• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long covid, mold and mcas--Lake Tahoe 2.0?

MCASMike

I've had dust allergies for quite a while, though mold never seemed to be an issue. I have accidentally eaten modly food on numerous occasions (by accident), and never had a problem, but from what I understand the problem with dust might be mold spores in it (though perhaps my MCAS is triggered by something else in the dust). Over the last week, I've had major episodes of runny nose, sometimes with a few sneezes. It only happens after I awaken, and it usually gets bad after I get dressed, usually before I get around to breakfast. Then as the day goes by it improves substantially. So, today I was going to try Allegra, but couldn't find it (perhaps it was thrown out accidentally, since someone gave me a few several months ago but I take Loratidine and didn't see any reason to mix these meds), and I just put on my respirator mask instead (didn't even take the usual 10 mg. Loratidine in the morning). It really helped, at least compared to the last several days, and after perhaps half an hour I put on a regular medical type mask instead for a couple hours. My guess is that it's a combination of dust or something airborne along with something going on in my body biochemically.

frozenborderline

, today I was going to try Allegra, but couldn't find it (perhaps it was thrown out accidentally, since someone gave me a few several months ago but I take Loratidine and didn't see any reason to mix these meds), and I just put on my respirator mask instead (didn't even take the usual 10 mg. Loratidine in the morning). It really helped, at least compared to the last several days, and after perhaps half an hour I put on a regular medical type mask instead for a couple hours. My guess is that it's a combination of dust or something airborne along with something going on in my body biochemically.
2 thoughts: 1) I've found rupatadine to be more helpful than loratadine in terms of non drowsy mcas meds. But it's not available inAmerica, must be imported,
2) great that the respirator works for you. P100s with voc cartridges worked for me too, regular n95s wouldn't help. When I say worked, I don't mean with my main problems such as mycotoxins, those are too small to filter, but for dust or smoke, which has been a problem a lot of times they're the best masks I've found