• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Predicted a Bacterial infection based on my CFS behabior - Strep Throat

This is amazing, I always get "normal" energy when I get a cold, or several viral (Zica also) and it is a constant for me.

This week I felt fluish and just wiped out, first day I was very weird out because when I feel a cold I am supposed to feel amazing (I am the only person in the world that celebrates a cold, the worst the better).

Second day, I say something is wrong, I am going to the doctor. My husband gets freaked out because I never go to the doctor for stuff like this. I explain to him that I must have a bacterial infection because I have no energy, and behold! I had strep throat!!!!

It just amazes me that I have come to understand my CFS behavior to this point.

Comments

That's so good that you know yourself so well. I sure do wish colds gave me energy! That's awesome Inester7!
I have been away from PR for about a week or more. I got a.....cold....but the worst was a UTI that is taking a long time to go away! They switched antibiotics last Thursday. I still haven't improved much.
I wonder if CFS makes it harder to fight off infections.

I am just getting to know myself as I except my life with ME/CFS. A long process. I was in denial too long.
So I hope to get where you are eventually.
Thanks for sharing.
Pen2

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7