• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
This thread has become a Miyarisan fan club, have you not seen the last few pages?
I don't want to get my hopes up but it's really one of the most promising things I've come across in years. It's amazing that there's been so little discussion about it, in regards to it's potential usage as a treatment for ME/CFS, on the internet.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This thread has become a Miyarisan fan club, have you not seen the last few pages? :lol:

I ordered the 630 tablet version from amazon.com (American version of Amazon) to Ireland. It shipped from Japan and arrived in a week or so. There were no custom charges given that it costs only 16 dollars.

I think the brand that most of us are using is Miyarisan.

It's available on Amazon in the US but doesn't seem to be available on the UK version of the site. There are also people selling it on Ebay.

Thanks! The Ebay Miyarisan ships from Japan and I have trust issues with people selling supplements on Ebay - probably irrationally I trust Amazon sellers better - so I think I'll order via US Amazon. That's good it ships so quickly!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I like the little farting cartoon-person on the packaging of the Miyarisan! You wouldn't get that on a UK product! :cool:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Cure Autoimmunity by Feeding Clostridium Resistant Starch

Autoimmune diseases, by their symptoms, show that sufficient gut flora to stimulate the aggressive half of the immune system is still present. What is missing are the Clostridium species that convert soluble fiber, such as resistant starch, into short chain fatty acids, e.g. butyrate. Patients treated with antibiotics usually walk away from the hospital with a suggestion to eat some yogurt to repopulate their missing gut flora. Unfortunately, dairy probiotics don’t survive in the gut and cannot repair the gut flora and immune system. The result, after the gut fails to repair and the immune system crashes, is autoimmunity. There is a more appropriate possibility to avoid or fix autoimmunity. Some people suffering from autoimmunity (and with remnants of their gut flora intact) have simply fed their gut flora on resistant starch and achieved complete recoveries. Others fail to respond, because their gut flora is too severely damaged and necessary bacterial species are gone. Those individuals need to eat the missing species of bacteria and some probiotics (more common in Asia) contain Clostridium species. Consistent with this use of soluble fiber to feed gut bacteria that produce butyrate and stimulate the suppressive immune system are reports of healing by combining potato starch (RS) and probiotics with Clostridium butyricum (Probiotic-3). Repair of the suppressive immune system by repair of gut flora (including fecal transplants) and feeding gut flora with appropriate soluble fiber, may be a general approach to the cure of most autoimmune diseases and allergies.

Sidereal

I don't want to get my hopes up but it's really one of the most promising things I've come across in years. It's amazing that there's been so little discussion about it, in regards to it's potential usage as a treatment for ME/CFS, on the internet.

I don't think it's that surprising when you consider that all the information/advice about the microbiome in ME/CFS outside of this thread is plain stupid/false and dangerous. Plus, no one is marketing C butyricum in the West. This bacterium is available in only one American product as far as I can tell (AOR 3), mixed in with two other bacteria that are perhaps less desirable. It's not like you can get this stuff in every local supermarket or pharmacy the way you can get lactobacilli.

Sidereal

probably irrationally I trust Amazon sellers better

I've had stuff go missing in post from Amazon sellers a couple of times and have always gotten a full refund. I have no idea how Ebay works; I don't go near the place personally.

adreno

PR activist
This is actually a good thing. Had it been discussed for years would mean that it doesn't significantly improve ME, or it would have been widely known by now.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've had stuff go missing in post from Amazon sellers a couple of times and have always gotten a full refund. I have no idea how Ebay works; I don't go near the place personally.

I've had 100% success in stuff turning up and it's generally been great as a buyer but when it comes to supplements, I like to know who I'm buying from in case it's counterfeit.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This is actually a good thing. Had it been discussed for years would mean that it doesn't significantly improve ME, or it would have been widely known by now.

I wish we had some way of tracking people's progress with all these things - it would be good to get some data, even if it's squishy, noisy data.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I wish we had some way of tracking people's progress with all these things - it would be good to get some data, even if it's squishy, noisy data.
Well... I think that's what's going on right here on this very thread. I just don't think anybody here has been taking it for very long. I'm only into my second day. Asklipa seems to have been using it the longest, if I'm not mistaken.

You can also read about Terry Needham's experiences with it on his Getting Healther Now blog.

Last edited:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I think you can get it from Canadian pharmacies too. If you search the forum, others have given pointers on how to best obtain it online.

Sidereal

I think you can get it from Canadian pharmacies too. If you search the forum, others have given pointers on how to best obtain it online.

Yep, someone has recommended a good Canadian source but Germany is closer to me and it's within the European Union so no customs. Have you ever tried Mutaflor?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Have you ever tried Mutaflor?
I have not but I've seen it discussed a bit on the forum. I guess I should read up on it. B. Infantis is another one that some people seem to feel is beneficial for ME/CFS.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is it farting or radiating stomach health?

Hey, I think you're right - I have mistaken what's going on there! The origin of those rays is at stomach level.

My apologies to the cartoon person! :oops:

Back