• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

R3 / Day 9

Hi All,

Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago that she could tell the difference. I believe it was the quality of my conversation that was being quantified. Personally, I’m having periods of severe fatigue and periods of incredible “energy” without stamina. I’ll admit that I’m doing my best to not push things, but the little chores around the house that haven’t been done for months are slowly being completed. It’s a mixed blessing, honestly. Feeling fairly good right now, but having felt so very awful just days ago... It’s eye opening and jaw dropping all at the same time.

Still planning on taking things easy this weekend. One of Montoya’s rules is to not push things when you start feeling better. I may do one or two small chores this weekend, but not the whole house cleaning that I feel like doing (not that I actually could - the damn disease is tricky like that. Bait and switch tactics).

My lisinopril arrived today in the mail and I’m planning on starting on that tomorrow morning for my new hypertension. I firmly believe that it’s due to peripheral vascular resistance from the RBC Deformability issues that PwME have according to OMF. The eeason I think this is I had an echocardiogram a couple of weeks ago that mentioned my inferior vena cava was constricted which indicates a lack of fluid - while simultaneously having elevated blood pressures. Still thinking about how to confirm this. Am considering taking Vitamin E which has been shown in mice to normalize RBC Deformability issues. Maybe that would help with the hypertension? 🤔

—————————-
Rating currently a 3-4/5 on the scale.
Weight today: 256.4#
Labs planned for ~4 weeks from now.
Reactions: Wolfcub and Judee

Comments

Personally, I’m having periods of severe fatigue and periods of incredible “energy” without stamina.

That's a good way to put it. I'm trying Mutaflor right now and it makes me feel better but still no energy. Almost like the engine is getting a slight tune up but there's still no gas in the gas tank to go anywhere.

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

• RBC Deformability Study.pdf
    215.1 KB · Views: 59
  • RBC Deformability Tx w VitE Study.pdf
    532.9 KB · Views: 59

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 19
    Hi Everyone, Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM /...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...
  • R3 / Day 4
    Hi Everyone, Day 3 ended with a very sudden onset of fatigue and need...