• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-12 - The Hidden Story

keenly

Hi Freddd,
I am glad to know you are so well informed. Most people I know have never heard of Codex. As you know, more and more poorly done studies are being planted in the press that purport to show that vitamins and supplements either do not work or are actually harmful. This is no accident. It is preparation for getting the sheeple to accept Codex.
Believe me, I also hope VERY much that you are right. I was much encouraged by the recent mass protest over the "health" bill, but I also noticed how the corporate controlled mainstream media played it down and lied about the numbers of protestors.
I watched in slack-jawed amazement while the same controlling elite that came up with Codex, and most of the rest of the hell that exists on this planet now, calmly finished off their long planned economic collapse by stealing the wealth of what used to be the middle class in this country in broad daylight, while we did not even react. So, I think it could go either way here.
We personally lost enough that retirement will never happen now and our home has been devalued by 45% already. You can bet that I reacted, and I'm a sick old fogie. If I were young and healthy, I'd be organizing the fight just like I did back in the 60's in college. The softness and the level of unconcerned self-deception in our population are truly scary.
Sorry for taking this thread off-topic. I'll get off my soapbox now. Like I said, I have never wanted to be wrong so badly in my life.

klutzo

Codex terrifies me and as i understand you would need a prescription for supplements; that puts all the health stores and brands essentially OUT OF BUSINESS. They will fight this. MILLIONS of jobs will be lost. Here in th euk we have an online petition with nearly 20,000 signatures for the prime minster to overturn the law; he would not do that though.
This thing is abou total control of the population which will end up at 2% of what we have now if they have their way! I mean that LITERALLY. They do not needs us.
I get depressed thinking about it as i need nutrients for my struggling health. At the same time NO LEVEL OF TOXICITY has ever been measured for many vitamins, amino acids etc; how can they convince people they should be off the shelves?
what about athletes who use supplements and have done for years? The clubs for teams(football etc) have nutritionists and doctors.

There will be resistance but it will go through by 2012 EVERYWHERE.

klutzo

Agenda 21 and availability of supplements

Hi Keenly,
I really am sorry I hijacked this thread now, as the Depopulation agenda is such a depressing subject, but I am glad to find someone here who knows about it. Remember, if they succeed, there will be no need for supplements. Their own Georgia Stones, as well as the Agenda 21 document both state that they plan to reduce world population to 500 million. These are to be healthy, young, passive, and totally controlled to be used as their slaves. Nobody who needs supps. or gets sick will be kept alive. The rest of us are "useless eaters" and will be culled, one way or another. It sounds like you are well versed on their problem-reaction-solution methods and don't need me to outline the various ways they are culling us already, or some of the horrific things they've proposed to speed up the process.
One thing I don't think some people understand is that when it comes to the NWO Agenda, they ignore the will of the people and just continue on with the Agenda, or if there is a lot of opposition, they create a crisis that will cause people to beg for what they wanted all along. That is why petitions don't work, why not only are troops still over there but have been increased, why the border is still open, why the bailouts were passed and on and on. The last elected official here who dared to give a speech in public exposing their whole plan, had his head blown off as an object lesson to the future puppets we are allowed to vote for (JFK).
I believe nothing less than a massive awakening of mankind to our true spiritual nature and a noncompliance with their rules that results in us taking back our power from them will suffice.
I think if we want to discuss this subject further, it needs it's own thread in another section. Though the NWO are certainly the most toxic people on the planet, that is not the type of toxin this part of the forum is about.

Stay in a place of love; they feed on our fear,

klutzo

winston

B12

Hi Fredd, I am feeling better. After taking the Solgar metafolin the fatigue got worse and my calves ached for about 3 days and than it began to ease up. I did increase my vit D to 3000 iu and added zinc to my supplements. I am pretty encouraged with this protocal and am grateful for all your help. I will continue with the same dosages for awhile & than check back to see what I need to add. Thanks again.

Lena

Sunday

Thyroid

Hi Brenda,

I'm new to this and absorbing a lot of info on B12, which I intend to try. One of the first things I looked into when I got symptomy was adrenal/thyroid deficiency.

About the thyroid situation: have you heard of Standard Process supplements? I found about them through Dr. David Williams (you can check out his website). He researches alternative medicines around the world.

Standard Process uses organically raised animals to form supplements for the endocrine glands, supplements that contain NO HORMONES. They do contain the rest of the complex of the glands in question; the idea is that they act like "vitamins" for the gland, without replacing its function as supplements/meds with hormones do.

Williams recommends taking the tablets for the adrenal glands along with the ones for thyroid, since his opinion is that any thyroid deficiency indicates an underlying adrenal deficiency. Chinese medicine agrees with this theory, so I think it's likely to be a good one. (Interestingly, Williams is convinced that adrenal and thyroid deficiencies are the precursors to depression; in really advanced cases, he recommends adding pituitary supplements as well.)

Don't know if these will work for you, but you might investigate. They have been around since the 1930s, so obviously they've worked well for many over time.

There are also iodine supplements for hypothyroid which might be helpful for you.

winston

B12

Hi Fredd, I was reading through some of your original posts and going over the start up procedure. Should I be taking more than one 5 mg of the Jarrow methyl b12? You mentioned some should take up to 5 tablets a day. I am taking only one. I don't know if size matters but I am petite, 5'2" and weigh 124lbs. How do you determine what amount should be taken?

Lena

Freddd

Hi Freddd,
I am glad to know you are so well informed. Most people I know have never heard of Codex. As you know, more and more poorly done studies are being planted in the press that purport to show that vitamins and supplements either do not work or are actually harmful. This is no accident. It is preparation for getting the sheeple to accept Codex.
Believe me, I also hope VERY much that you are right. I was much encouraged by the recent mass protest over the "health" bill, but I also noticed how the corporate controlled mainstream media played it down and lied about the numbers of protestors.
I watched in slack-jawed amazement while the same controlling elite that came up with Codex, and most of the rest of the hell that exists on this planet now, calmly finished off their long planned economic collapse by stealing the wealth of what used to be the middle class in this country in broad daylight, while we did not even react. So, I think it could go either way here.
We personally lost enough that retirement will never happen now and our home has been devalued by 45% already. You can bet that I reacted, and I'm a sick old fogie. If I were young and healthy, I'd be organizing the fight just like I did back in the 60's in college. The softness and the level of unconcerned self-deception in our population are truly scary.
Sorry for taking this thread off-topic. I'll get off my soapbox now. Like I said, I have never wanted to be wrong so badly in my life.

klutzo

Hi Klutzo,

I too was a 60's activist. Consider that right now a pharmaceutrical company is going through the process of trying to convince congress to lock up P-5-P for it's very own high priced prescription drug so it doesn't have to compete with vitamin manufacturers and that others with every concevable use of methylb12 tied up in patents are waiting in the wings to do the same with it if sucessful. Would they be going though all this if it was all about to be handed to them free of charge on a wholesale basis via codex? It takes money to buy all those congressmen and senators. I could be wrong. I would have expected different manuvering to be going on if codex were actually coming. I would expect Orrin Hatch to be shouting bloody murder about the takeover of this country and doing everythig possible to protect the vitamin and supplement industry. It's one thing I do agree with him on. He hasn't said a word. I think that I should give my Senator a call and find out what is up.

Freddd

Hi Fredd, I was reading through some of your original posts and going over the start up procedure. Should I be taking more than one 5 mg of the Jarrow methyl b12? You mentioned some should take up to 5 tablets a day. I am taking only one. I don't know if size matters but I am petite, 5'2" and weigh 124lbs. How do you determine what amount should be taken?

Lena

Hi Lena,

The nature of b12 is such that size makes very little difference. It has a very short halflife in everybody and blood volume is very similar despite size. A larger dose taken all at once can cause it to penetrate further into the nooks and crannies in the short peak time. On the other hand with some people a longer drawn out peak caused by taking 5mg each couple of hours could be more effective for some people by keeping it in a higher healing zone longer. Only experimenting will tell you which, if either helps you more. It is not all cut and dry. Each person needs to try a single 50mg dose of each adb12 and mb12 to see if they have a CNS response to that. If they do, then that could be a key to some types of healing for them. If they don't then smaller doses are equally effective once it gets to a certain point. Good luck and good healing.

Freddd

Hi Keenly,
I really am sorry I hijacked this thread now, as the Depopulation agenda is such a depressing subject, but I am glad to find someone here who knows about it. Remember, if they succeed, there will be no need for supplements. Their own Georgia Stones, as well as the Agenda 21 document both state that they plan to reduce world population to 500 million. These are to be healthy, young, passive, and totally controlled to be used as their slaves. Nobody who needs supps. or gets sick will be kept alive. The rest of us are "useless eaters" and will be culled, one way or another. It sounds like you are well versed on their problem-reaction-solution methods and don't need me to outline the various ways they are culling us already, or some of the horrific things they've proposed to speed up the process.
One thing I don't think some people understand is that when it comes to the NWO Agenda, they ignore the will of the people and just continue on with the Agenda, or if there is a lot of opposition, they create a crisis that will cause people to beg for what they wanted all along. That is why petitions don't work, why not only are troops still over there but have been increased, why the border is still open, why the bailouts were passed and on and on. The last elected official here who dared to give a speech in public exposing their whole plan, had his head blown off as an object lesson to the future puppets we are allowed to vote for (JFK).
I believe nothing less than a massive awakening of mankind to our true spiritual nature and a noncompliance with their rules that results in us taking back our power from them will suffice.
I think if we want to discuss this subject further, it needs it's own thread in another section. Though the NWO are certainly the most toxic people on the planet, that is not the type of toxin this part of the forum is about.

Stay in a place of love; they feed on our fear,

klutzo

Hi Klutzo,

Some serious errors are bing made that could lead to uncontrollable mass extinctions. Anybody trying to bring such on is making a serious mistake. The human race needs the best of luck. BE IN LOVE.
Freddd

klutzo

Utah and Fat Lips

Hi Freddd,
I am aware of the P5P situation and it could set a dangerous precedent for sure. You are certainly in the best location to find out what is going on with Codex, since so many supplement companies are in Utah and Sen. Orin Hatch is one of only two senators who are big champions of them. The other one is from Iowa and his name slips my mind.....good old Lyme brain strikes again. Sen. Tom Harkin? Something like that. The company I use the most used to be right near me in Florida, but moved to Utah a couple years ago, due to the more favorable business climate for them. Please do let us know if Sen Hatch's office tells you anything new.

Re: Trying a 50 mg. dose of each of the B12s. At what point should this be tried? How on earth do you fit that many in your mouth at once? I have Jarrow 5 mg. MB12, for example, so I'd need ten whole lozenges in there at one time. I may be a big mouth, but only in the figurative sense so I need some logistics advice on this one. :D

klutzo

Sunday

Freddd, I want to add my thanks to the pile. I've spent the last two days reading this thread (takes awhile with brain fog), and you've really given me some cause to hope - tentatively! I ordered the basics you suggested although I'm going to hold off on the mb12 until I see what the tiny amounts in B-Right and adb12 do to/for me; I've been slammed to the ground lately and need to get back to making a living sometime...

I'm already taking a Chinese herb blend from my acupuncturist, and also ordered a medicinal mushroom mix I've tried before (not really sure what they contributed, but studies show these mushrooms are antiinflammatory and good for a number of other things which seem like a good idea). Thanks to your detailed info, I have gotten rid of my glutathione-precursor supplements. I really appreciate the time and energy you've put into presenting this info.

Something that you (and others) might find helpful is the Atlas Profilax an earlier commenter mentioned. I had a strong intuition it might be helpful when I heard of it, so I gave it a try. When I walked out of there, it felt as if I were walking funny, but I wasn't: it's just that my legs were the same length for the first time in years. This spine adjustment has also helped my neck and shoulder pain considerably. It's not an insta-cure, but having your spine aligned does make the bodywork you have done more lasting and more effective. And since CFS etc. clearly involves the nervous system (which I'm guessing may have been what led you to the B12), it does make sense that releasing any constriction to the spinal cord might be helpful.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
GABA in combo with B12??

Hi Freddd--

I'm not sure if you can answer this question, but here it is.

I took some GABA Saturday night (to help sleep) and have had weird symptoms since. I woke up gasping for air, felt short of breath all day yesterday with pressure in my upper chest and a wired fast pulse. 24
hours later I am still having this.

Could the B12 I'm taking in, with GABA on top, be a real bad combo?

keenly

Hi Freddd--

I'm not sure if you can answer this question, but here it is.

I took some GABA Saturday night (to help sleep) and have had weird symptoms since. I woke up gasping for air, felt short of breath all day yesterday with pressure in my upper chest and a wired fast pulse. 24
hours later I am still having this.

Could the B12 I'm taking in, with GABA on top, be a real bad combo?

I've ordered some GABA. It is supposed to be very relaxing.

klutzo

Gaba

GABA is very poorly absorbed through the blood brain barrier, but you may get a mild relaxation effect, and I've seen it stop perimenopausal migraines from occuring, but can't explain why.

Xanax acts on the same receptors as GABA, and I take Xanax around the clock, because I cannot walk on my own without it, due to muscle spasms so bad they throw me over.

Xanax is much stronger than GABA and I do not have the symptoms you have any worse than usual (see below), so I doubt that is the problem. If anything , the GABA should help.

However, we are all different, so stopping it for a couple more days to see if the symptoms go away, and if they do, then restarting it to see if they come back would make sense.

I do have the symptoms you describe often, but that is because I have obstructive sleep apnea and panic disorder due to Lyme Disease. Even with my CPAP machine, I wake up with those symptoms often.

Hope you figure it out,

klutzo

Sunday

question for Freddd about acupuncture

Hello Freddd, on another thread I was reading that acupuncture helps the body produce glutathione; some people attribute its good effects to that. Does that mean that I can't have acupuncture while doing the B12 protocol you recommend? I'd be sad to give it up, it's one of the few things that seems to help (in a weird, unpredictable way).

I

imgeha

methyl B12 and thyroid

Fredd

I have some questions I hope you can help me with. I am trying the active B12 protocol, very gently. I have been sick with mercury-induced CFS for five years, and have every reason to believe that I am very depleted in B12. I have burning mouth, neuropathy, beef-red tongue, brain fog, extreme fatigue. I take thyroid and adrenals meds which enable me to function and bring up my 3 kids.

I have been taking adenosyl B12 for a week, and this gave me a heavy heartbeat before settling down. On Friday I started taking the Jarrow 1mg methyl B12 lozenges (one a day), and felt better for two days. On Sunday I started getting palpitations and mercury symptoms, so I backed off the sublingual B12 on Monday. I took 1/4 this morning, and the palpitations started up straight away again. Clearly I am hitting the start-up phase you talk about, so I am going to go very slowly. I noticed they got worse after I took my thyroid meds, so I was wondering whether taking the Methyl B12 would have any impact on the level of thyroid medication I need? (I am sure I have read something about this in your posts, but I can't be sure). I am taking all the supporting supplements.

thanks for any input.

winston

B12

Hi Sunday, I read your post about the Atlas Profilax, I had the procedure 3 years ago and it made a tremendous difference for me. Most of my pain is gone only replaced by some aches. I actually had a 2 year partial remission from CFS but I knew the Atlas Profilax was not the total answer. I remember seeing a chiropractor and he said all his fibro patients had their C1 vertebrae out of alignment and that fibro's tight muscles pulled the vertebraes out of alignment. Xrays on my spine revealed I had developed scoliosis due to "something", never had scoliosis before.

Also about the thyroid issue, the CFS/FMS changed my thyroid functioning. I had been on full replacement thyroid medication for several years with no problem (Synthyroid) until I developed this mysterious illness. It took seven different doctors to solve the problem I needed combination T4 - T3 treatment. My T4 was no longer converting to T3 and Cytomel was added along with my Synthroid. Thyroid problem solved, have been on this combination for 5 years with no problems.

I have been on Fredd's B12 protocol for one month and am pretty excited, I am seeing results. When I first got sick in 2001 it almost had similiar symptoms to thyroid deficiency, I always felt my body was lacking something though all the doctors thought differently.

Good luck with the B12s.

Lena

Sunday

Hi Lena,

I read this whole thread before ordering my active B12, so it is encouraging to hear from you as I know you had a rocky start on the process. Also interesting to hear about your Atlas Profilax and thyroid experiences, I'm still working out where the thyroid thing fits in here and you gave me more pieces to the puzzle. I'm planning to start the B12 very carefully, slow titration.

Freddd

Hi Sunday, I read your post about the Atlas Profilax, I had the procedure 3 years ago and it made a tremendous difference for me. Most of my pain is gone only replaced by some aches. I actually had a 2 year partial remission from CFS but I knew the Atlas Profilax was not the total answer. I remember seeing a chiropractor and he said all his fibro patients had their C1 vertebrae out of alignment and that fibro's tight muscles pulled the vertebraes out of alignment. Xrays on my spine revealed I had developed scoliosis due to "something", never had scoliosis before.

Also about the thyroid issue, the CFS/FMS changed my thyroid functioning. I had been on full replacement thyroid medication for several years with no problem (Synthyroid) until I developed this mysterious illness. It took seven different doctors to solve the problem I needed combination T4 - T3 treatment. My T4 was no longer converting to T3 and Cytomel was added along with my Synthroid. Thyroid problem solved, have been on this combination for 5 years with no problems.

I have been on Fredd's B12 protocol for one month and am pretty excited, I am seeing results. When I first got sick in 2001 it almost had similiar symptoms to thyroid deficiency, I always felt my body was lacking something though all the doctors thought differently.

Good luck with the B12s.

Lena

Hi Lena,

I remember seeing a chiropractor and he said all his fibro patients had their C1 vertebrae out of alignment and that fibro's tight muscles pulled the vertebraes out of alignment.

I went to a Chiropractor for years. My muscles were horribly tight. I had the neck pulled into reverse curvature by the tight mucles as one sees in ME, and I had terrible headaches. My spine could not hold aligment and was continuously being pulled out of alignment. I had some damage too from the crash. I haven't been to the Chiropractor in a good 5 years as I no longer have any need. I no longer go painfully out of alignment in 3 days. He was the one practitioner of any variety that could give me even a few days relief.

I'm glad to hear of good results. Hang in there.

Freddd

Fredd

I have some questions I hope you can help me with. I am trying the active B12 protocol, very gently. I have been sick with mercury-induced CFS for five years, and have every reason to believe that I am very depleted in B12. I have burning mouth, neuropathy, beef-red tongue, brain fog, extreme fatigue. I take thyroid and adrenals meds which enable me to function and bring up my 3 kids.

I have been taking adenosyl B12 for a week, and this gave me a heavy heartbeat before settling down. On Friday I started taking the Jarrow 1mg methyl B12 lozenges (one a day), and felt better for two days. On Sunday I started getting palpitations and mercury symptoms, so I backed off the sublingual B12 on Monday. I took 1/4 this morning, and the palpitations started up straight away again. Clearly I am hitting the start-up phase you talk about, so I am going to go very slowly. I noticed they got worse after I took my thyroid meds, so I was wondering whether taking the Methyl B12 would have any impact on the level of thyroid medication I need? (I am sure I have read something about this in your posts, but I can't be sure). I am taking all the supporting supplements.

thanks for any input.

Hi Imgeha,

For me the key factor on palpitations was b-complex twice a day. I stop the twice a day b-complex and the palpitations are back within a couple of days. I start it up again and they are gone within a couple of days. They are completely predictable.

I have burning mouth, neuropathy, beef-red tongue, brain fog, extreme fatigue

The burning beef red tongue came and went along with the burning bladder and burning muscles, which took about 10 days to clear and the burning stomach took much longer to clear up.

The brain fog took much longer and cleared in half a dozen specific steps; mb12, adb12, l-carnitine fumarate, Zinc, SA mg mb12 sublingual and 50mg sublingual adb12.

JanisB

Brands of B-12

Freddd, you wrote (quoted by Cort)
Of 10 brands of methylb12 systematically tested, 2 rated 5 stars with 5 hypersensitive testers. They were Enzymatic Therapy 1mg, and Jarrow Formulas 1 mg and 5mg. In addition Country Life Dibencozide
(adenosylb12) also rated 5 stars. One brand of 5mg methylb12 rated ZERO stars, completely ineffective in all testers. The other 7 brands rated 1-3 stars.

Have you listed the 8 brands that tested poorly? It is hard to find that info in this very long thread and I am about to order more.
JanisB