• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Gingergrrl

@snowathlete thank you and my interest in Align (b Infantis) is specifically that it is supposed to lower histamine. Do you think that part is true even if it is not ideal for other reasons?

snowathlete

@snowathlete thank you and my interest in Align (b Infantis) is specifically that it is supposed to lower histamine. Do you think that part is true even if it is not ideal for other reasons?
Perhaps but probably there is a better option with another Bifido species, which will lower histamine. I'll look into it tomorrow and message you what I find out.

aimossy

I am not sure if this is really relevant but this thread has reminded me of Dr Maureen Hansen's research poster that I think was shown at the San Francisco conference. It was done on some bacterial populations and made me think about Butyrate. I think she will be speaking at one of the upcoming conferences. I haven't seen this published anywhere.

upload_2014-4-14_9-36-21.png

upload_2014-4-14_9-36-51.png

upload_2014-4-14_9-37-25.png

upload_2014-4-14_9-38-20.png

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
I ordered Miyarisan from US Amazon yesterday. I've just noticed that the description reads:
Laxatives containing the butyric acid bacteria (Miyairi bacteria) to keep the normal balance of intestinal. The 180mg containing butyric acid bacteria (Miyairi bacteria) in 18 tablets. Quasi-drugs.
Have I ordered the wrong product and got something I didn't bargain for? Or does CB just have a laxative effect without technically being a laxative? Can anyone read Japanese?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Have I ordered the wrong product and got something I didn't bargain for? Or does CB just have a laxative effect without technically being a laxative?
That's the product. I read that too but I think it's just one of those odd Japanese translation things. I don't know about anybody else but haven't noticed any substantive laxative effect. It does seem to loosen the stools ever so slightly but in a good way, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I saw yesterday (?) that it's got lactose and other stuff in it, too - not sure if that's an issue for anyone.

Do we have an ingredients list?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I saw yesterday (?) that it's got lactose and other stuff in it, too - not sure if that's an issue for anyone.
Yeah, quite frankly some of the ingredients may not be appealing to some but, other than AOR ProBIOTIC 3, there doesn't seem to be many other options for now. I'm assuming that ingredients such as Corn Starch and Microcrystalline Cellulose are meant to be prebiotics. Either way, I'm just going on faith that the good outweighs the bad in this instance.
Do we have an ingredients list?
From Amazon...
Ingredients. Active: Clostridium butyric. Additives: Lactose Hydrate, Corn Starch, Talc Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Sucrose.

Last edited:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
the one I've ordered is tagged 'anti-flatulent' so maybe they're claiming all sorts of stuff for it!
Again, I think it's just a poor translation. If anything, like using PS, I've found it to increase flatulence a bit. I take this as a good sign that the gut might be working better. I also assume that it's just transitory. There could also be any number of individual variables to take into account. Perhaps someone that's been using it for longer than me can confirm what to expect.

Last edited:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If I was going to try a probiotic (right now not taking any and have tried many kinds in the last two years) would it be better for me to try Bifido Infantis (Align) which is supposed to help MCAS reactions or to try Clostridium Butyricum which is sounding like a miracle drug from this thread.
From anecdotal evidence that I've read on the forum, I think that B. Infantis seems like a very good choice for those with ME/CFS. I've tried it before but I didn't take it for very long so I didn't really notice much benefit. It's next on the list to try again, after I get a better handle on the effects of CB. I believe gut flora diversity is probably very beneficial so I'd like to find some more options other than just CB.

I've also been on the The Perfect Health Diet for the last few months and have been experimenting, off and on, with RS. I think that this sort of dietary approach helps create a potentially beneficial environment for gut flora and could very well be a critical factor. Hopefully the dietary changes that I've made will help the B. Infantis to be more effective, if I do decide to try it again.

Last edited:

Wayne

If you have seasonal allergies it is a good sign you need this probiotic. My allergies have improved hugely.

Hi @adreno, I've only read your initial post, but look forward to finding the energy to peruse this thread further at some point. Thought I'd mention that I've read several accounts of people's allergies significantly improving after doing liver/gall bladder cleanses. At first glance, would probably fit in with your finding a probiotic that works particularly well for you, which would likely improve liver and gall bladder function.

Gondwanaland

I am almost hyperventilating, racing heart :jaw-drop::love:
Should I take it immediately? or on empty stomach? I just had some nuts, berries, dark chocolate.

adreno

PR activist
I am almost hyperventilating, racing heart :jaw-drop::love:
Should I take it immediately? or on empty stomach? I just had some nuts, berries, dark chocolate.
I take mine in the morning with prebiotics, some protein and a banana. Probably fine to take whenever, I would just give it some starch to ferment at the same time.