• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV revisited (Split from Hornig/Lipkin lawsuit thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannybex

There's a lot of information here,

Unfortunately there's a lot more misinformation there as well.

Just a few quotes (thank goodness for voice activated dictation):

At 23:15: " Federal government had seen the autism. It wasn’t in the original paper, but we had several meetings between July and the publication where we showed the children, we showed the other diseases, we showed the family, we showed it to Tony Fauci and NIAID…there’s just no doubt… there won’t ever be any doubt in my mind that we isolated and we were… direct isolation… as our paper said, of, of, of, this novel gammaretrovirus… and… and there are many strains just like there, there are at least seven strains of HTLV-1, or HTLV, human T cell leukemia virus lymphotropic virus – and many of these strains aren’t yet associated with any disease at all…(etc., etc.)…

So the government quickly uh, um, when they realize uh, within the next year when our (unpublished) studies continued and we showed the extent of the family studies (???) and, and the fact that these things were associated not only with autism, but with the Lou Gehrig’s disease, with Parkinson’s disease, uh, um, with um, Alzheimer’s disease, um, um, and the aluminum and the vaccine and the other excipients we call them the debris those other things um, harm the immune system….(etc., etc.)…Why are all our kids developing allergies to peanuts? “Oh, it’s because we’re injecting them with peanut oil when they’re a month old!”

So many questions, so little time, so I'll just ask a few...

If they had seen a link to autism before publication of their paper, why wasn't that mentioned in the 'original paper'? Were children's lives not worth it until she decided she had no choice 'but to play the autism card'?

And what about the other diseases? Where are the 'family studies' she's talking about and 'the fact' that there was an 'association' with all those other diseases? If there's "no doubt", then why were there more than a dozen follow-up studies from all around the world that indeed showed 'doubt'?

Peanut allergies are connected to peanut oil in vaccinations? Hmm, that must be why only 0.6 percent of the population is allergic to peanuts.

And then for all her tak about the certainty that 'this novel gammaretrovirus' is associated with so many illnesses, she then seems to negate or greatly diminish it's importance, when she says at 22:22:

"… but only 5% of the people with the virus will ever get sick… so you have to have something else."

In other words, 95% of people with the virus will not get sick.

Game, set, match...or whatever.

Again, this is not meant as an attack on the doctor or on any patients that still believe in her hypotheses. It's just that she repeatedly doesn't seem to make any sense, and has become her own worst enemy by these conspiracy theories with nothing to back up her claims. That's just self-servingi IMHO (Why isn't Ruscetti part of her book or book tour?), and incredibly unscientific and unfair to patients suffering from all these horrible diseases.

p.s. If I ever post about Mikovits again, please just shoot me. :)

Last edited:

Hustler

I m a hustler
Hope you re a man of your word, danny......
Carriers do not always get disease

Ah full dose.....that s the wrong way to do it but hey we couldnt have known. I fell into the same trap

Hip

Once all that dust settled then at the end of year 4 n start of year 5 it all clicked. If i went back i d have adopted a more gentle approach.

So what more gentle daily dosage of raltegravir and tenofovir would you suggest using?

Hustler

I m a hustler
Then you aren't cured.

Cured would mean no longer needing meds to control symptoms. For example, when a person takes insulin to control blood sugar levels, if levels are controlled, they still have diabetes.

You re right. Cured while on the treatment yes.
If I stop the treatment then symptoms return.
I just like to stay positive, that is all..

The Iranians found XMRV in HIV Aids patients.

They looked at the most significant part of the MLV in this thus very very solid study using a huge number of patients to control against. This is the best kind of study from that part of the world. Must be said.

Do those patients have ME? Were they ME patients infected with MLV who went on to be infected with HIV ?

X
MLV
R
V

MLV is an XMRV

As Mikovits always said about this exotic pathogen

Lipkin let this slip deliberately.
He said in his press conference that maybe he used the wrong primers.
He gave the impression he cared.
He pretended to go back and look with other primers and he pretended there was not enough money to go further. He has the most research money in the bank.

Did he put in yet another grant application with Jose Montoya to take yet another look at those 85% yet another third time? Hiding behind his own excuses and sweat ?

Some people get a thrill being on the run.

I failed THREE times on antiretrovirals, kept failing in spite of gains.Big fail. But I kept trying and the fourth time, guess what, THEY WORKED. Big WIN. I combined raltegravir with tenofovir and managed to override the IRIS that I had previously got.

Lower doses built up to full dose.
No need to overpower the system.

I am now cured of ME/cfs

I am the Hustler
You just need to work out where to hustle

panic at the cdc ?
or they out playing tennis?

Game set AND MATCH MIKOVITS

If you still need meds you aren't cured, not by a long shot.

Is Mikovits a liar?

Re: the multi-centre study which Lipkin oversaw, all the researchers could not find xmrv including Mikovits.

Her comment:

As to XMRV, "it's simply not there," Mikovits said at a press conference this morning to announce the results of the new study. No previous study had tried to replicate her findings using her exact methods, Mikovits says. "I'm forever grateful to Ian Lipkin for making it possible to participate," she says. Lipkin says he is "proud" of Mikovits for accepting the outcome and asked the audience at the press conference to give her a round of applause.

She agreed with the results publicly but then wrote a whole book about how she lied. Can you trust that.

I have noted you have joined Health Rising with the same agenda.

Can you explain how Lipkin managed to bamboozle +++ researchers into faking their results into they didn't find xmrv.

Can you link to the research where Judy has proven the existence of her retrovirus. Can you link to resources where Judy isn't making money from unproven conspiracy theories because she is.

Can you actually provide any real proof of what you are saying?

Last edited:

Hustler

I m a hustler
If you still need meds you aren't cured, not by a long shot.

Is Mikovits a liar?

Re: the multi-centre study which Lipkin oversaw, all the researchers could not find xmrv including Mikovits.

Her comment:

She agreed with the results publicly but then wrote a whole book about how she lied. Can you trust that.

I have noted you have joined Health Rising with the same agenda.

Can you explain how Lipkin managed to bamboozle +++ researchers into faking their results into they didn't find xmrv.

Can you link to the research where Judy has proven the existence of her retrovirus. Can you link to resources where Judy isn't making money from unproven conspiracy theories because she is.

Can you actually provide any real proof of what you are saying?

XMRV SILVERMAN was not there

X
MLV FAMILY MIKOVITS WAS THERE
R
V

At 6%

No agenda
I dont play games
A retrovirus is not a game

Last edited by a moderator:
XMRV SILVERMAN was not there

X
R
V

At 6%

No agenda
I dont play games
A retrovirus is not a game

No retroviruses are not a game. But to claim you are infected with a retrovirus that has never been shown to cause illness in humans is, well, silly. Do you not understand that even Judy couldn't find xmrv with blinded samples.

So give me a link to the study that shows "MLV FAMILY MIKOVITS WAS THERE". Can you? because really there should be some research out there. Where is it?

Hustler

I m a hustler
Many links
Will post them
She said it from the very start
She used so many complementary methods that any elite scientist would

Daffodil

by the way...I found a very very old article from a doctor saying AZT helped a kid with autism. interesting

Hustler

I m a hustler
X
R
V

Just give me some time to find alllll those many links and presentations and discussions and warnings she kept giving about it not being

XMRVSILVERMAN

but rather

X
MLV FAMILY MIKOVITS
R
V

By the way, Kina, the inspiration for my nickname comes from Lipkin himself. He said as a top level researcher you only get so much research fund money to hustle with. To figure out where to hustle...

Hey i tell u what let s put them face to face and see how they compare

X
MLV FAMILY MIKOVITS vs xmrvslvmn
R
V

Anyone need binoculars to see the difference? Does LipkiN ?? Do the CDC?!!!!!

But hey we got the Master Hustler on the case

A Man From Whom Viruses Can’t Hide
Dr. W. Ian Lipkin, Virus-Hunting Master

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/science/23prof.html

Oh viruses cant hide from him

But he can sure hide viruses

Only he never thought the patients would raise him and Coffin and see them.
They wanted to play poker?

Well now

WE RE ALL IN
The winner takes it ALL
We took the arv s and we got better. Pressure will never make us fold.
We have cards up our sleeves.
We learned from the very very BesT

The smartest guy in any bar, is the barman.
The simple guy. That s us. The ones who hustled Lipkin. He NEVER thought we d take those arv s and FLUSH HIM DOWN A COLUMBIA toilet

"""Wanna go for a thousand , Mr Lipkin ?"""

Last edited:
It's been a very long time since I saw anyone claiming XMRV was linked to CFS. Best wishes to everyone, and I know some patients were really hopeful that the XMRV discorvery would lead to a breakthrough for patients, but it didn't work out and it seems pretty clear that contamination was a cause of the early positive papers.

You must have missed this Hustler as you haven't commented on it yet.

XMRV and Public Health: The Retroviral Genome Is Not a Suitable Template for Diagnostic PCR, and Its Association with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Appears Unreliable.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...a-suitable-template-for-diagnostic-pcr.52086/

In conclusion, the occurrence of highly conserved, repeated DNA sequences in the XMRV genome deeply undermines the reliability of diagnostic PCRs by leading to artifactual and spurious amplifications. Together with all the other evidences, this makes the association between the XMRV retrovirus and CFS totally unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.