• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Something to Ponder

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Rufous McKinney
I found this material to be remarkably accessible.
Immensely readable, concise, well-organized, clearly explained. My problem is NOT with the reading, or with a superficial understanding of the words, it is the full assimilation, on a mental, emotional, and almost cellular level, that is difficult for me right now, except on exceedingly good days, of which there are few at the moment.
Catherine has somehow written an entirely practical, accessible treatment of this important subject
She's done that because she has complete command of her material, on a deeply practical, existential level, and an obviously first-rate mind, alng with considerable writing and communication skills. I've rarely read anything so immediately alluring and promising. I can't thank you enough for posting that title.

I'm really looking forward to being able to access it on more than the intellectual level, which is what her work calls out for, requires, and almost demands.

YippeeKi YOW !!

yet EVERY morning for at least ten days since I did that, I turnon the computer and photo appears, out of focus but its there while i log in: and its the dog Apollo (GOD) that my daughter takes care of, in southern Mexico, and he is gazing at me, and his foot is on the book MEXICO, sitting on a coffee table.
Spooky, in the best possible way. And glorious in its synchronicity.

Rufous McKinney

except on exceedingly good days,

I guess I need to now convey that some of the major: experiences I've felt occurred here, happened when I was in my most vulnerable, most degraded, most fallen and collapsed state.

Having an experience that is outside the norm and provides some guidance and information is of course different from: reading the book and digesting all that.

But it is when we are so very vulnerable that the ego is simply set aside. And it is at those times we perhaps can taste- manna. Some nourishing gift that appears, just for you and yours.

YippeeKi YOW !!

alot of times I need to Titrate that. Drip, drip. slow mo.
@Rufous McKinney
Absolutely right on!!! :thumbsup:

Titrate is one of the terms that came down to us from the original alchemists, and is still used in modern medicine and herbology to mean altering a dose, either up or down, to suit the patient and the circumstances. It's also one of the basic principles of homeopathy.

Those ancients were generous donors. :):woot:

PS ..... I LOVE that picture of Apollo of the soulful eyes, named for the god of youth, beauty, healing, prophesy, truth, music, and oddly, plague. Dad had a rottweiler mix he named Zeus. There's something about many dogs that just calls out images of gods.

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Titrate is one of the terms that came down to us from the original alchemists

The funnest part of college chemistry is: when you get your hands on the glass ware. So: I titrated in college chemistry. Its very fun. Big long glass tube, with increments, and valves and you slowly add chemicals drip drip.

The unfun part of college chemistry was the expectation that one had to pass the tests. It was truely hair-raising.

Rufous McKinney

Did anyone notice that the authors of the Pace Trial apparently came out with a rebuttal...?? That was somehow surprising, not that I've processed any of it yet.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Pretty sure that dogs (and maybe even cats too) were essential to our nature, to our evolution.
There's an hypothesis that wolves, or a wolf, were the first to make the approach and cross the bridge between man and wild, that in essence, they adopted us, not vice versa.

And Egyptians worshiped cats, had a goddess, Bastet or Bast, who was a cat, originally a fierce lioness warrior of the sun god Ra. Egyptians used an ancient form of Siamese cats to guard their temples. Cats and dogs have been with us for a loooong time, lending whatever they can bring to our growth, understanding, and emotional and spiritual expansion.