• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reddit moderators deleting posts of people claiming they developed long covid from vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

drob31

I'd Iove to know the answer to this.
Screenshot_20210808-124732_Chrome.jpg

drob31

I have read these news reports, but I have not seen convincing data on that. Our death rate has been relatively flat for several months. Delta itself is causing an explosion of infections and you would presume deaths will follow to some degree eventually, but most of the media reports I've seen are still anecdotal. You can always find one healthy college age person who died from COVID. You can find deaths in breakthroughs as well. That doesn't mean that vaccines aren't working, but it also doesn't mean that ALL people in hospitals are unvaccinated. I know what the news is reporting, but it's peculiar because other countries are finding vaccines effective, but only the USA is claiming near perfection.

What do you think about the ivermectin study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.31.21258081v1

Rufous McKinney

So in the UK at any rate, the NHS would not have been able to cope with the number of patients.

Many of the policy responses to COVID seem based upon the issue that we could not handle the patient load due to the lack of doctors, nurses, beds etc. Don't go to the hospital, you'll be sent home unless your really sick...happened, and early treatments that could have happened did not...

hapl808

Primary endpoint is viral load as measured by Ct value. That might be relevant to somewhat reduce transmission and maybe slightly shorten duration. Study design seems decent, but would be much more interesting to see a study where the primary endpoint is hospitalization or death with a secondary endpoint of long term symptoms. An adequately powered study like that; I would love to see a link if anyone knows one.

drob31

Primary endpoint is viral load as measured by Ct value. That might be relevant to somewhat reduce transmission and maybe slightly shorten duration. Study design seems decent, but would be much more interesting to see a study where the primary endpoint is hospitalization or death with a secondary endpoint of long term symptoms. An adequately powered study like that; I would love to see a link if anyone knows one.

Its interesting to me that we need so many studies for an already fda approved drug that makes big pharma zero money while we need way less evidence for the vaccines and things like remdesivir (costs a fortune but doesnt work). Its ok to use things that make big pharma a lot of money but not things with an low toxicity profile that appear to work really well based on numerous studies but they dont make money.

Bret Weinstein says pro vaccine people should be celebrating the fact we have another layer of treatment that is cheap and effect yet it gets ignored or discounted even with all the studies and huge metaanalysis www.ivmneta.com

Are we saying that there is no conflict of interest between big pharma not being able to profit off a drug while also attempting to prove it's not effective because of this. Pfizer has faked trial results in the past and paid off doctors. What am i missing ?

bensmith

I don’t go to my private group anymore, but i’m still on reddit and facebook long covid. And rarely but sometimes body politic.

I’m only seeing a fraction of the people show up to the long covid spaces from the vax. You def have a chance of me/cfs from vax, but from what i’m seeing its a lot less than from covid.

Davsey27

When I am browsing through YouTube I see news from local news networks where people die from the vaccine and in the comments section people writing about adverse reactions and sometimes deaths of family/coworkers.

Im not sure why mainstream networks don't cover this or the cdc making a statement giving condolences to lost ones.

When I was in college 10 years ago we were given articles and trained to write reasons for and reasons against.It seems like transparency is lost in this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:

JES

When I am browsing through YouTube I see news from local news networks where people die from the vaccine and in the comments section people writing about adverse reactions and sometimes deaths of family/coworkers.

Im not sure why mainstream networks don't cover this or the cdc making a statement giving condolences to lost ones

When I was in college 10 years ago we were given articles and trained to write reasons for and reasons against.It seems like transparency is lost in this day and age.

That's why you shouldn't be getting your information from YouTube and especially not the YouTube comment section.

JES

Anyone can make up anything on YouTube, a significant part of the posters there are either bots or trolls. If I wanted to know about side effects, I would begin asking people in my social circle who I know actually exist.

None of the close family or 30 co-workers I know have reported being ill after the vaccine or dropped dead and disappeared from work. This forum is another good place to ask for experiences, lots of genuine people whose post history is available and have not made up new accounts in the last 24 hours just to post about the vaccine.

Jyoti

DUE TO THE UNPRODUCTIVE AND INCREASINGLY CONFLICTUAL DIRECTION OF THIS TOPIC, THE THREAD WILL REMAIN CLOSED.

WE REMIND EVERYONE:
COVID has deeply affected us all, but there are many other places on the internet where it can be discussed more fully. Phoenix Rising rules prohibit the discussion of politics (see rule 11).
AND PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN ABOUT THE APPROPRIATENESS OF A POST YOU WISH TO MAKE ON THIS SUBJECT, YOU CAN CONTACT A MODERATOR BEFORE POSTING. WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.