• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My MRI images for CCI/AAI/Chiari/tethered cord

I just had my upright MRI completed and I was wondering if anyone could offer some insights :)

I have numbness and weakness all over, but it is worse on the R side (along with fatigue, insomnia, GI issues, and PEM). I have not been evaluated for Ehler-danlos, but I do have noted hypermobility in most of my joints.

My images seem pretty normal to me? I was attempting to make measurements, and do see some tonsil herniation and the grabb oakes line could be pathological, but I don't really trust my own opinion in this area. Also- I don't want to feel like I'm grasping at straws.

I have sent all of my imaging to Bolognese and Gilete, but I just want to gather a few opinions so the waiting doesn't kill me!! Thank you all in advance :)

Last edited:

borko2100

You are right, it looks normal to me as well. Then again, there might be something that a layman would miss, that's why it's a good that u sent the MRI's to a profressional.

The only thing that stands out, is a slight canal narrowing at the C1/C2 level, probably not pathological tho.

I am reposting this clearer image of my one problem area

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 1.50.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 1.50.09 PM.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 59