• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

hvac14400

fatty & acid : )
There are a number of studies by Russian researchers Akatov A.K. and Semenova I.B. which examine the ability of purified Staphylococcus toxoid to modulate the immune system when there is an infection with coxsackievirus B. See the following studies:

In all these studies, the authors refer to "purified staphylococcal toxoid", but they do not specify which particular Staphylococcus toxoid they are using (it is not mentioned in the study abstract, although they might provide these details in the full paper).

that's easy part:

[Correction of immune response using purified staphylococcal toxoid and likopid in the secondary immunodeficiency induced by Coxsackie virus B3].
[Article in Russian]
Semenova IB1, Vasil'eva IG, Akatov AK.
Author information
1Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology

don't you get it already? :)
"Gamaleya Research Institute" - it's a part of med_gamal, so they used the same shiet as you using now.
that anatoxin was available like from 1970 atleast.

http://www.gamaleya.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=17
http://www.gamaleya.ru/content/manufacture/index.htm

Last edited:

Hip

"Gamaleya Research Institute" - it's a part of med_gamal, so they used the same shiet as you using now. that anatoxin was available like from 1970 at least.

That makes sense. So it is likely Semenova et al were using a toxoid preparation in their studies similar to Medgamal's Staphylococcus toxoid vaccine.

Though it would still be nice to get hold of Semenova's email, and contact her. She may be unaware of Gottfries's work using Staphypan to treat ME/CFS patients, and she may be unaware that chronic coxsackievirus B infections are very often found in ME/CFS. I think this is a subject she might be interested in. And she may be able to provide some insight into how Staphypan works for ME/CFS and coxsackievirus B infections.

Semenova might even become so interested in the Staphypan research, that she changes her career direction, and starts to focus on creating a Staphylococcus vaccine cure for ME/CFS! OK, that is unlikely, but we can hope!

I can help write the email to her if you like, and then you translate to Russian.

why did it seemingly take the Gottfries crew to do the ingredient analysis of Staphypan when you would have thought that Berna Biotech would have had them readily available.

Staphypan is an old pharmaceutical product. Prof Gottfries originally experimented with it in the late 1950s, and it may have been around for a while even before that.

So at the time Staphypan was developed, there may not have been the scientific technology available to analyze its component parts. Staphylococcus alpha toxin itself was discovered in 1929, according to this paper.

Last edited:

hvac14400

Staphypan is an old pharmaceutical product. Prof Gottfries originally experimented with it in the late 1950s, and it may have been around for a while even before that.

So at the time Staphypan was developed, there may not have been the scientific technology available to analyze its component parts.

that's sounds just crazy and unscientific to me - like you inject live (and probably ill) people with some bacterial stuff, not even knowing from what it comprises of? some 1800 era science :D

Hip

that's sounds just crazy and unscientific to me - like you inject live (and probably ill) people with some bacterial stuff, not even knowing from what it comprises of? some 1800 era science

You can still be scientific in your approach, even if you do not have the technology to analyze the substances.

Edward Jenner, who created the world's first vaccine (against smallpox) in 1796, did not have any understanding of antibodies or adaptive immunity, but was still successful in creating an effective vaccine for smallpox. In 1796, medical science did not even know that infectious diseases are caused by micro-organisms (germ theory). Nobody knew about germs at that time. Germ theory only started to gain acceptance around 1850.

hvac14400

So it is likely Semenova et al were using a toxoid preparation in their studies similar to Medgamal's Staphylococcus toxoid vaccine.

she may be unaware that chronic coxsackievirus B infections are very often found in ME/CFS. I think this is a subject she might be interested in. And she may be able to provide some insight into how Staphypan works for ME/CFS and coxsackievirus B infections.

Semenova might even become so interested in the Staphypan research, that she changes her career direction, and starts to focus on creating a Staphylococcus vaccine cure for ME/CFS! OK, that is unlikely, but we can hope!

I can help write the email to her if you like, and then you translate to Russian.

i don't understand why you think so and not share your optimism, but so be it - shoot a pm at me.

hvac14400

[Correction of immune response using purified staphylococcal toxoid and likopid in the secondary immunodeficiency induced by Coxsackie virus B3].
Abstract
The action of immunomodulators, purified staphylococcal toxoid (PST) and lycopid, on secondary immunodeficiency state developing during infection caused by Coxsackie virus B3 was studied. This defect was manifested by delayed hypersensitivity to sheep red blood cells (SRBC) and the suppression of neutralizing antibodies to poliomyelitis virus. Depending on the scheme of the experiment, PST normalized the defects of immune response to SRBC or poliovirus, increased suppression or showed no activity. Lycopid corrected the defects of humoral response to SRBC. The combination of PST and lycopid was found to produce no increase of suppression. The suggestion was made on the expediency of combination of two (and probably more) immunomodulators for increasing the efficiency of correction of secondary immunodeficiency.

so they found, that by injecting anatoxin only you can make your situation even worse, by suppressing your immune system even more than before.
and i am officially diagnosed with secondary immunodeficiency, so i can f#ck myself up doing what you doin now - thanx for enlightening Hip :rofl:

Hip

and i am officially diagnosed with secondary immunodeficiency, so i can f#ck myself up doing what you doin now - thanx for enlightening Hip :rofl:

Possibly yes, possibly not.

The study you quoted above refers to the effect of purified staphylococcal toxoid on the secondary immunodeficiency that appears during coxsackievirus B infection.

The study found that this secondary immunodeficiency can be improved or worsened, depending on the scheme of administration of purified staphylococcal toxoid. To quote the study:
Depending on the scheme of the experiment, purified staphylococcal toxoid normalized the defects of immune response to sheep red blood cells or poliovirus, increased suppression or showed no activity.

The other study by Dr Irina Semenova that you cited above also says the same thing:
It is proved that the result immunocorrective effect of Licopid and purified staphylococcal toxoid are dose-dependent, and depend on the scheme of administration, as well as the genotype of experimental animals (mice).
The dose dependency could be important. It seems that some dose levels improve the secondary immunodeficiency, and some worsen it.

Interestingly, Dr Semenova used staphylococcal toxoid in combination with an anti-inflammatory treatment:
Purified staphylococcal toxoid within an integrated anti-inflammatory therapy of acute inflammatory diseases of the uterus associated with different combinations of opportunistic and pathogenic bacteria, corrects various immunological disorders: normalizes the number of T-lymphocytes

Note that this is an animal study, so the results may not apply to humans. Although Dr Semenova does say this:
The direct correlation between the test results of purified staphylococcal toxoid or Licopid in animal studies with secondary immunodeficiency, and data obtained from the use of these drugs in the clinic, gives reason to recommend mice bred to have induced immunosuppression as a model.
So in other words, Dr Semenova's results from testing purified staphylococcal toxoid or Licopid on mice correlated well with her results testing these drugs on humans in a clinical setting.

It would be nice to contact Dr Semenova, in order to get some information on these schemes of administration and dose levels, and to learn which schemes and doses improved the CVB secondary immunodeficiency, and which schemes worsened it.

Perhaps you can add this question in the email that you send Dr Semenova.

But whether your secondary immunodeficiency is caused by coxsackievirus B or some other cause, we do not know. The immunodeficiency caused by coxsackievirus B only occurs in the first few months of infection, according to research performed by Dr John Chia. Chia found that the CD8 lymphocyte counts can drop dramatically in the first few months of CVB infection, before returning back to normal. This immunodeficiency tends to cause varicella zoster virus outbreaks, in the form of shingles on the skin. But this CVB immunodeficiency only lasts a few months.

So if you have long-standing secondary immunodeficiency, it may be due to some other factor.

My guess is that Dr Semenova's studies are looking at acute CVB infections (within the first month or two of infection), not long term chronic CVB infections.

Note as well that this correction (or worsening) of any acute CVB-induced secondary immunodeficiency by purified staphylococcal toxoid (assumed to be alpha toxin toxoid) may or may not be related to any benefits this toxoid has for ME/CFS.

It is worth repeating here what I said earlier:
Note that this Russian product may be a slightly different formulation to Staphypan®, and as such, is a product not previously tested on ME/CFS patients. Thus there is an inherent risk to taking this Russian vaccine, and anyone doing so needs to understand that this is an experimental treatment, which may not work, and may have significant risks or side effects.

By the way, the Russian drug cycloferon (циклоферон), which some people on this forum found helpful for ME/CFS, is good for treating secondary immunodeficiency associated with chronic bacterial and fungal
infections.

hvac14400

Possibly yes, possibly not.

The study you quoted above refers to the effect of purified staphylococcal toxoid on the secondary immunodeficiency that appears during coxsackievirus B infection.

But whether your secondary immunodeficiency is caused by coxsackievirus B or some other cause, we do not know.

of course during - coz they took healthy mices and what they should have done to conduct experiment about immunodeficient ones? they just infected them.
but they experimented with different causes of immunodeficiency in that paper - stress for example, different infection, so i think you are wrong here - it's irrelevant.

By the way, the Russian drug cycloferon (циклоферон), which some people on this forum found helpful for ME/CFS, is good for treating secondary immunodeficiency associated with chronic bacterial and fungal
infections.

i've tried it in the past, as numerous other "ferons" - no any effect on cfs or my immunity.

It would be nice to contact Dr Semenova, in order to get some information on these schemes of administration and dose levels, and to learn which schemes and doses improved the CVB secondary immunodeficiency, and which schemes worsened it.

i got her e-mail today, her work phone number and info about where she working now (she left gamaleya institute long time ago) - that was an detective-like story, and in the process i heard angry words so many times like "who are you?!", "i wouldn't answer any of your questions - who you think you are?", "you got the wrong number", so it pissed the f#ck out of me :mad:
and now i don't have any smallest aspiration to continue this - need a break.

Last edited:

Hip

but they experimented with different causes of immunodeficiency in that paper - stress for example, different infection, so i think you are wrong here - it's irrelevant.

Yes, I think you are right. I missed the appropriate paragraph in the additional study you citied, but it does indeed say:
To investigate the ability of purified staphylococcal toxoid and Licopid to normalize the immune status of the animals with secondary immunodeficiency, caused by the influence of different by natural factors: viruses, bacterial vaccines, stress.

i got her e-mail today, her work phone number and info about where she working now (she left gamaleya institute long time ago) - that was an detective-like story, and in the process i heard angry words so many times like "who are you?!", "i wouldn't answer any of your questions - who you think you are?", "you got the wrong number", so it pissed the f#ck out of me :mad:
and now i don't have any smallest aspiration to continue this - need a break.

Sorry to hear you got all these negative remarks and responses from people.

Definitely a good idea to take a break. There is no rush anyway. If you wait a few days before sending Dr Irina Semenova an email, it will also give us a chance to think of some more questions.

i've tried it in the past, as numerous other "ferons" - no any effect on cfs or my immunity.

Do you know what specific part of your immune system is weak (low IgG, CD4, CD8, etc)?

Last edited:

hvac14400

Do you know what specific part of your immune system is weak (low IgG, CD4, CD8, etc)?

no - that was long time ago, prescribed treatment didn't worked, changed doctor, new analyses, new prescription - same shyt. so in the end i just threw all papers in the window : )

da shyt is bulky, eh:

P3260011.JPG

P3260012.JPG P3260014.JPG

P3260016.JPG P3260022.JPG

hvac14400

@hvac14400 looks like you got both types of the vaccine correct?

yea, coz am trying to emulate staphypan as close as i can. tho we really don't know yet are we need it or not.

If so will you trying the non absorbed first?

no - i will take them both at the same time and in the same shot, till the volume of injection rises past 1ml - then in two separate shots (still at the same time tho), coz i can't inject that much in a single place without some adverse effects - been there in the past.

Hip

da shyt is bulky, eh:

Wow, that is a great ice pack. The pharmacy you bought these vaccines from did a good job in making sure the vaccine stays cold during transit.

@hvac14400 looks like you got both types of the vaccine correct? If so will you trying the non absorbed first? Interested in hearing the results.

@hvac14400 has bought the Medgamal (non-adsorbed) Staphylococcus toxoid vaccine, plus the Russian Staphylococcus antifagin vaccine (see this post), that contain Staphylococcus cell wall parts and antigens, but do not contain any toxoids.

The original Staphypan vaccine contained a full range of Staphylococcus toxoids, in addition to Staphylococcus cell wall parts and antigens. So Staphypan's benefits from ME/CFS could have come from any of these components.

Last edited:

hvac14400

Wow, that is a great ice pack. The pharmacy you bought these vaccines from did a good job in making sure the vaccine stays cold during transit.

this is the first time in my life i saw such a thing, so can't really comment on that : )
and i was dealing with alot of injectables back in the day : D
like:

w_46e9ec76.jpg

z_ae8cc46b.jpg

z_ee5b99ed.jpg

the ol' good days, am sure miss them as f#ck, LOL.
the shyt was real as moth#...r :rofl: