• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reddit moderators deleting posts of people claiming they developed long covid from vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JES

I've known 10 people who have gotten serious side effects from any 1 of the vaccines. I know no people who ended up with any long term issues from having covid. FWIW

I didn't know anyone with ME/CFS. For the first five years I had this condition, I didn't even know there was such a disease as ME/CFS. Once Internet forums and social media became more prominent, it became obvious to me that there are millions of people suffering from ME/CFS and I would never have met them in other social situations like hobbies or workplace, because most were too sick to even be there.

I think you will find the same thing about COVID. Lots of people have joined ME/CFS support groups with long COVID, probably there are already as many as people with ME/CFS and the number will only rise. If long COVID is anything like ME/CFS, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I would even be happy risking moderate side effects from a vaccine if they were all temporary and reduced likelihood of something like long COVID, without forgetting the deaths of course, which the media typically only focuses on while ignoring the long-term suffering of people alive.

Hip

I've known 10 people who have gotten serious side effects from any 1 of the vaccines. I know no people who ended up with any long term issues from having covid. FWIW

Do you mean people that you know personally in real life (friends or family), or just people that you have met online? If the former, can you detail these serious side effects?

In my case, I know three people who have died from COVID: one is a cousin of mine, and the other two are friends of friends of my parents (eg, the sister of my mother's friend). I have another cousin who got long COVID after catching coronavirus before the vaccines became available.

I know nobody who has had a long-term adverse effect from the COVID vaccines.

Last edited:

drob31

Do you mean people that you know personally in real life (friends or family), or just people that you have met online? If the former, can you detail these serious side effects?

In my case, I know three people who have died from COVID: one is a cousin of mine, and the other two are friends of friends of my parents (eg, the sister of my mother's friend). I have another cousin who got long COVID after catching coronavirus before the vaccines became available.

1 roomate has had migraines. 2 roomates kids had side effects. One has migraines that wont go away, the other had blood clots in the ovaries. A friends dad had pericarditis and blockages in the intestines and had to be admitted to the hospital. A student of mines half sister had blood clots. A friends relative had kidney failure. That's all I can remember right now but theres at least 4 more, I think that have blood clots. Anecdotal of course but this is what I've heard.

drob31

Heres an example of "long haul" symptoms from the vaccine itself:

Hip

1 roomate has had migraines. 2 roomates kids had side effects. One has migraines that wont go away, the other had blood clots in the ovaries. A friends dad had pericarditis and blockages in the intestines and had to be admitted to the hospital. A student of mines half sister had blood clots. A friends relative had kidney failure. That's all I can remember right now but theres at least 4 more, I think that have blood clots. Anecdotal of course but this is what I've heard.

Wow, strange that your social circle had a high amount of side effects, when I don't think there was anything like that in mine. I had a mild fever for a couple of days after my first coronavirus vaccine shot, but that's about it.

drob31

Wow, strange that your social circle had a high amount of side effects, when I don't think there was anything like that in mine. I had a mild fever for a couple of days after my first coronavirus vaccine shot, but that's about it.

Yeah anecdotal of course.

But anyway, open vaers seems to report 500k+ side effects in the US. I know correlation isnt causation but I don't think that discredits 100%. But who knows...

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

Hip

But anyway, open vaers seems to report 500k+ side effects in the US. I know correlation isnt causation but I don't think that discredits 100%. But who knows...

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

Yes, I saw the 12,000 deaths reported on VAERS, which you do not see with other vaccines, like the flu vaccine.

But because there is so much heightened fear and worry about the coronavirus vaccines, I wonder whether these are incidental deaths which may be unrelated to the vaccine, but people report them to VAERS because of the worry about vaccine safety.

In the US, over 200,000 people die each month. So you are going to get a lot of people dying anyway within a month or two of the vaccine. But because of the vaccine fears, those deaths may get reported to VAERS.

Anti-vax organizations, such as the one run by Robert F. Kennedy, have spent millions in advertising on social media, so this media blitz is making many people worried about the vaccines.

drob31

Yes, I saw the 12,000 deaths reported on VAERS, which you do not see with other vaccines, like the flu vaccine.

But because there is so much heightened fear and worry about the coronavirus vaccines, I wonder whether these are incidental deaths which may be unrelated to the vaccine, but people report them to VAERS because of the worry about vaccine safety.

In the US, over 200,000 people die each month. So you are going to get a lot of people dying anyway within a month or two of the vaccine. But because of the vaccine fears, those deaths may get reported to VAERS.

Anti-vax organizations, such as the one run by Robert F. Kennedy, have spent millions in advertising on social media, so this media blitz is making many people worried about the vaccines.

Maybe there is a way to analyze the data? X number of people die each month, say half were vaccinated. Cross reference this with what age ranges died, and what percentage are what age. For example, say normally 1000 people age 12-18 die a month, but for last month it was 2000, there would be outliers like that, etc.

Some of the reports look legit, like symptoms occuring immediately after and precluding everything that happens, but obviously you'll have overlaps, etc.

I didn't know there were anti vaccine organizations. I do know Bret Weinstein, the evolutionary biologist is extremely pro vaccine, but he isn't on board with this one, so not everyone who is unsure about the vaccine is "anti vaxx."

Hip

Maybe there is a way to analyze the data? X number of people die each month, say half were vaccinated. Cross reference this with what age ranges died, and what percentage are what age. For example, say normally 1000 people age 12-18 die a month, but for last month it was 2000, there would be outliers like that, etc.

Yes, that could easily be done, because as you say, for each age group, you would expect a certain percentage to die within a month say of getting a vaccination.

The fact that the VAERS website you linked to shows older people are reported to have died after COVID vaccination much more frequently than younger people already fits into the death patterns that we know: there are usually more deaths in older age groups than younger:

1627877873894.png

Source: here

I didn't know there were anti vaccine organizations.

This article gives some idea of the profound influence that the anti-vax organizations are having on people's decisions whether to vaccinate:

The Dirtiest Dozen. Meet The Anti-Vaccine, Anti-Covid Health Grifters

Dr Josepj Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jnr are at the top of the "dirty dozen" list of anti-vax organizations.

drob31

Yes, that could easily be done, because as you say, for each age group, you would expect a certain percentage to die within a month say of getting a vaccination.

The fact that the VAERS website you linked to shows older people are reported to have died after COVID vaccination much more frequently than younger people already fits into the death patterns that we know: there are usually more deaths in older age groups than younger:

View attachment 44218
Source: here

This article gives some idea of the profound influence that the anti-vax organizations are having on people's decisions whether to vaccinate:

Dr Josepj Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jnr are at the top of the "dirty dozen" list of anti-vax organizations.

What do you think about someone like Bret Weinstein? I cant see any reason for him to make things up about his views and hes pro vaccine. Hes an outlier that keeps me very open minded about this situation, not to mention he is a evolutionary biologist with a PhD and his highly intelligent.

hapl808

Bret Weinstein is quite intelligent and has some very valid criticisms of much of the mainstream research. Unfortunately, his incisive criticism loses that edge when pointed at his own ideas. Like many in the mainstream, he's not consistent in the rigor of his criticism or data. For instance, some of Bret and Heather's extreme anti-mask criticism is based on their 'feelings' seeing kids and vague thoughts of devastating 'evolutionary' effects of masking (even though there are many cultures where masking is not new and they are basing this on PhD feelings, not published research or even well formed hypotheses).

In short, I like to hear his opinion and like that he has his own views. I think his ostracism and censorship is unfair and a sign of the rot in our systems.

I think his criticism of the 'certainty' of mainstream medicine when the data is not supportive is very fair. I think his touting of his own certainty (on Ivermectin, the dangers of mRNA, who really invented mRNA vaccines, masks are destroying children's emotional development) could use some of the trademark Weinstein skepticism.

Ivermectin, for instance, is not new to the ME/CFS community. Some have had decent results, some have not. It seems relatively safe, but no one seems to know why people without positive parasite tests seem to benefit, and others with the same symptoms don't. So we are familiar with that uncertainty, and my first spider tingle that something is amiss is when I hear certainty in others when it shouldn't be there.

Guwop2

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 10.31.54.png
I saw this yesterday, which chimes with my experience of having the vaccine and getting long-Covid symptoms as a consequence (which i got railed for posting about on reddit.)...but im not sure about this Patterson guy, seems to attract a lot of dodgy attention, though his Stanford credentials seem legit 🤷

Abrin

Antidotally, I know of no one close to me that have gotten any serious side effects from the vaccines but I know two people who ended up with long-term issues from having covid.

I always find it so fascinating how things can end up being so different in different people's social circles.

pamojja

Their reach isn't much further than the anglo-sphere. If they really infuenced any percentage, it would be visible by now in lower vaccination rates in the US or GB. But isn't.

Also everyone who is hesitant with these experimental vaccines is so, because of past bad experiences by oneself or realatives. By almost everyone having willingly having received former vaccinse, therefore not really defined by the derogative 'anti-vaxxer' misnomer. Not even Mercola or Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.