate 50$, but i fear that without a lot of additional voters the 100'000$ will be almost impossible to get, this time around.

Thanks for your support. Don't count us out until the contest is over! We have a very determined and dedicated group of people working to get us the votes. If a few of the contacts we're working on click then we'll get the votes. It's important that we don't keep slipping as it makes it harder to make up the difference. If people can support us now it will make it easier to close the gap and win the $100,000. Both charities can win if we set that to be the goal. It would be very sad if we don't win the Canada region and WPI wins the Pacific region by a margin of votes that if they had gone to Canada we'd have both winning their regions.

eric_s

That's good and i will support you as long as i feel it won't put the WPI's position in danger. If we have enough voters, i would definitely do anything i can to get the National ME/FM Action Network to win also. I will also try to get more voters.