• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#Millions Missing 27 Sept 2016 - post coverage, videos, pix, tweets here

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Thanks, Ben - I think he was saying that, rather than do a clinical trial that could take years they hoped to repurpose existing drugs using that process to get a racing start.

Last #MM day, people here on PR worked together to produce a transcript but the sound quality was worse on this - I think people would need a cleaner recording.

Yes exactly. And thus they already have every known FDA approved drug to hand. Absolutely incredible.

Yes, I will ask around to see about a cleaner recording.

B

Jill

I think Ron said that a student has created an assay that cost 5 c . He had the gadget in his hand I think. It will pick up people who have certain defect. ie get a set of similar patients , then start running drugs past these cells also . I could be a tad muddled .

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Thanks, Ben - I think he was saying that, rather than do a clinical trial that could take years they hoped to repurpose existing drugs using that process to get a racing start.

Last #MM day, people here on PR worked together to produce a transcript but the sound quality was worse on this - I think people would need a cleaner recording.
There's good live video that Ashley took. It's in our fb page. Can somebody put a link in here? It's in two or three parts. First is short. Second includes Montoya (note our pose with him after his talk!) . Third has Sonya, Linda, Me, Eric Gordon, and Ron.