• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of various recent interviews with Judy Mikovits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iknovate

I was hoping for some more intelligent responses, particularly from anyone who has actually read the account by Kent Heckenlively in Plague.

dannybex

I was hoping for some more intelligent responses, particularly from anyone who has actually read the account by Kent Heckenlively in Plague.

The entire hypothesis of that book has been debunked many, many times over the years.

Please note that even Mikovits admitted a couple of months ago that she's been 'confused for the last 10 years'.

Last edited by a moderator:

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Iknovate
Yeah. What he said.

Too tired to trot out a clever rephrasing of @dannybex 's post, but it says pretty much what I would if I werent circling the drain right now and in profound need of a little lie down.

Mikovits is a deep and twisty tale, and I just haven;t got the strength for it.

We all believe in what we chose to believe, and while I can't agree with you, I 'll respect your right to whatever beliefs help get you thru ..... Lord knows, we all need them ....

Which is why we have Flat Earthers and people who still cook like Paula Deane ....

It's clear you've put some thought and time into this ...

Rock on ....

dannybex

Mikovits is a deep and twisty tale, and I just haven;t got the strength for it.

Neither do I, so this is my last post on the subject. All I can say is if one really wants the truth about any subject, one needs to be open to reading and hearing both sides. There are dozens if not hundreds of posts on this topic over the last 9 years on PR, which can easily be found in a search. A couple dozen are probably from me, but they explain in detail why Mikovits' hypothesis (that 'they' stopped her because she found 'the truth) is just nonsense.

Over and out. ;)

Iknovate

The entire hypothesis of that book has been debunked many, many times over the years.

Please note that even Mikovits admitted a couple of months ago that she's been 'confused for the last 10 years'.
Thank you for being transparent in your stand.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I did not read the thread but as far as I am informed Mikovit's xmrv finding could not be replicated by any other research group or lab. I hear you when you say we only have theories... But this one might not be one of the most convincing theories?!

It was replicated by two US government labs, but the CDC withheld the results, "to not confuse people".

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Ah! A conspiracy of the US government! I knew it... Do you have a source?

I have very good memory. I've Google'd the best I could and can't find those.

Sorry this is interesting bc I take Cistus 52 (for some reason) and if we all get ripped off by the US... THEN I WANT TO KNOW THAT!!!

I'm following all of Judy's recommendations, including Cistus, and experiencing very significant improvements.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I have very good memory. I've Google'd the best I could and can't find those.

I'm following all of Judy's recommendations, including Cistus, and experiencing very significant improvements.
I'm really happy when I hear that someone improves (whatever it takes to improve... Also Mikovit's recommendations, if you like… Given the length of the thread I think this topic is already "overdiscussed" so I make a full stop here.

dannybex

That's a very good point. So after reading Judy's account in Plague, are you still so angry with her?
She's been lying through her teeth for over twelve years. That fact has been well documented in this thread and many others, and on other sites as well.

But you make a good point, which reinforces my earlier post where I said this was my last post on the subject. I need to let go of my anger, as it's only hurting myself and getting in the way of my healing. So I thank you for that.

And so having said that, this is indeed my last post ever on Judy Mikovits. As Martin and others have said, full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.