Active B12 Protocol Basics

anncavan

@pamojja what a journey! Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through ALL of that, but so happy to hear you've made such strides. Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with me. It makes total sense that other underlying conditions being addressed will help the liver. During this process, while checking my iron, I have also been diagnosed with Anemia of Chronic Disease. This is when your iron levels check normal, but your hemoglobin is low and your TIBC is low. Basically iron is there in the blood but not being absorbed or used properly, and therefore is available to "feed" the infection. The only treatment I've found is "treat the chronic infection." Ha! If it was that easy, I wouldn't be here in the first place ;)

Thanks again! I'll make sure to post here once I've found some productive next steps from a provider. I have an appointment early April that I think could provide some direction.

Take care!

When Freddd refers to avoiding glutathione precursors, does he also mean glutamate, cysteine and glycine? how is it possible if we consume protein? Furthermore, whenever I consume fruit such as two oranges I begin to experience strong ocular discomfort with negative neurological symptoms to follow. Could this be a sign of a folate cycle trap? @Freddd

Last edited:

Busson

With nothing to loose, did an life-style and all-out orthomolecular medicine attack - and just let my many out of order lab-markers be monitored by my GP. Whole story retold here: https://www.longecity.org/forum/stacks/stack/111-pad-and-additional-remissions/
@pamojja That's a very impressive list of supplements in your link. Now I know why you're so expert on buying supplements, as discussed in another thread here recently.

I too used to take that number of supplements when I was looking to improve an inherited metabolic disease, such as MELAS, a fatty acid oxidation disorder or organic acidemia. Eventually I found the number of supplements I was taking supplements were overloading me and actually provoking the very symptoms of the illness I was trying to treat! This would happen perversely when I took several a the same time in a bid to feel better for some upcoming event.

It was a benefit-burden balancing act to know if something would work for the better at any given moment. There's a sense of being well enough to take more supplements, if you know what I mean.

Currently I've reverted to taking as few as possible as a sort of washout although I haven't put the bottles away in case I change my mind during a desperate moment!

pamojja

Admitedly I'm a really unique case. I can add more and more (only my bankaccount withdrawal-limit is the limit), and only get better and better. For my financial health and other reasons I wished my supplement-needs would deminish too one day. That's my plan anyway.