• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sicker longer than I thought...

Hi Everyone,

In several of my earlier blog posts, I may have mentioned that I became sick in 1989. Turns out, I was a smoldering case prior to that and the "1989" was when I hit puberty and became moderate for the first time.

Research of my medical history and speaking with some of the researchers at Stanford this past year has concluded that I actually started my ME/CFS life at the tender age of 16 months and 17 days when I developed a fever of 106.5 degrees F while fighting a sudden onset Strep B infection.

This revelation has my childhood making so much more sense when viewed in the scope of having a mild, smoldering case of ME/CFS. Why I couldn't ever participate in sports that required any sort of endurance. Why I couldn't train for activities like all the other kids. Why brain fog was my constant nemesis in school and textbooks were a special type of hell. Why I could play outside and then crash and be barely cognizant enough to go inside. Why riding my bike was fun, but only for short trips - no matter the speed of the ride. Why I couldn't mow the lawn no matter what threats of punishment were suggested. *facepalm* There are so many memories that make sense now...

Hope this entry clarifies things regarding the discrepancy between earlier posts and future ones.

Brent / ArgyrosfeniX

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 19
    Hi Everyone, Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM /...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 9
    Hi All, Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...