• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A CFS crash that made me wonder how do we do this

So I have been ok for a few months. The only issue I had was bones popping out of place WAY to often, Since then I decided to lower the midodrine since I was doing better and that did the trick.

But I have not have a crash or the regular CFS fatigue for about a few months.
Then today I felt it. That tiredness and then the wave of this substance that invades my brain and wipes me out unconscious.

I freaked out, all I thought Holly shit how did I did this for whole days / months / years at the time. I cannot go there again, there is no way I can make it through another relapse.

I know compared with much, is a good problem to have but the feeling of CFS is so overwhelming that I had forgotten or I don't even know how to put it, I DONT MISS IT. for sure. But also reminded me of the fragility of my good periods. I have crash every year every fall, I hope this year will be different because to be honest I don't know if I can do this again.

Note: I still manage energy, and I follow a very strict livestyle to feel somewhat decent, but I have my other diseases (colitis is acting up) and POTs to deal with. But CFS mostly is doing great. I don't know if I attribute the IBS like thingy to CFS or Colitis, that is an issue still.

Comments

With ME/CFS, so many symptoms go with it. I'm so sorry to hear you were doing so well. Crashes are just so hard to predict! They're delayed so we think we're ok....than crash. I have several other issues that are neurologic. Manny lesions in my brain. I have IBS, Brain fog, I don't think I have colitis thank goodness.
Please hang in there, you know what to do now and so you can get better with rest. It's hard.....really hard. I get it. PR has good people just like us and good information.
Don't give up hope...

The 3rd paragraph is so me. Theres no way I thought I could go back. I'm still here, so I guess I survived the pit of shit fall. Im hoping my body remembers again when I had 80% of my health. Damn, that was a bit over a year ago.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7