• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biblical reply to those...

D

dirtyharry

who give you a hard time because you have CFS. It's not really purely biblical. Some of it comes from different parts of the bible.

It's from the movie Pulp Fictiion (great movie).

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Now that's spiritual.

enough_is_enough

One day I will run and not get weary.
Truly spiritual and deeply truth.....indeed love makes the world go around but when the selfishness of men outweigh the love....well suppose we will soon find out!!

Carrigon

For some reason, the first thing I thought of when I read that was Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes :)

Unfortunately, there were evil people in biblical times and there are still evil people now. I wish it didn't seem like evil was winning all the time.

enough_is_enough

For some reason, the first thing I thought of when I read that was Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes :)

Unfortunately, there were evil people in biblical times and there are still evil people now. I wish it didn't seem like evil was winning all the time.

It may "seems" like it until the very end...even the weeds will become flowers "eventually"

Martlet

Jesus said in a parable that there was a man who sowed wheat, but when it came up, weeds grew alongside it. His servant wanted to pull them up, but the land-owner said not to, that if they pulled up the weeds, then it might damage the wheat. Instead, he said: 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."' So, good and evil thrive together - even in the same person as none of us is entirely good - but in the end, there will be a reckoning. (Matthew 13:27-30)

Jesus also taught: "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'
And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.
'

enough_is_enough

Jesus said in a parable that there was a man who sowed wheat, but when it came up, weeds grew alongside it. His servant wanted to pull them up, but the land-owner said not to, that if they pulled up the weeds, then it might damage the wheat. Instead, he said: 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."' So, good and evil thrive together - even in the same person as none of us is entirely good - but in the end, there will be a reckoning. (Matthew 13:27-30)

Jesus also taught: "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'
And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.
'

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into Gods love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all Gods people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Ephesians 3)