• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is your worst fatigue in the morning too?

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I feel usually quite good in the morning until i am really "awake". Then the Symptoms usually get worse progressively.

I usually feel Most horrid between 10-15 o clock and then after 15:00 i start Feeling better again.

:)

My energy is definitely better in the morning, even after a night of particularly unrefreshing sleep.

I experience peaks and troughs throughout the day. However, I don’t use wearables and I’m not very self-aware in terms of monitoring myself.

I think that I should keep a diary to see if I can identify any patterns that might help me to pace better.

Wishful

I think that I should keep a diary to see if I can identify any patterns that might help me to pace better.
My food/activity/symptoms journal has been very useful for identifying problem foods and activities, and several things that helped me (once I figured out what was helping). Human memory is too infallible for this task.

My journal has led me to discover some real surprises "<That> makes me feel worse???" "<That activity> gives me insomnia 12 hrs later?? Eating an egg counteracts that insomnia trigger???"

Thank you for that insight, Wishful.

I can spot things that are glaringly obvious, such as someone operating a pressure washer outside when listening to music full blast.

However, it hadn’t occurred to me to go smaller and look for the nuances.

I’ll give your suggestion a go. Do you use anything specific, or just a daily journal with extra space for notes?

Dysfunkion

I also have a journal personally (not the one on here, though I should update that now and then) and when I find a connection between a couple things I didn't notice before I log it down.

Wishful

Do you use anything specific, or just a daily journal with extra space for notes?
Nothing specific, just paper to write stuff down on. My initial notes were on random small pieces of paper; then I moved to old computer printout paper, which is held on a clipboard. Sadly, this results in the pages getting quite dirty, so it's really not the easiest system for looking back over records. Also, I used shorthand that made sense at the time, but now is a mystery. However, if I made the system too complex and thus inconvenient, I wouldn't use it. So, figure out what works for you.

Violeta

Is this actually a symptom of myalgic encephalomyelitis?
The name “myalgic encephalomyelitis” essentially means “muscle pain related to central nervous system inflammation” and many efforts to find diagnostic biomarkers have focused on one or more aspects of neuroinflammation, from periphery to brain.

Neuroinflammation and Cytokines in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A Critical Review of Research Methods​

Michael B. VanElzakker,* Sydney A. Brumfield, and Paula S. Lara Mejia

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...ly,neuroinflammation, from periphery to brain.

Wishful

I thought about my "hard to look stuff up in" record keeping on old computer paper, and while I was at a dollar store, I picked up a cheap notebook with lined paper, and covers to keep the dust/spills/etc off. I should have done that years ago.