• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. enough_is_enough

Poor reactions to magnesium and zinc after multiple trials

After I started zinc picolinate (other Zinc supplements made me nauseated) I also became extremely tired after taking it. For some reason I kept going after 3 weeks this side affect went away. Zinc Picolinate is one of my main supplements today. I think the reason for the extra fatigue was the...
  2. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Help me solve this riddle: the medications that kept me symptom-free for a full week'

Did they use Ketamine for general anesthetic. Ketamine as a NMDA antagonist has the effect to reverse Cfs/Me symptoms for a few days.
  3. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Iodine and Apoptosis - Implications For Immunity, Autoimmunity, Leaky Gut, Methylation, Cancer, etc.'

I can't begin to express how Iodine has helped me. I use potassium iodine, the liquid form. For some reason I get these vomiting attacks. After years of intense suffering because of this and many different Rx meds I found potassium Iodine stop such attack totally without any side affects. I...
  4. enough_is_enough

Chronic misunderstanding and overwhelming fatigue of the most miserable syndrome.

My ability to create makes an a appearance for short periods, little and far inbetween so this is result... Poem by: Sonja Steyn 11-1-11 We are fighting this on our own. So few on our side, mostly us alone. Even less to understand. Who's...
  5. enough_is_enough

Biblical reply to those...

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into Gods love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as...
  6. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Stiff as a Board'

Hang in there Carrigon, some how I think you are strong enough (spiritual) to handle this, it is hell I know, we have to take pain and tiredness with everything else life continually throw at us, sometimes I think it is so overwhelming that it's actually really ridicules. We can do it , finish...
  7. enough_is_enough

It may "seems" like it until the very end...even the weeds will become flowers "eventually"
  8. enough_is_enough

Truly spiritual and deeply truth.....indeed love makes the world go around but when the selfishness of men outweigh the love....well suppose we will soon find out!!
  9. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Being "Wicked" in New York City!'

I've always wanted to see New-York, small town drives me crazy....hours of driving just for a dr whom maybe understands something. Thanks for sharing Spitfire....hang in there, just when you think your dying of fatigue and there is no hope a little sun ray will always brake through the fog of...
  10. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Pain Meds: The Lunch Food of Choice'

:) Things is spiraling downwards in "small town" Wall Mart were I live looks the same nowadays, don't get to use to a product tomorrow it is nowhere in sight. Wish I lived near you Carrigon, would of brought you some food and give that neighbor of yours a lesson in diplomacy.
  11. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Living Outside the Camp'

I just love campfire's the crackle of the wood and the smell..the sounds of the nightlife. Lol what a big difference between campfire's and computers, if I have to choose well the computer + Internet of course. Sometimes I go to YouTube for a video of a waterfall and nature sounds and then just...
  12. enough_is_enough

Rooibus "tea"

I was born in the SA, both my children drank only rooibos tea as babies and tots apart from their milk...it did not calm my daughter down, she started walking at the end of 8months!!
  13. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'My story (short version)'

Thanks Carrigon for the virtual hugs...strange how communication with others in the same boat a you helps, this is the first time I have enough energy and what else goes with it to sit and write about my journey with cfs. Aquariusgirl, actually that is one of the millions of supplements I...
  14. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Uuug... another crash!!'

Funny how people think Cort, when I read your bio, I thought, wow how on earth did he do it, to work support himself and being tired and sick all the time...well I wouldn't of mind to live near nature most of the time, that part I envy you. I found my peace long ago but as you know yourself...
  15. enough_is_enough

My story (short version)

I am forever fighting, forever trying something else, forever reading, looking for new research, someone Else's story of recovery, a new supplement or something that helped someone else. It took me a long time just to except the cfs diagnosis. How can a "syndrome" make you feel worse than...
  16. enough_is_enough

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Fredd and Marcmc, I haven't told my story yet , but yes I have cfs because of mercury and mercury fumes,I did the no amalgam thing and chelation, just once though (made me to sick) sauna, detox, (many diffirent kinds) fiber therapy for years, I am taking 3 milk thistle's a day (one of...
  17. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Uuug... another crash!!'

Thanks Jace....I suppose 0-16 was the worst years for me, she is calming down as she learns through hard experiences life is about giving, and she is not going to receive love from her Mom by abusing her, lol, I am in a fatigued body full of pain my ability for unconditional love was left behind...
  18. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'I have to share major info'

Wish I could do the "jump on the plane to Hawaii part" I passionately dislike the winter and white is my least favourite color. In this part of the world, the snow is lying thick for weeks already. Yes I am most definitely a summer person...Jan, Feb and March are the super suffering...
  19. enough_is_enough

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I tried hydroxocobalamin extreme from prohealth a few days ago, it dissolves under your tongue, what a strange reaction it had on me, for a few minutes I felt "this is it, I found something els that work!!" Then wam it hits me the "horrible feeling" I only slept an hour that night. As I think...
  20. enough_is_enough

Comment by 'enough_is_enough' in 'Even a 1% Change Makes a Difference'

If only the positive and the negative would even out, but the cfs/me Murphy's law goes something like this, 100 neg = 1 pos but the fog in our brains, or the pain in our body's is so overwhelming we all together miss the pos. How does it feel to "feel normal" I am sure there isn't something like...
  21. enough_is_enough

enough_is_enough

22. enough_is_enough

Uuug... another crash!!

I am flat on my back again.....soooo tired. After 23yr with cfs will I ever get used to these total wipe outs:Retro mad: well at least I can be thank full for the fact that I am not bedridden anymore. I asked myself what happened, why the crash....maybe because I had to take another verbal abuse...