• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of various recent interviews with Judy Mikovits

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definitely good reasons to keep funding away from ME/CFS.
Health Canada and CIHR breached their policy when they did not provide expert peer reviewers, instead they supplied psych bias reviewers who ignored the evidence based scientific studies and turned down the $600,000 Catalyst Grant in August 2016. It has been almost 2 years and haven’t seen the money return to the table. It could have been as I have been out of the loop. (Self preservation) It was sad when CIHR Foundation Grant Program got reduced in 2017 from $200 million to $125 million then $100 million, and transferred over to projects. Has any of that money been awarded or promised to ME/CFS? Cheers!

Hip

No conspiracy story here Hip.

It may be worse than mere conspiracy theory: I am wondering if what @Annikki posted here might be construed as hate speech (which is illegal).

When these conspiracy theories first emerged that there was some plot to hide a positive XMRV finding in ME/CFS, these theories incited a huge amount of anger in the ME/CFS world, and as a result, a UK virologist who published one of the first of many negative results regarding XMRV in ME/CFS, started receiving a barrage of hate email, full of violent comments that verged on death threats.

Do you really want to incite that sort of hatred again?

Last edited:

Hip

Last edited:

Hip

the antibodies against retoviral proteins found in the 4% of both CFS and control patients were not explained

Is it possible those retrovirus proteins could have been from bovine leukemia virusrecent research found at least 1 in 3 of the general population are infected with this retrovirus. This virus is present in raw milk, and may have transmitted into human populations in the era before milk was pasteurized.

The only retroviruses I am aware that infect humans are HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV 1 to 4, human foamy virus (which may possibly be linked to autoimmune disorders such as myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis and Graves’ disease), mouse mammary tumor virus (linked to breast cancer), and more recently it has been discovered that bovine leukemia virus (BLV) exists in at least 33% of humans (and does have immunosuppressive effects, at least in cows).

Last edited:
It may be worse than mere conspiracy theory: I am wondering if what @Annikki posted here might be construed as hate speech (which is illegal).

When these conspiracy theories first emerged that there was some plot to hide a positive XMRV finding in ME/CFS, these theories incited a huge amount of anger in the ME/CFS world, and as a result, a UK virologist who published one of the first of many negative results regarding XMRV in ME/CFS, started receiving a barrage of hate email, full of violent comments that verged on death threats.

Do you really want to incite that sort of hatred again?

Ouch! Of course not. Respectfully, I was merely offering a point of view on how deep an outside influence could drill down into journal ethics, design, regulatory bodies corrupted by well placed experts, etc. Members are open minded and free to choose which version they believe. I missed the hate speech part could you quote it? Natural News is reporting on issues that mainstream doesn’t dare, so some credit there. US Right to Know performs freedom of information requests and in the last few weeks have layed out some pretty damning documents aquired from those requests, naming organizations, doctors, EPA,, etc. Pretty elaborate “conspiracy” theory when you read the documents, and how easy it is to push an agenda even when the end result is making people very very sick. https://usrtk.org/pesticides/mdl-monsanto-glyphosate-cancer-case-key-documents-analysis/

Hip

I missed the hate speech part could you quote it?

Hate speech is where you incite others to commit violence or harmful actions against an individual or group.

Suggesting as @Annikki did throughput this thread that there was a conspiracy to cover up positive XMRV findings (for which there is no evidence) and implicating people like Lipkin and presumably other researchers who published a negative XMRV studies is dangerous talk, as it may lead to some ME/CFS patients to committing harmful actions against these researchers.

Such harmful actions were committed by the ME/CFS community when the negative XMRV studies first began to get published — see this post.

Natural News is reporting on issues that mainstream doesn’t dare, so some credit there.

The stance of Natural News is irresponsible: their general narrative is that herbs and vitamins are just as effective at treating disease than pharmaceuticals, which is nonsense. I have a big interest in using supplements, but I don't pretend that supplements can generally replace pharmaceuticals.

Pretty elaborate “conspiracy” theory when you read the documents, and how easy it is to push an agenda even when the end result is making people very very sick. https://usrtk.org/pesticides/mdl-monsanto-glyphosate-cancer-case-key-documents-analysis/

My own ME/CFS was preceded by a severe chronic organophosphate pesticide poisoning in my own home (organophosphates increase the risk of ME/CFS), so I am all too familiar with the dangers of pesticides, and how especially when sold to developing countries, manufacturers are very irresponsible when it comes to educating farmers of the dangers and providing protective clothing, etc. Thousands of children in countries like India are turned in mental health cripples because of severe organophosphate exposure damaging their brains.

However, you argument seems to be that because bad things like this exist, therefore such bad things must have happened in the XMRV story. But that's a non sequitur.

Last edited:
Thanks. I believe it is possible, not that it must have happened. I definitely do not support hate speech, and do not want to see anyone tarred and feathered. I do not know anything about Dr. Lipkin other than the lawsuit of alleged sexual misconduct rhealm. Sorry to hear of your pesticide poisoning. I am curious, are you highly sensitive to toxins now? If so, which foods bother you?

Hip

I am curious, are you highly sensitive to toxins now? If so, which foods bother you?

Not really, I don't have any allergy or MCAS component to my ME/CFS; in fact after developing ME/CFS I actually lost my lifelong gluten intolerance, so that I can eat wheat now.

I was also hit with a viral infection not long after the pesticide poisoning. I think the virus is the main culprit, but it is possible the organophosphate exposure also played a role in triggering my ME/CFS, as a study in Scotland found 4 times the prevalence of ME/CFS among farmers regularly exposed to organophosphate though sheep dipping. It's pesticides and biotoxins (like mold or cyanobacteria) that are the toxins most linked to ME/CFS.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
It has been almost 2 years and haven’t seen the money return to the table. It could have been as I have been out of the loop. (Self preservation) It was sad when CIHR Foundation Grant Program got reduced in 2017 from $200 million to $125 million then $100 million, and transferred over to projects. Has any of that money been awarded or promised to ME/CFS? Cheers!

The current year has $70k (not a typo) for ME research.

CIHR announced about 6 weeks ago a 5 year funding grant for ME research...if the application is successful it will work out to about $280k per year.

If ME was funded equitably like MS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Epilepsy, it would be about $92 million annually based on prevalency. But CIHR gave themselves a good pat on the back for the $280k.

Not really, I don't have any allergy or MCAS component to my ME/CFS; in fact after developing ME/CFS I actually lost my lifelong gluten intolerance, so that I can eat wheat now.

I was also hit with a viral infection not long after the pesticide poisoning. I think the virus is the main culprit, but it is possible the organophosphate exposure also played a role in triggering my ME/CFS, as a study in Scotland found 4 times the prevalence of ME/CFS among farmers regularly exposed to organophosphate though sheep dipping. It's pesticides and biotoxins (like mold or cyanobacteria) that are the toxins most linked to ME/CFS.
Interesting some New Zealand pwME/CFS hit by sheepdip flu too.

The current year has $70k (not a typo) for ME research.

CIHR announced about 6 weeks ago a 5 year funding grant for ME research...if the application is successful it will work out to about $280k per year.

If ME was funded equitably like MS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Epilepsy, it would be about $92 million annually based on prevalency. But CIHR gave themselves a good pat on the back for the $280k.
That is only enough for one researcher on a shoestring budget with a microscope, how much do they hate us?

Riley

Natural News is reporting on issues that mainstream doesn’t dare
I don't want to be snarky, but there is a reason for this. The issues they report on are bogus, and a serious journalist is not going to report on stories that do not have facts to support them.

Yikes, it's way worse than I thought. Here are the most viewed stories at the moment:
Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_8.39.28_PM.png

YippeeKi YOW !!

But Natural News runs a lot of stories and campaigns that are dubious or wrongheaded.
I tend to regard Natural News as the Fox News of the herbal/vitamin supplement world: sometimes they do post content of general interest and value, with actual research to back it up, but they also have to keep feeding red meat to their subscribers, sooooo.....

YippeeKi YOW !!

That is only enough for one researcher on a shoestring budget with a microscope, how much do they hate us?
It's not that they hate us, they just don;t give a shite .... especially when there are far more 'sexy' areas in which to put research dollars, usually backed up by BugPharma and responsive to those interests ....

Last edited:

Wally

This is the most recent interview given by Dr. Mikovits, which is listed on her Plague the Book website.
http://plaguethebook.com/tue-12-3-19-santa-barbara-forum-vaccines-science-vs-corruption/

FYI - Dr. Mikovits and Kent Heckenlively have written a second book titled “Plague of Corruption” (their first book was titled “Plague, which was released in Nov. 2014.). According to their website at http://plaguethebook.com/, pre-orders for the second Plague book, which is scheduled for release on March, 3, 2020, are currently being accepted. (Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Plague-Corru...ks+plague+of+corruption&qid=1581473773&sr=8-1, is showing that the book will be available for sale on 4/14/2020.)

Hip

The fake news Mikovits has been pumping out during the pandemic includes:
“We don’t need a vaccine,” proclaimed Dr. Judy Mikovits, a controversial former chronic fatigue researcher who now frequently makes anti-vaccine claims, in an April 15 YouTube video with more than 80,000 views. “All you have to do is have a healthy immune system.”
Source: here

That single statement alone indicates that Mikovits has zero scientific credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Learner1

I'm not sure that's the best article to cite @Hip It just stirs the pot. It's a mashup of a number of topics, crackpots and not, and hard to rsee the forest for the trees.

I sure like the idea of separating out an immunocompromised group.😇 All the talk I'm hearing leaves us home for the rest of our lives. There's got to be another solution. Plasma antibodies, anyone?

And, from what I've seen, the focus on Vitamin C, hyperbaric oxygen chambers, healthy eating and virtuous living has merit. Along with vitamin D, zinc, and glutathione. And ozone.

I also think the current US vaccine schedule of 68 or so vaccines is a bit ridiculous and risks done children's future. But I do think that a COVID-19 had merit, as do other vaccines. It's not as black and white as people make it.

As for Mikovits, I think she did some good work and then there was a massive campaign to discredit her and she's a bit bitter these days. But I don't know for sure. Do you?

pamojja

As for Mikovits, I think she did some good work and then there was a massive campaign to discredit her and she's a bit bitter these days. But I don't know for sure. Do you?

Just listen to the video @Wayne posted. For all she's been through, still with humor, and thinks only forgiveness will pave the way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.