• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stem Cells

mojoey

I am doing the cell-signaling factors. No I am not a Cheney patient, and unfortunately this was a one-off sort of thing so I can't help anyone obtain this (I would love to, truly, if I could).

I haven't tried LDN but I am doing immunovir at Cheney-recommended dosages.

I just ordered stemgevity which is promoted by Steenblock. A few of my friends tested both that and Stem-Kine and Stemgevity tested better for all of them. If certainly helps that they have this 60-day money back guarantee http://www.stemgevity.com/guarantee.html

I am treating XMRV with whatever nosode/mother signature/homeopathic I can come up with. I know this last part may be greek to most but I've managed many co-infections with this method in the past. So far, I've only been able to find tester vials (which I tested positive for with the biomeridian), but a friend of mine was able to create a K potency set based off that tester vial so that will allow more targeted treatment with photons.

For those of you waiting for an actual XMRV nosode, a lab in europe will be attempting to extract XMRV from my blood since it already tested pos via culture with WPI. They will collaborate with WPI on this. If they successfully do so, I've been assured they'll send my pathological sample to a homeopathic company to produce a nosode. I've already found a company willing to do this. Hopefully this will be done within the next 2 months.

I'm also continuing with low-dose chelation and subsequent mineral replacement. Steenblock is a strong proponent of this; says that metals interfere with stem cell migration signals.

One of the last experiments I may do before stem cells is combination of UV light with psoralen. Many of you may have heard that wpi partnered up with Cerus corporation to use their Intercept system http://www.cerus.com/index.cfm/ProductOverview/The_INTERCEPT_Blood_System to inactivate XMRV from ex vivo blood. "The INTERCEPT Blood System uses Cerus’ Helinx technology to crosslink the nucleic acids present in susceptible pathogens, blocking replication and preventing their proliferation. The treatment process simultaneously inactivates donor leukocytes, white blood cells that can pose risks for transfusion recipients.....The INTERCEPT Blood System for platelets and plasma employ amotosalen HCl (a type of psoralen), which is activated to form crosslinks using an ultraviolet light source."

I know PUVA therapy has been used on psoriasis so this experiment is based on extrapolation that psoralen and UV light could work not only topically and ex-vivo but in-vivo. I found a doctor that has done PUVA in the past and said that if I could find psoralen in IV form he would experiment with it. The risk is we don't know what side effects this would have on the blood cells at this time besides inactivation of leukocytes. The upshot is that I don't care because I'm getting stem cells and even if this hypothetically acted like chemo the stem cells will replace the damaged cells. Rituximab depletes all the b-cells so this may not be a bad thing at all.

So my prep ranges from some basic immune-modulating and terrain-correcting therapies to a bit-o-star-trek.

I've been looking at these so called "stem cell boosting" supplements and of the major two (Stem-Kine and Stemgevity) both of them seem pretty weak.

First of all, I tried look from the ingredients of Stem-Kine and this all I could find on a third party site (unless I didn't dig deep enough, there wasn't any list on the Stem-Kine site):
Vitamin D3 2000 IU
Proprietary Blend: L fermentum extract, ellagic acid 40%, beta 1,3 glucan 1400 mg

Now Vitamin D3, from my research, is supposedly the most important singular vitamin or mineral you can take to increase circulating CD34+ stem cells. D3 can be derived from food, sunlight, and in supplement form (Stem-Kine's main ingredient.)

I have no idea what to think of their proprietary blend but it is certainly more... modest compared to "Stemgevity."

From their site:

stemlabel2.jpg

Um, did that really just list "Deer Antler Powder"? (Blue Green Algae? Cinnamon Bark? Irish Moss?) Really? Looks they threw a bunch of crap together (literally) in this stuff. And their main ingredients are Lithium and Copper. (No D3)

How in God's name did they figure that all that crap works together to stimulate/boost Stem Cells?

Sorry, I had trouble typing there for a moment as my eyes were too busy rolling toward the back of my head.

Here's an article from the LA Times examining the Stem-Kine if I seem to be going too harsh on it's "competition": Link

Honestly, if I had to pick out of the two, I would pick Stem-Kine, but then again, if I had a choice I doubt I'd use either. I'd rather just go sit out in the sun.

mojoey

"Steenblock Research Institute

Dr. Steenblock is the Founder and head of the Steenblock Research Institute, a 501 (3) c non-profit corporation. He has been conducting research for many years on many different health-related subjects. One area of particular interest has been in the area of nutritional support for the human body’s stem cell system, and how to assist it to function optimally. Obviously not everyone can come to Dr. Steenblock’s clinic in California in order to benefit from bone marrow stem cell treatment, so he had a particular interest in developing a way to help the world benefit from the stem cell revolution. The result is the product we now call Stemgevity™."

Obviously this doesn't mean the product is the best one or that there are no conflicts of interest involved, because there may very well be. Just wanted to try to explain how this product came about as I see it. Half the book that Steenblock wrote is actually about nutritional prep and preservation of stem cells: chelation, dietary restrictions etc.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=21798

^Hope they've cleaned up their act since 2005.

More recent info on David Steenblock since 2009, courtesy of quackwatch:

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/steenblock3.html

A excerpt:
Steenblock has been disciplined by his state licensing board three times and is now serving 5 years' probation.

In 1991, he was charged with negligence in connection with two patients he had treated [20]. In 1994, the case was settled with a stipulation under which he agreed to serve five years of probation, pay $10,000 for costs, and take extra continuing education courses in pharmacology, medical charting, and ethics [21].

In 1997, Steenblock was charged with violating his probation by not paying the $10,000 assessment and by using three unlicensed "physical therapy assistants" to administer patient services [22]. (In 1997, the employees were convicted of practicing physical therapy without a license.) In 2000, after Steenblock had paid the $10,000 and hired a licensed physical therapist to supervise the others, the board assessed another $3,500 toward costs but decided not to penalize him for "aiding and abetting the unlicensed practice of physical therapy." [23] The proceedings also had the effect of extending his probation for three months.

In January 2008, the Osteopathic Medical Board of California charged David A. Steenblock, D.O. with gross negligence, repeated negligent acts, excessive treatments, failure to maintain adequate records, and falsely representing his credentials.

Wasn't trying to find in any unfavorable or denigrating info about this Steenblock fellow or his clinic (I knew nothing about him beforehand) but these two links come up on the first page when you do a google search of his name.

That said, and you are right, neither what is said on his site (or what I uncovered) necessarily means this particular product does or does not work. However, it does make me even more wary to try it or believe the claims they make.

jeffrez

Oh look, another troll. :rolleyes: Sent here by gapsych no doubt, to rescue all the wayward and gullible CFS patients from themselves.

Apparently you didn't do much research. 1,3 beta glucans - the main ingredient listed for Stem-Kine - definitely can mobilize stem cells. You've noted yourself that D3 can, also. Lithium has been known probably for decades not only to increase CD34+ cells and G-CSF, but to increase the proliferation of neutrophils. It was one of the things I tried years ago after suffering the neutropenia from the chemical injury. BG algae can increase CD34+ cells. Most of these other substances, like kelp, ellagic acid, etc. have all kinds of immunological, anti-proliferative, antioxidant properties that would seem only to be beneficial for many people even if they didn't directly increase stem cells. Most likely they were chosen for a supportive role or capacity they might have in the process of increasing viable stem cells.

I can't vouch that any of these products actually do what they claim, or to the extent that they claim, but it's not like they aren't premised on known characteristics or actions of their main ingredients. Based on the actual science and research into these substances and their properties, it's not unreasonable in the least to think these products might have pro-stem cell inducing or mobilizing effects. I think the medicinal mushrooms also show a lot of potential in this respect, and I'm only surprised those aren't thrown into these formulas, too. For all I know, maybe the 1,3 beta glucan in Stem Kine is in fact derived from medicinal mushrooms - maitake, reishi, shiitake, etc.

So yeah, I guess you didn't dig enough.

I've been looking at these so called "stem cell boosting" supplements and of the major two (Stem-Kine and Stemgevity) both of them seem pretty weak.

First of all, I tried look from the ingredients of Stem-Kine and this all I could find on a third party site (unless I didn't dig deep enough, there wasn't any list on the Stem-Kine site):

Now Vitamin D3, from my research, is supposedly the most important singular vitamin or mineral you can take to increase circulating CD34+ stem cells. D3 can be derived from food, sunlight, and in supplement form (Stem-Kine's main ingredient.)

I have no idea what to think of their proprietary blend but it is certainly more... modest compared to "Stemgevity."

<snip rest of bizarre rant...>

jeffrez

Oh, look - a simple 10-second search of medline shows that deer antler can in fact stimulate stem cells, too:

1. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Jul;27(7):1121-5.

Stimulatory effects of monoacetyldiglycerides on hematopoiesis.

Yang HO, Park JS, Cho SH, Yoon JY, Kim MG, Jhon GJ, Han SY, Kim SH.

Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Management, Asan Institute for Life Sciences,
College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea.

Monoacetyldiglycerides purified from deer antler, and identical synthetic
compounds, have been shown to stimulate hematopoiesis.
In the present study, we
synthesized eight monoacetyldiglycerides, one of which,
1-palmitoyl-2-linoleoyl-3-acetyl-rac-glycerol (3), was structurally identical to
one of the naturally occurring monoacetyldiglycerides and showed the most potent
stimulation of hematopoiesis by colony forming unit in culture (CFUc) assay,
having a stimulation index (SI) of 1.54+/-0.23 at a concentration of 1.0
microg/ml. Moreover, 1.0 microg/ml 3 showed potent growth-stimulation activities
on megakaryocyte culture, long term culture of Lin(-)Sca-1(+) cells with
irradiated MS-5 stromal cells (SI, 1.69+/-0.16), and on the number of cobblestone
colonies (SI, 10.4+/-0.25). In a murine model, 3, at concentrations of 0.5, 5 and
50 mg/kg/d, i.p. and p.o., effectively stimulated hematopoiesis in vivo 7 d after
syngenic bone marrow transplantation of irradiated C57BL/6 mice, when assayed by
the colony forming units in spleen (CFUs) assay. These data suggest that
monoacetyldiglycerides may have significant clinical potential for the
acceleration of hematopoiesis.

1. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2004 Jul;52(7):874-8.

Purification and structural determination of hematopoietic stem cell-stimulating
monoacetyldiglycerides from Cervus nippon (deer antler).

Yang HO, Kim SH, Cho SH, Kim MG, Seo JY, Park JS, Jhon GJ, Han SY.

Department of Chemistry and Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Ewha Womans
University, Seoul, Korea.

A mixture of monoacetyldiglycerides was newly isolated from the chloroform
extract of antlers of Cervus nippon, guided by the hematopoietic stimulation of
stem cells. The structures of monoacetyldiglycerides were determined by various
spectroscopic methods: FAB MS, CID tandem MS, and 1D and 2D NMR. A mixture of at
least nine inseparable sn-3-monoacetyldiglycerides was identified: 1
[C(39)H(72)O(6) (C16 : 0/C18 : 1)], 2 [C(39)H(72)O(6) (C18 : 1/C16 : 0)], 3
[C(39)H(70)O(6) (C16 : 0/C18 : 2)], 4 [C(39)H(70)O(6) (C18 : 2/C16 : 0)], 5
[C(41)H(74)O(6) (C18 : 0/C18 : 2), 6 [C(41)H(74)O(6) (C18 : 2/C18 : 0)], 7
[C(41)H(74)O(6) (C18 : 1/C18 : 1)], 8 [C(43)H(74)O(6) (C18 : 0/C20 : 4)], and 9
[C(43)H(74)O(6) (C20 : 4/C18 : 0)]. Among these nine monoacetyldiglycerides in
deer antlers, compound 3 was one of the major compounds and was efficiently
synthesized from glycerol. Spectral data of synthetic monoacetyldiglyceride 3
were compared with the corresponding data for the mixture of natural
monoacetyldiglycerides. The mixture of natural monoacetyldiglycerides from deer
antlers showed potent activity on the hematopoiesis (stimulation
index=1.40+/-0.05, p<0.02 at 1 microg/ml), and synthetic monoacetyldiglyceride 3
showed even better activity (stimulation index=1.54+/-0.12, p<0.001, at 1
microg/ml).

Oh look, another troll. :rolleyes: Sent here by gapsych no doubt, to rescue all the wayward and gullible CFS patients from themselves.
Troll? Sorry? Look, I couldn't care less what anyone here does with their money or to their bodies. (Talk about bizarre rants...) I just came here and posted what little info I obtained in quick google searches as I was interested in these products and to see what others thought. My posts were of a spontaneous affair and merely sparked by curiosity.

I also never claimed to have done extensive research in either Stem Cells or supplements that are marketed to "boost" them, nor did I ever hint or imply otherwise. Nowhere did I say that either of these products do or do not work. (In fact, I think I made that pretty clear in the last part of my previous post.) The only thing I presented were (again) things I found in quick google searches, made a couple observations on a few of them, and and added a humble and admittedly rather (for the most part) uninformed opinion from a lay perspective.

That said, I do appreciate the info and extra insight, though less (or none at all, preferably) hostility, assumptions and accusations in the future would be nice. :)

jeffrez

Troll? Sorry? Look, I couldn't care less what anyone here does with their money or to their bodies. (Talk about bizarre rants...) I just came here and posted what little info I obtained in quick google searches as I was interested in these products and to see what others thought. My posts were of a spontaneous affair and merely sparked by curiosity.

I also never claimed to have done extensive research in either Stem Cells or supplements that are marketed to "boost" them, nor did I ever hint or imply otherwise. Nowhere did I say that either of these products do or do not work. (In fact, I think I made that pretty clear in the last part of my previous post.) The only thing I presented were (again) things I found in quick google searches, made a couple observations on a few of them, and and added a humble and admittedly rather (for the most part) uninformed opinion from a lay perspective.

That said, I do appreciate the info and extra insight, though less (or none at all, preferably) hostility, assumptions and accusations in the future would be nice. :)

I didn't see you ask what anyone thought. Aside from what appeared to be only rhetorical questions about products you labeled "crap," I didn't see you ask or say anything that remotely resembled curiosity. I just saw an ignorantly hostile post about your eyes rolling into the back of your head regarding products that you now admit you have never researched, and a comical suggestion that just going out to sit in the sun is going to stimulate adequate stem cells to address ME/CFS.

Considering the fact that we have been trolled only recently by gapsych, it's no wonder that posts like yours, together with your post about the guy m0joey mentioned, would be perceived that way. That's how I perceived it at least. If you want info, maybe next time it would be easier just to ask?

Okay, so I've been mulling over the info that you posted, Mr.Kite, and doing some more of my own research and I have to agree with this statement that you made:

Based on the actual science and research into these substances and their properties, it's not unreasonable in the least to think these products might have pro-stem cell inducing or mobilizing effects.

So the question I have now is, looking at the bigger picture: Why take one of these products over the other? m0joey said that he decided to go with 'Stemgevity' because of anecdotal reports of people he knew doing better on those (which, I think, at least for me, as I don't know how they carried out their experiments and came to their conclusions, I would have to take with a grain of salt.)

Earlier, I put quotations over the word "competition" when referring to the products. Are these products really directly competing (in the sense that, sure, their goal is the same, but their methods are different)? Neither of them seem to share any of the same ingredients. So if one was going to try these, I say, "why not use them both concurrently?"

mojoey

Cid Zeke,

Just to clarify, I wasn't basing my purchase on their anecdotal reports of response to the product but rather their energetic testing of the product. That's another conversation in and of itself, but that's usually how I determine whether to take a supplement unless it has a solid track record of helping CFS patients at large (i.e. cell-signaling factors as measured by Cheney's echo terrain mapping or immunovir based on Klimas' claim that they boost NK cells).

Chris

Hi, Cid Zeke; just my 2c worth, but there are two admittedly very small scale studies showing that Stem-Kine does do something to mobilize stem cells--I am not aware of any such published studies about Stemgevity. The latter's website reads much more like those long ads for long-shot investments than a scientific outline. If people are thinking seriously of going down to the Panama clinic, it might make sense to go with the product put out by the same group--SK. I have been taking it for a while now, with breaks, and it does seem to be doing a bit of good--I am very old and cannot expect rapid progress.
If you assume both have some effect, I would be very hesitant to take both simultaneously; as Mr. Kite and I both noted before, the SK study shows that at a dose of 2 x 2 per day, increase in number of circulating stem cells peaked before the two week period of the trial, and began to decline again, suggesting that that dose might be overdriving the release of stem cells from the bone marrow, which as Mr. Kite noted from personal experience can have serious consequences. So my advice would be to try one or the other, to be conservative in dosing, and if the first one you try seems to be doing some good, stick with it; if it does not seem to be doing anything after a reasonable period (give it time--this is not a super powerful line of attack), take a break and then try the other one. Good luck, Chris

Rrrr

holy mouse virus, batman. joey, that sure is a lot you are doing/taking.

i seem to be reactive to EVERYTHING now, so i can't seem to take anything. my pre-stem cell prep will considing of these two things:
1. i'll try to get back on vit d (when i try, i get sicker, but i'll try again!)
2. i'll try to LDN again (tired it one night and felt sicker for 2-3 days, but this time i'll start at a sprinkle dose)
3. and maybe try steenblock's remedy.

does anyone who is using steenblock's remedy feel they can part with 2 pills, so i can try it without ordering a whole bottle? i'll be happy to pay for the two pills, if you want.

rrrr

Rrrr

article: Stem-cell work closes a door to AIDS virus

Article: Stem-cell work closes a door to AIDS virus

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100702/hl_afp/healthaidsstemcells

Fri Jul 2, 3:06 pm ET

PARIS (AFP) Lab work on mice has opened up a novel way of closing a gateway to the AIDS virus, according to a study published on Friday.

The doorway in question is called CCR5, a protein that helps the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) penetrate a cell, its first step before hijacking the cellular machinery and reproducing itself.

Around a decade ago, scientists discovered that people who had a tiny gap in the genetic code for making CCR5 were surprisingly resistant to HIV infection and took more time to progress to AIDS.

This gene variant, known as CCR5 delta 32, results in smaller CCR5 proteins, which prevents most strains of HIV from infecting the cell.

Testing a theory, scientists in the United States took immature haematopoietic cells -- which make immune and red blood cells -- from mice.

They modified some of the cells, using a brand-new enzyme "cutter" to delete the famous CCR delta 32 section.

As a result, when these cells matured and divided, they lacked the key code for making normal CCR5.

The modified cells were reinjected back into the rodents, which were then exposed to HIV. Twelve weeks after infection, the animals had recovered their stock of immune T-cells and their levels of HIV were very low.

But "control" mice that had not received the modified cells were highly infected and their immune systems weak.

If the approach is found to be safe and effective on humans, it opens the way to creating a long-term generation of HIV-resistant T-cells in the body -- in other words, a patient could suppress HIV without taking powerful antiretroviral drugs.

The experiment headed by Paula Cannon of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and reported in the journal Nature Biotechnology, is the third avenue that has opened up for CCR5 investigators .

Drugs that inhibit CCR5 are already being licensed as "salvage" therapy for patients whose immune systems have been crippled by HIV.

Doctors are also testing in trials on volunteers a CCR delta 32 technique, but using T-cells as opposed to stem cells.

Around two million people died from AIDS in 2008, and 33.4 million were living with HIV, according to UN figures published last November.

The International AIDS Conference, an event held once every two years, takes place in Vienna from July 18-23.

jeffrez

I still think the medicinal mushrooms are strongly worth considering.

1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009 Mar;234(3):342-53. Epub 2009 Jan 14.

Maitake beta-glucan enhances umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation in
the NOD/SCID mouse.

Lin H, De Stanchina E, Zhou XK, She Y, Hoang D, Cheung SW, Cassileth B,
Cunningham-Rundles S.

Department of Pediatrics, Cornell University Weill Medical College, 1300 York
Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA.

Beta glucans are cell wall constituents of yeast, fungi and bacteria, as well as
mushrooms and barley. Glucans are not expressed on mammalian cells and are
recognized as pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPS) by pattern
recognition receptors (PRR). Beta glucans have potential activity as biological
response modifiers for hematopoiesis and enhancement of bone marrow recovery
after injury. We have reported that Maitake beta glucan (MBG) enhanced mouse bone
marrow (BMC) and human umbilical cord blood (CB) cell granulocyte-monocyte colony
forming unit (GM-CFU) activity in vitro and protected GM-CFU forming stem cells
from doxorubicin (DOX) toxicity. The objective of this study was to determine the
effects of MBG on expansion of phenotypically distinct subpopulations of
progenitor and stem cells in CB from full-term infants cultured ex vivo and on
homing and engraftment in vivo in the nonobese diabetic/severe combined
immunodeficient (NOD/SCID) mouse. MBG promoted a greater expansion of
CD34+CD33+CD38- human committed hematopoietic progenitor (HPC) cells compared to
the conventional stem cell culture medium (P = 0.002 by ANOVA). CD34+CXCR4+CD38-
early, uncommitted human hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) numbers showed a trend
towards increase in response to MBG. The fate of CD34+ enriched CB cells after
injection into the sublethally irradiated NOS/SCID mouse was evaluated after
retrieval of xenografted human CB from marrow and spleen by flow cytometric
analysis. Oral administration of MBG to recipient NOS/SCID mice led to enhanced
homing at 3 days and engraftment at 6 days in mouse bone marrow (P = 0.002 and P
= 0.0005, respectively) compared to control mice. More CD34+ human CB cells were
also retrieved from mouse spleen in MBG treated mice at 6 days after
transplantation. The studies suggest that MBG promotes hematopoiesis through
effects on CD34+ progenitor cell expansion ex vivo and when given to the
transplant recipient could enhance CD34+ precursor cell homing and support
engraftment.

taniaaust1

NUMBER OF STEM CELL THREADS
lastly, the more i think about it, the more i think that one thread is best for all the stem cell info on this forum. if we put panama on one thread, and we ask questions like, "what are you taking to prep for panama?" on that thread, then the folks reading just the "general" stem cell thread don't get to hear that info.

i now vote for keeping all the stem cell info on this forum in just one thread.

but i think that we need to just not respond to posts that we feel are antagonistic or re-raising issues that have been raised already. that way we can avoid going down argumentative (read: waste of time) paths.

rrrr

Thou im not going to go and have stem cell treatment (thou if i got sicker again i would seriously consider) i like reading this thread (i know someone who is having stem cell treatment soon for atypical MS) and having the stem cell posts together.. if they were put on separate threads i think there would be far more repeat posts.

Chris

Stemgevity and Stem-Kine again.. and..

Hi, Mr. Kite--thanks for the mushroom abstract--interesting; maitake and other mushrooms are used in at least a couple of immune suppelements, as you doubtless know already--AHCC, and also AOR's Immune Support. So maybe they do more than modulate the immune system..
And maitake and other mushrooms are used in Stem-Kine, though conspicuously not in Stemgevity--I say conspicuously because it includes almost everything else, including several berries. I am not saying the stuff does not work, but do not like their selling program--you can join and get a cut in what you sell. I am also not reassured by what I find on the www.StemCell.md website. And Google David A. Steenblock.

Rrrr--I do wonder a bit about your desire to try Stemgevity rather than Stem-Kine. Molly told us that the Panama clinic, run by the team that makes Stem-Kine, recommend using it before and after; if you are going to spend big bucks trusting their science, would it not make sense to follow their recommendation? Maybe you are afraid that the Vit D will do damage--I cannot answer to that of course. But...

Just for the record, because paranoia as well as justified suspicions appear sometimes on this forum and doubtless others, I pay for my SK like everyone else, and have no association with the company.

Whatever you both do, I wish you the best of health and fortune, and trust you will report back here in due course--and hope the news will be good!
Best wishes, Chris

mojoey

I would try to not use the "in-your-face"-ness of a selling program to judge the effectiveness of a product. Would anyone rule out stem cells at Panama mainly because they plugged more google ads than other clinics? I get ads from Germany's stem cell clinic all the time, which would turn me off, except I had prior knowledge that they're a highly reputable clinic if you want adult stem cells.

Also, just because you go to Panama to get stem cells with Neil Riordhan, the logic that you would be remiss using any stem cell prep that diverges from his recommendations doesn't make sense to me. For the record, he doesn't openly recommend cell-signaling factors, yet many of us would use them if we could get access to them because Cheney alone recommends them. I think a much smarter way is to use a piecemeal approach from different researchers attacking this from different angles. Cheney's done his bit, Riordhan and Steenblock theirs. Although I'm not following Steenblock's recommendation to get hUSC from Dr. Ramirez in Tijuana, his book still has a lot of what I consider useful and counterintuitive information like trying to induce intermittent hypoxia because stem cells thrive in low-oxygen environment and counterpulsation (wrapping inflatable cuffs around the abs and lower extremities which inflate each time the heart rests between beats) to coax already-healed tissue to begin churning out stem-cell-attracting biochemical signals., among other dietary restrictions such as not eating nuts and seeds after stem cells because they contain compounds averse to stem cell migration and proliferation.

These are all things I was not able to glean from Neil's stem cell research. In fact, Neil's abstract: "Theoretically, it is conceivable that reversing hypoxia may lead to activation of self-repair mechanisms." would logically lead us to conclude that inducing hypoxia even temporarily has no place in stem cell therapy - http://www.translational-medicine.com/content/5/1/30

As I mentioned before, I use energetic testing to determine what supplements are better for my body, but no matter what method we use, I don't think we should let our appraisal be dominated by suspicion of business interests but rather by dissection of the product itself.

mojoey

"This food group is rich in the amino acid L-Arginine, which is turned into the compound nitric oxide in the CNS. NO is detrimental for people with many neurological and other challenges because it fuels neuroinflammation, much like throwing gas on a fire. Comparisons done by Steenblock Research Institute staff of MS patients who received hUSC therapy and ate nuts & seeds during the first sixty days following treatment, with those who did not indicates that the latter group did far, far better." - pg. 113-114 Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapy

He recommends that these restrictions be maintained for the 2-3 months following infusion, not before, infusion.

Rrrr

what about a bag of saline (IV) after the stem cell treatment? i heard that helps push the stem cells into the cells. is that something done in panama?

joey: how were you going to get the sample of stem cells back with you? were you going to ask the lab or take yr IV tube, or or or...?

will it need to be on ice?

any info would be helpful.

rrrr