• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
I would definitely say that subcut is pretty effective, ie I had the same reaction as by IV.

This concurs with my observations too. IM feels exactly the same as IV (and a lot less faff).

I inject IM with a 0.5ml insulin needle.

lobba123

I inject IM with a 0.5ml insulin needle.

but you change the needle or take the injection in a particular muscles area?

they told me that a long needle is needed to reach muscles and insulin needle is just too short and makes it subc only

CindyWillis

girlinthesnow,

Great!!!!! can you tell us where you are getting yr gcmaf? it helps to keep track of these things.

is anyone doing the BGLI except Cindy and lou? Cindy, how are you doing lately on gcmaf?

rrrr

I wanted to get on the website and report back as to how my husband and I are doing on GCMAF and some other things. My husband is completely cured after 8 shots. We also did something else that really helped that I will talk about later in my posts. First, my husband. He took 8 shots along with another thing and is completely well now. All he continues to take is Cheney's cell signaling factors as Cheney and Dr. Sharp recommend continuing those long after completely well. My husband puts in 12 hour days and does intensive exercise for 1.5 hours a day either lifting weights, running uphill, eliptical or running intervals. He just got a bike for long distance bike riding.

I am 80% well and back to my normal 70-80 hour weeks for the past 6 weeks. I am still taking GCMAF since I am not completely well yet. I have had to work hard during the weeks with reports and trials due but on the weekend, I take mutaflor that for some reason puts me sound asleep so I sleep for 14-18 hour either Saturday or Sunday to catch up on my sleep since I really need 9 hours and during the hard weeks am only getting 6-7 hours a night. I obviously would be getting completely well sooner if I had not had such a hard work schedule for the past 6 weeks.

I went off of GcMAF for two weeks saince I couldn't get it in early February and relapsed. I have been on it since then and am doing better each week. I did one other thing which moved me from 55 hour weeks to 80 hour weeks. I went to see Linda Wallace and so did my husband. He quickly became 100% well from 85% in two weeks and I went from only doing a 55 hour week at most to 80 hours being okay in two weeks. This is the healer that another Phoenix Rising senior member (Mike Dessen sp?) went to see who healed him. I know this is controversial but I would be wrong to not talk about what finally moved us way up the ladder to well for my husband and 80% for me.

I went to see her and told her I had CFS and then she told me where any previous injuries were in my body. She told me that I had hurt my knee. I had hurt this from karate in college and a she told me I had a recent injury to my neck. This had happened two hours before the appointment from from reaching too far to get my luggage on the plane and it was too heavy and I had gotten a stinger in my neck (you know where it turns numb etc.)

She then proceeded to treat me which consisted of me laying down on a table fully clothed and her sitting next to me. I don't remember her even touching me but in the begining she asked me to breathe deeply and exhale. I fell asleep and woke up 2.5 hours later a totally different person. My authentic self from when I was 3 years old with all trauma and hurts etc. issues removed. I was like a shinny new penny. Her teacher Fred Payne said to me that 40% of your energy comes from the food you eat and 60% comes from some other source. By clearing up your emotional blocks (and I didn't have all that many) you get more access to the 60% that is available to you. All I know is that I left there thinking that this was the most powerful form of medicine that I had ever encountered. She also treated my husband and I am married to a different man now. I am a different person now. It is worth a shot. She is in Columbus Ohio and will want to do the first session in person and then every 3-8 weeks thereafter, she treats over the phone. Those two and a half hours while I slept did more for me than anything has ever done for me in my entire life. My husband said the same thing.

I am still taking GcMAF but can see that I will not need to take it much longer. I have had no relapses other than the two weeks that I couldn't get it. I did work an all nighter two weeks ago and then had to work the entire next day and was very tired and worked the next couple days only 8 hours from home rather than drive in so that was a relapse as well. However, what do you expect when you do something like that.

My stomach is still a mess. Swollen and I am limited to no dairy and no gluten and no sugar and even without eating these things it is still swollen and hurting 24 hours a day. I am going to start Cheney's gut protocol again this week and have a call with Dr. Sharp to take care of what I need to do next. So glad to see everyone talking about it since I may see the nutritionist everyone is talking about.

I am glad the nightmare is almost over. I credit the GcMAF, Linda Wallace, artesunate, cell signaling factors and diet in that order. I hope in three weeks to be almost completely well. Every since the GcMAF shots and the Linda Wallace visit, things have been moving extremely fast for me.

Prolotherapy

Cindy, is this the prolotherapy technique or something else? Also, do you take anything else for sleep, and did you or your husband know your VDR BSM and FOK polymorphisms? Many thanks in advance.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I wanted to get on the website and report back as to how my husband and I are doing on GCMAF and some other things. My husband is completely cured after 8 shots. We also did something else that really helped that I will talk about later in my posts. First, my husband. He took 8 shots along with another thing and is completely well now. All he continues to take is Cheney's cell signaling factors as Cheney and Dr. Sharp recommend continuing those long after completely well. My husband puts in 12 hour days and does intensive exercise for 1.5 hours a day either lifting weights, running uphill, eliptical or running intervals. He just got a bike for long distance bike riding.

I am 80% well and back to my normal 70-80 hour weeks for the past 6 weeks. I am still taking GCMAF since I am not completely well yet. I have had to work hard during the weeks with reports and trials due but on the weekend, I take mutaflor that for some reason puts me sound asleep so I sleep for 14-18 hour either Saturday or Sunday to catch up on my sleep since I really need 9 hours and during the hard weeks am only getting 6-7 hours a night. I obviously would be getting completely well sooner if I had not had such a hard work schedule for the past 6 weeks.

I went off of GcMAF for two weeks saince I couldn't get it in early February and relapsed. I have been on it since then and am doing better each week. I did one other thing which moved me from 55 hour weeks to 80 hour weeks. I went to see Linda Wallace and so did my husband. He quickly became 100% well from 85% in two weeks and I went from only doing a 55 hour week at most to 80 hours being okay in two weeks. This is the healer that another Phoenix Rising senior member (Mike Dessen sp?) went to see who healed him. I know this is controversial but I would be wrong to not talk about what finally moved us way up the ladder to well for my husband and 80% for me.

I went to see her and told her I had CFS and then she told me where any previous injuries were in my body. She told me that I had hurt my knee. I had hurt this from karate in college and a she told me I had a recent injury to my neck. This had happened two hours before the appointment from from reaching too far to get my luggage on the plane and it was too heavy and I had gotten a stinger in my neck (you know where it turns numb etc.)

She then proceeded to treat me which consisted of me laying down on a table fully clothed and her sitting next to me. I don't remember her even touching me but in the begining she asked me to breathe deeply and exhale. I fell asleep and woke up 2.5 hours later a totally different person. My authentic self from when I was 3 years old with all trauma and hurts etc. issues removed. I was like a shinny new penny. Her teacher Fred Payne said to me that 40% of your energy comes from the food you eat and 60% comes from some other source. By clearing up your emotional blocks (and I didn't have all that many) you get more access to the 60% that is available to you. All I know is that I left there thinking that this was the most powerful form of medicine that I had ever encountered. She also treated my husband and I am married to a different man now. I am a different person now. It is worth a shot. She is in Columbus Ohio and will want to do the first session in person and then every 3-8 weeks thereafter, she treats over the phone. Those two and a half hours while I slept did more for me than anything has ever done for me in my entire life. My husband said the same thing.

I am still taking GcMAF but can see that I will not need to take it much longer. I have had no relapses other than the two weeks that I couldn't get it. I did work an all nighter two weeks ago and then had to work the entire next day and was very tired and worked the next couple days only 8 hours from home rather than drive in so that was a relapse as well. However, what do you expect when you do something like that.

My stomach is still a mess. Swollen and I am limited to no dairy and no gluten and no sugar and even without eating these things it is still swollen and hurting 24 hours a day. I am going to start Cheney's gut protocol again this week and have a call with Dr. Sharp to take care of what I need to do next. So glad to see everyone talking about it since I may see the nutritionist everyone is talking about.

I am glad the nightmare is almost over. I credit the GcMAF, Linda Wallace, artesunate, cell signaling factors and diet in that order. I hope in three weeks to be almost completely well. Every since the GcMAF shots and the Linda Wallace visit, things have been moving extremely fast for me.
80% well and do 70-80 hours a week? is that work 70-80 hours a week wow. I would struggle to do 40 hours a week at 80%. I think alot of people would struggle to do 70-80 hours a week at 100%. WHat sort of work or activity are you talking about, maybe have our wires crossed somewhere. glad u and your husband are doing so well, gives everyone alot of faith and encouragement.

cheers!!!!

mojoey

I just heard from a KDM patient who tested as a high responder to gcmaf. After over 20 injections, her C4a has shot up to 10,000. Despite it having been 4 months since her last injection, she is now sicker than she's ever been.

Pretty discouraging, I have to say, at least as far as the accuracy of redlabs' predictive testing is concerned.

Charles555nc

Hey guys I just found some interesting information:

MAF means macrophage activating factor, as you already know. Reishi and maitake mushrooms are also listed as able to activate macrophages and other blood components. I did a dogpile search and found alot of websites listing "Activates macrophages" in the description of those two mushrooms, but mostly reishi mushrooms. Maybe everyone could look it up themselves and see if we can find something more official.

CindyWillis

Hi Cindy, It may be a coincidence too, but I developed vitiligo a few weeks after finishing the treatment with accutane. A couple of years later I developed CFS. I don't thing it is coincidence. I just posted about this:

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showth...-Straight-Talk&p=165969&viewfull=1#post165969

Can you tell me more about the action suit going on about accutane?

I think i am developing more acne too with gcMAF...Normally i don't have acne if i don't take chocolate...Now I have a bit, like if i were taking it, but i am not...So probably is a good sign! :)

Thanks,
Sergio

Unfortunately, I do not know much about the class action suit other than the fact that it was advertised on TV agressively for a while. Look it up on the web and see if you find the law firm sponsoring the lawsuit. I have to take Loradtadine twice a day for the IRIS from GcMAF and still have skin reactions on my shoulders, face (chin and around nose) and a coulple on my legs. God help me if I miss a dose of Loradtadine, I get big ones that are like a boil. Sometimes I end up working really late and notice that even taking the dose late in the evening can cause the flare ups from GcMAF. I just take it twice a day and live with the small ones that still occur.

CindyWillis

Hi guys! I am new to the blog but i am also on GcMaf and wanted to share my results so far.
i got my first shot on Feb 7 immediately after which i had a week long headache. After my 3rd shot i noticed i am having much more energy than i usually would have, my neck is extremely sore and this is when my back also started hurting - it feels like it's burning. after my 4th shot i had fever, not sure why but my back was so sore and hot i thought it was because of that. if you touch anywhere from neck to my waist then you can feel a lot of heat - my back and neck are burning! did anyone experienced anything like that? after 4th shot i also have too much energy - i am not used to have so much energy! i sleep only 4-5 hours at night and then wake up fully recharged and trying to occupy myself with something not to wake up anyone. At first i thought i might have insomnia but after talking to my doctor he suggested that it is simply due to higher energy levels so this is all the sleep my body needs these days. Before taking GcMaf i needed at least 12 hour sleep and i was not expecting for GcMaf to work this quick or have such effect. i didn't have any official blood work yet, my doctor keeps calling me asking to run the full set but i am scared - i just hope all my energy is for real and not just my mental state! i am afraid i will run my blood test and it will say that nothing has changed. I will update with my results at the end of this week but so far i am feeling much better than just few short weeks ago!

My husband had to put heat packs on his back the entire time he took GcMAF. He had extremely bad back pain from taking it. We finally found that the Capsaicin Hot patch from Walgreens helped the most. He used to put it on daily for relief. I never had back pain but certainly had muscle and bone pain and headaches and the bottoms of my feet would hurt the first several days after my shots. However, the results were worth the body pains it causes.

floydguy

I just heard from a KDM patient who tested as a high responder to gcmaf. After over 20 injections, her C4a has shot up to 10,000. Despite it having been 4 months since her last injection, she is now sicker than she's ever been.

Pretty discouraging, I have to say, at least as far as the accuracy of redlabs' predictive testing is concerned.

Hi Joey,

Curious about KDM monitoring C4a. Has he established any kind of relationship with C4a and getting better? What else is he monitoring? Sorry maybe this info is in the 120 pages of posts somewhere but I am not really following this thread that much.

Andrew

CindyWillis

Looking at that very helpful spread sheet recording responses so far, it jumps out that the two using BGLI report strongly positive responses, while most of those using KDM have much more mixed results--some good effects, but also downs as well as ups, etc. Are both the BGLI users Cheney patients, and are their results partly the result of other Cheney black or white magic? The sample size, especially of the BGLI users, is very very small--this is not and cannot be a statistically "powerful" study--but does anyone else have a comment on this?

I write as one who is not only a grateful and enthralled reader of the reports so far, but also as one who hopes to try Cheney's protocol later under a doctor in Vancouver who has been working with Cheney. Best wishes and thanks to all reporting, Chris
T

I am one of the BGLI that uses Dr. Sharp who also works with Dr. Cheney. I have to admit that I think some of the improvement is the other "black or white magic" as you call it. I find great boosts from the cell signaling factors that cause my system to fight viruses instead of only fighting bacteria. After I take the cell signaling factors, I feel a large energy boost for three hours. If I do not take the cell signaling factors for a couple days, I notice I go downhill a bit. However, I take the AM at 4pm and the PM at 1am. I also take the inosine and B12 shots and the magnesium and the L-Glutamine and the iG 2000 (sp?) daily and I forget all the other stuff. Plus I take things to help my liver and kidneys and adrenals from Dr. Sharp. Also, both my husband and I have taken an antidepressant the entire time since the depression and mood swings that come with being deathly ill were too much stress and we felt that bad emotions were keeping us from getting well quicker. An antidepressant also cut down on the excitability of the nervous system, giving us some rest. It is hard to relax when you are very sick and don't know if you will ever get better or not. We have both gotten off the antidepressants over time by gradually cutting the dosage every couple weeks once we turned the corner.

CindyWillis

The BGLI patients that are under Cheney are also doing it sublingually which dents the immune response to the content. This count be why they're not having as hard of a time?

I have been taking it via IV and started at 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and then 100% thereafter so I avoided a lot of the horrible problems with taking too much the first time. This is what Cheney recommends along with the anti-histimine. I have heard that he advises it sublingually but my husband and I both choose to take it via IV after researching how others were taking it. Around the 60% dose, I still couldn't get out of bed during the weekend with a high fever and hurt all over. 80% was much worse and after several at 100%, the reactions started to get much better.

CindyWillis

Cindy, is this the prolotherapy technique or something else? Also, do you take anything else for sleep, and did you or your husband know your VDR BSM and FOK polymorphisms? Many thanks in advance.

I looked up prolotherapy and it wasn't that. GcMAF is a drug that revs your immune system to treat anything viral related. Linda is a healer that heals without touching you. I take klonopin (sp?) to sleep 20 mg before bedtime. We did not have them checked since I didn't want to take the time. As soon as we knew GcMAF was available, my husband and I both researched it heavily and Dr. Cheney was giving it to his patients so I started.

mojoey

Hey Andrew,

I believe C4a and C3a are both part of his baseline tests, along with the cytokine panel

Hi Joey,

Curious about KDM monitoring C4a. Has he established any kind of relationship with C4a and getting better? What else is he monitoring? Sorry maybe this info is in the 120 pages of posts somewhere but I am not really following this thread that much.

Andrew

CindyWillis

80% well and do 70-80 hours a week? is that work 70-80 hours a week wow. I would struggle to do 40 hours a week at 80%. I think alot of people would struggle to do 70-80 hours a week at 100%. WHat sort of work or activity are you talking about, maybe have our wires crossed somewhere. glad u and your husband are doing so well, gives everyone alot of faith and encouragement.

cheers!!!!

Sorry about the confusion. In an earlier post, I explained that I have worked a 70-80 hour week for the past 30 years. It is something that runs in my family so that is our normal. Before I was sick, I could work much longer hours if I needed to. However, now I max out at 80 hours until I am better. I know it isn't smart to work the hours I used to work until I am completely well. However, I had a lot of deadlines and trials and so had to. Now that they are mostly over, I will hopefully be able to switch back to 60 hours for the next three weeks. I am in the legal profession so I do desk work and computer work and travel a week a month. I also am so happy about the effects of GcMAF and Linda Wallace as well as the new artesunate from China as it seems better than the previous version from California.

insearchof

Sorry about the confusion. In an earlier post, I explained that I have worked a 70-80 hour week for the past 30 years. It is something that runs in my family so that is our normal. Before I was sick, I could work much longer hours if I needed to. However, now I max out at 80 hours until I am better. I know it isn't smart to work the hours I used to work until I am completely well. However, I had a lot of deadlines and trials and so had to. Now that they are mostly over, I will hopefully be able to switch back to 60 hours for the next three weeks. I am in the legal profession so I do desk work and computer work and travel a week a month. I also am so happy about the effects of GcMAF and Linda Wallace as well as the new artesunate from China as it seems better than the previous version from California.

Cindy, can I ask why you are taking artesunate and GcMaf? I have never heard doctors prescribing either substance for a case of chronic fatigue, which is what I understand Dr Sharpe diagnosed you with.....( fatigue after a bout of swine flu) so I am thinking I must have missed something?

filfla4

I thought I would update you with my progress.

I was tested by KDM in November (xmrv+ by serology, negative by culture/pcr) and started his treatment protocol in January: GcMAF, Nexavir, Antibiotics, Probiotics, VitB12 injections, Chlorella, Calcium, Magnesium, Mesazaline and Creon. In November I cut out all dairy and in January I started the Christine Tobback very stringent diet. Since November I have lost 17kgs in weight (which is excellent news for me as I had put on a lot of weight over the years) and hope to continue losing weight. My energy levels are much better. When I started the treatment in January, I put myself at 40% on the Bell Disability Scale. I would now consider myself to be at around 70% !!!! I cannot attribute this to one thing or another, ie it is not JUST the GcMAF or JUST the diet or even JUST the antibiotics. I really think it is the full treatment protocol that has helped me to improve to this extent. I haven't had a low-grade fever in ages (which was always a hallmark with me) and this week I have my first cold but am still coping to deal with the demands of a young family!!! At the same time, my stomach problems have improved enormously and I am soooo much more comfortable!! I still need to pace myself and the pains in my limbs are still there if I do too much. I feel that exercise is still not an option but I am walking longer distances and I certainly don't feel as though I'm dragging myself around any more - I have a jump in my step!!!

leela

fiflfla, this is great news! Thank you for infusing us with the hope and happiness that is carried in your update :)

CindyWillis

Cindy, can I ask why you are taking artesunate and GcMaf? I have never heard doctors prescribing either substance for a case of chronic fatigue, which is what I understand Dr Sharpe diagnosed you with.....( fatigue after a bout of swine flu) so I am thinking I must have missed something?

This is Dr. Cheney's protocol for Chronic Fatigue and he works with Dr. Sharp who is the Dr. I see. GcMAF revs the immune system and artesunate fights the virus. Cheney recommends using the GcMAF and using artesunate as well to fight the virus. It works and my understanding is that there are others on this forum who use GcMAF and Nexavir.

Back