Absorbed through various membranes (nose, mouth, skin, GIT). Moulds exist all over the place, so we're constantly in contact with them. Something in ME could be allowing more transport through membranes or reduced elimination of them before reaching the kidneys.
But yeah a doctor who looked at my nose and throat the year after a couple years of different toxic mold exposures said she saw mold. She used a magnifying glass but I don't know that it's possible that she could identify that. Diagnosed as fungal and mold. But I did not have a culture.
Yes so can we absorb only mycotoxins? Yes actually I'm remembering that supposedly we can if for example after toxic mold is killed then mycotoxins remain in the air. Killing toxic mold at least in the air produces more mycotoxins (always? That's what I was told). Unless they are taken care of by...? It's been so long since learning about remediation that I don't remember.
There is also mold and mycotoxins in food sometimes.