• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Markov CBIS Theory of ME/CFS - General Discussion

Hipsman

I went to the appointment with Dr. Igor Markov today, he spent around an hour with me going through my tests, my disease history and he found some things that suggest I have CBIS, one of them being I have some mucous in my urine test that I did 2 years ago. I liked the consultation, he paid allot of attention to details.

The tests will take around 7-9 days to get done (bacteria cultures), then it will take another 7-10 days to make the vaccines (from what I understood).

Last edited:

Hip

I went to the appointment with Dr. Igor Markov today, he spent around an hour with me going through my tests, my disease history and he found some things that suggest I have CBIS, one of them being I have some mucous in my urine test that I did 2 years ago. I liked the consultation, he paid allot of attention to details.

The tests will take around 7-9 days to get done (bacteria cultures), then it will take another 7-10 days to make the vaccines (from what I understood).

Great stuff, @Hipsman, very much looking forward to hearing your updates in the weeks to come.

Hip

@Hipsman, did you provide urine samples for Dr Igor Markov at your appointment today? If so, can I ask, what are the logistics of providing the urine sample?

I understand from Dr Oleg Markov's earlier posts in this thread that it requires warm urine samples given first thing in the morning, and it needs three samples given in the morning on three consecutive days.

Does that mean you have to visit one of Dr Markov's clinics first thing in the morning on 3 consecutive days, in order to provide the fresh warm urine samples?

Or does Dr Markov perhaps give you the agar plates (petri dishes containing a bacterial growth medium) home with you, so that you can add the urine sample yourself to the agar at home?

Just curious about the logistics of how Dr Markov arranges for the warm urine samples to be added to the agar plates for 3 days in a row.

Hipsman

did you provide urine samples for Dr Igor Markov at your appointment today?
No, they gave me 2 types of bottles:

First type bottle is used to collect urine sample, you must collect mourning urine (from first pee in the mourning) and bring it to the clinic on the same day from 8:00 to 12:00 (AM)

Second type bottle is used for agar plates, there is three of them actually, so that you collect mourning urine on three consecutive days.

(P.S: I don't know if you have to bring Second type bottles on the same day you collect a sample or bring all three after 3 days, I will go tomorrow to Markov's clinic to get blood tests, swabs and will find out. Didn't do it today, becouse it's better to do on empty stomack for blood tests and without brushing teeth for swabs)

Or does Dr Markov perhaps give you the agar plates (petri dishes containing a bacterial growth medium) home with you, so that you can add the urine sample yourself to the agar at home?
Yes, that’s exactly what they asked me to do. Here is how it works:
1) They gave me instructions on how to use agar plates
2) Then they gave agar plates for me to use at home.

I'll upload instructions tomorrow, because the once I have with me have hand writings and I will ask for English instructions if they have them.

Aidan Walsh

Any ideas on the breakdown of costs involved vaccines, tests, Doctor Travel lodging etc. Wish you answers now

Hip

Yes, that’s exactly what they asked me to do. Here is how it works:
1) They gave me instructions on how to use agar plates
2) Then they gave agar plates for me to use at home.

I'll upload instructions tomorrow, because the once I have with me have hand writings and I will ask for English instructions if they have them.

This is very interesting, as perhaps it might be logistically possible to ship agar plates to patients abroad, and then once the patient grows their bacteria on the plates, they might be able to ship the plates back to the clinic.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
This is very interesting, as perhaps it might be logistically possible to ship agar plates to patients abroad, and then once the patient grows their bacteria on the plates, they might be able to ship the plates back to the clinic.
His method is low tech, you could do it yourself with some more details.
Not that i recommend doing so, i would not personally take the risks of his procedure even if i lived in his city and he offered it for free.

Alvin2

Well @Alvin in days of old Docs would do the culture, prepare the vaccine and inject it all in their own surgery. Even in the USA.
A common trope is seniors going on about how when they were young they had it rough, walking miles a day to school (uphill in both directions), carrying all water from the well instead of indoor plumbing and so forth. :)

@Hipsman is a brave person to be testing this autovaccine.

hb8847

This is what is getting me, how many people could be treated today if they had proper diagnostics
Also how to get proper diagnostics?
Finally if we get an ME treatment many won't respond since they don't have ME...

Thing is, considering how often patients are misdiagnosed with ME, it's therefore likely that not all of Markov's patients will have had ME.

Assuming his statistics on recovery rates are valid, that's promising as it might indicate it's not only ME that autovaccines cure. Perhaps CBIS or bacterial dysbiosis could be the route cause of a lot of ME-like illnesses, who knows.

Aidan Walsh

The costs are more then I thought initially, I thought 200$ will be enough to trial 10 vaccine doses, but first consultation + lab tests turned out exactly 200$, so I will need extra 70$ to trial 10 vaccines + 30$ for second consultation...

It is not that much money compared to other Doctor's costs privately. Hotels or places to stay I imagine inexpensive there to stay.

Alvin2

Thing is, considering how often patients are misdiagnosed with ME, it's therefore likely that not all of Markov's patients will have had ME.
Agreed.
Assuming his statistics on recovery rates are valid, that's promising as it might indicate it's not only ME that autovaccines cure. Perhaps CBIS or bacterial dysbiosis could be the route cause of a lot of ME-like illnesses, who knows.
Its far more likely that he is spouting nonsense/easy answers becasue he is using poor criteria and making grandiose proclamations.

hb8847

Its far more likely that he is spouting nonsense/easy answers becasue he is using poor criteria and making grandiose proclamations.

I agree I have trouble believing his success rates. But the science does seem to make sense at least. And while scepticism and low expectations is probably healthy for ME sufferers, at some point negativity just for the sake of it is counterproductive. We may as well keep open minds until we've got some more data to go on.