• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Belbyr

I wonder if this is new and improved modeling or the same modeling they have had since 2012-ish

junkcrap50

I wonder if this is new and improved modeling or the same modeling they have had since 2012-ish
It's an updated model with more variables and complexities added. Same basic idea, but with more data in it to create a more robust and complete model. In the paper, they say their next step is to add hormones such as estradiol, estrogen, testosterone, LH, FSH, etc. to improve it even more and model more aspects of CFS dysfunction.

But the importance of this paper is that they finally tested it "officially" (published a paper about it) and proved it was predictive for both at rest (pre-exercise) and post-exercise. It's also new that it indicated why Ampligen and Rapamycin only partially works.

southwestforests

Think I shall save the article and watch this thread.
Yep. Same here. It may be a function of concentration, which is exertion. Focusing or concentrating for me elicits PEM, and I would suggest both are forms of exertion, but not exercise.
There are times that simply sticking 2 model parts together was 5 more parts than my body and/or brain were up to.