• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

ljimbo423

@Mary...sorry I don't understand this.I see you have written it elsewhere too....Thanks.

By posting, it brings the thread to the top of forum posts, so it can been more easily seen.

In this case, it brought this thread to the top of "The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut" forum.

Sometimes people just post "Bump" or "Bump to the top of the queue" like Mary did to make that happen.:)

By posting, it brings the thread to the top of forum posts, so it can been more easily seen.

In this case, it brought this thread to the top of "The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut" forum.

Sometimes people just post "Bump" or "Bump to the top of the queue" like Mary did to make that happen.:)
Bumping this thread because it's a goldmine.

I have trouble understanding something... if resistant starch reaches the colon intact, why do some people say it's bad for SIBO? The way I see it, it doesn't affect the small intestine, so the only potential negative would be fueling an overgrowth in the colon.

Bumping this thread because it's a goldmine.

I have trouble understanding something... if resistant starch reaches the colon intact, why do some people say it's bad for SIBO? The way I see it, it doesn't affect the small intestine, so the only potential negative would be fueling an overgrowth in the colon.
just guessing but maybe by feedign the bacteria in the big intestine they will reach into the small intestine in case you have sibo?

could you summarize this thread here? i mean it has a lot of pages and i cant go through it. im using inulin too and it has helped my gut a lot. i used resistant starch int he past too but now im down to only inulin.

whats the excclusive benefit of res starch? could you summarize?