• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strong anxiety after gentle methylation approach

drmullin30

Would you happen to know why this is so individual? It is kind of puzzling. I have been taking as much as 1000 mg a day. The need normalized when I addede b3.

At the other end I thought that I was toxic om very low doses in the beginning, but it was a question of cofactors, the b6 depleting magnesium and making magnesium deficiency even worse when I took it. So the symptoms I mistook for toxicity were heart palpitations and other electrolyte stuff rather than neurological.
Hi @Bluebluesky like all things nutritional/metabolic it depends on genetics (polymorphism) and epigenetics which include, diet, stress, age, environmental exposures etc. If you are taking 1000 mg a day of b6 and having heart palpitations and electrolyte imbalances I would stop B6 immediately and get your levels checked. Heart palpitations and electrolyte imbalance CAN be signs of neurological dysfunction when there is damage to small fiber peripheral nerves which control autonomic functions. See here for a list of other symptoms: https://understandingb6toxicity.com/b6-toxicity/symptoms/

If you are taking 1000 mg a day of b6 and having heart palpitations and electrolyte imbalances I would stop B6 immediately and get your levels checked.
Hi @drmullin30
Thanks for the warning 👍.
The heart palpitations came when I was starting up with doses of a few miligrams of b6 in a situation where i was heavily deficient in magnesium - probably due to long term b6 deficiency (i figure).
Much later on I was able to take as much as 1000 mg with no adverse symptoms whatsoever.
By now I just take like 15-25 mg. So all is well, but thanks for reacting on your concern.