• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Took second dose of Valcyte this AM.

Hello Everyone,

I started my second Valcyte journey yesterday (Friday the 13th) and have taken my second dose this morning.

Have a funny sensation in my muscles - like a tingling sensation, or a slight numbness. There doesn't seem to be any changes in strength at this time, but I feel a bit more slack than normal - looser if you will. Not sure if this is anything significant, but I'll keep writing about it if it turns into something more.

After writing my "pre-dose" blog entry, I had a meeting with my boss about the next few weeks while my body is adjusting to everything. He asked that I get a note from the Internist detailing what to expect if I have a herx / die-off reaction. That way, we can make any absences excused and I won't get in trouble for the time off. Hopefully, I'll be able to hand that to him in person on Tuesday (I have to pick it up on Monday and I work nights, so Tuesday is the soonest I can get it to him).

My family bought me a Britta water filtering system that goes to 4 bottles for my birthday on the 9th. I'll be using that to keep my hydration levels up - keep my kidneys functioning well. That was the one thing I noticed last time - that my kidney function tests had started to change just before ending the 6 month dosing. They were still in the normal range, but were getting close to edge of that range. Since we're likely going to be going at this for a longer period, I'm wanting to take extra care with them this time around.

=== BY THE NUMBERS: DAY 2 ===
Weight: 261.0 lbs (haven't reweighed)

Activity Level: 4 today

Current Dosing: 2 doses taken at 450mg each

Lab values of note: No results yet.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 19
    Hi Everyone, Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM /...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 9
    Hi All, Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...