• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New ME/CFS Primer

I would like to share this with everyone. Recently the new primer that was shared with many in attendance at the CFSAC meeting with federal agencies in Washington D.C., was posted here on Phx. Rising. I was extremely pleased to see this new primer available to the public. After reading it I felt I could expedite the process of informing my own healthcare clinic staff and Primary Care Physician by making a hard copy to show them. I also contacted the administrative asst. to the Administrator of the clinic. I was able to email the primer to her, who in turn, stated she would share it with the administration board. I feel this is a good method for us to use in expediting the process of treatment for all patients as well as informing them of current research including finding the biomarkers for diagnosis and treatment.

I hope you will all consider doing the same with your own medical facility. I don't know how long it will be before the CDC decides to update their current toolkit with this primer as a guide for all physicians. Therefore, taking the ball into our own hands with our own physicians makes a lot of sense.

Thanks! B Elliott

Comments

I think the CDC has the key to open Doctors minds. It was the CDC who closed all their minds and made us all "pysch" patients and malingerers. Until I found a real ME CFS Doctor, I was laballed bat-crap crazy. I still am by my local GP who will not prescribe ME CFS meds to me. The CDC can either open the door or katie Bar the door for us. It's up to Elizabeth Unger.

Blog entry information

Author
Brelliott
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs