• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

lobba123

hbv is a very good thing to look at from cfs and hiv i think, it is a retrovirus (not really a dna virus like though), it starts as rna virus in blood but replicates inside liver cells by dna.
the big difference with cfs and hiv is that hbv has no effect on immune system, it just blocks immune response aginst him but the rest of immune system works perfectly

so like for hbv i dont suggest to look at pcr to quantificate a virus, it does not, pcr just give an idea of viral replication but life cycle of viruses, especially retroviruses, can go on inside the cells and replicate with the cells with nothing in the blood

Thanks Sushi. I notice Cansado on this board had no effects from the GcMAF and did not improve after 38 weeks, so I thought maybe some exacerbation was a positive sign...

Forebearance

Hi Daffodil!

I took 1/10th of a dose at first, and it caused a lot of inflammation. It basically felt like all my CFS symptoms were worse. For example, my reactivity to mold toxins went way up. So I was miserable.

It was just too big of a dose for me. The next time I took 1/100th of a standard dose, and that was perfect. It had slight, bearable side effects, which is as good as someone as touchy as me is going to get. It allowed me to keep taking it and to get some benefits from it.

I think it's fabulous that you are getting no noticeable side effects! That is what is supposed to happen, as I understand it. Now time will show if you get some benefits from it. My fingers are crossed for you.

Forebearance's

thanks forebearance. could you please tell me what happened when you took gcmaf? how much did you take?

thank you

Daffodil

took 3 doses of hepapressin and gcmaf so far and notice today a little fluish feeling..throat a little scratchy etc.

Daffodil

hi all. i have a question... i have low 25 vitamin D but high 1,25 vitamin D. i know this is common with chronic disease, but what does it mean with respect to supplementation while on gcmaf? my doctor told me to just take 1000 u's if i wanted....but i am not sure he knew about these test results when he said that.
this website talks about low 25 D and high 1,25 D:

https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5380

"Our data show that active 1,25D hormone may be elevated, even with a low level of 25D substrate because of the inflamed macrophages hyperactive conversion to the active hormone. In sarcoidosis, for example, this dysregulated vitamin D conversion can mean that even a moderate intake of vitamin D through ingestion or solar exposure can cause the 1,25D hormone to become high enough to stimulate osteoclastic action, and bone resorption. Data presented here suggest that this extra-renal synthesis of 1,25D is more widespread than previously thought and because it leads to vitamin D hypersensitivity, has important implications for research, diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease."

are they saying its better not to supplement in this case?

thanks for any suggestions...

xoxo
s

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
hi all. i have a question... i have low 25 vitamin D but high 1,25 vitamin D. i know this is common with chronic disease, but what does it mean with respect to supplementation while on gcmaf? my doctor told me to just take 1000 u's if i wanted....but i am not sure he knew about these test results when he said that.
this website talks about low 25 D and high 1,25 D:

My ratio of 25 & 1,25 was like yours before GcMAF but normalized after a couple of months of GcMAF. I was told not to supplement and I didn't.

Sushi

Ronan

So I have another cold... sigh. Colds are literally dominating my entire life, if I don't have one I'm terrified of getting one. This time of year I have a cold every 2-3 weeks, and when I say a Cold is usually it involves 3-4 days in bed feeling terrible and then another week after to get rid of it totally.

I was wondering today though how I would even be able to tell the difference between a Cold and an Inflammatory response? Are they similar in terms of symptoms or are their ways to distinguish between the two?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was wondering today though how I would even be able to tell the difference between a Cold and an Inflammatory response? Are they similar in terms of symptoms or are their ways to distinguish between the two?

Hi Ronan,

Good question!

Did you used to get colds before GcMAF? In other words, is this a change, or same old...?

If it is a change, why not email your doctor and ask if it could be an inflammatory response. Mine didn't take that route, but bodies are infinitely clever at making us miserable.

Hope this one flies away soon. Any way you could could get an FIR sauna treatment to help it on its way?

Best wishes,
Sushi

Ronan

Just the same, the last 4/5 years the Colds have been rampent so I don't think it's anything to do with GcMAF. Although I did have a 6 weeks thing before Xmas that at the time I thought was a cold that wouldn't go away but looking back now it was probably an inflammatory response. It was never a full blown Cold that had me stuck in the bed.

I had a look at the Far Infrared Sauna's but they are very expensive. If I knew it would help me a lot I would buy one but I'm worried it will just be another thing I spend money on that does nothing for me.

baccarat

A cold in my mind is mainly a respiratory thing in symptoms. If I don't get a congested nose, acute sore throat or cough than it's not a cold.
If the symptoms tend to cycle, flare and subside and there's some kind of pattern, than it's another clue that it's unlikely to be a cold.

Daffodil

i would like to be part of a gcmaf group that has some activity on it. is this possible?

thank you
xoxo

Daffodil

ok thanks sushi. you seem to be one of the few who responds to this thread. you have been a lifesaver!

CindyWillis

ok thanks sushi. you seem to be one of the few who responds to this thread. you have been a lifesaver!

I thought this reply that was on another GCMAF posting was interesting for those following this one to read. See below:
A Successful XMRV / MLV - Therapy

My first visit with Dr. Kenny DeMeirleir (KDM) in Brussels, then in the Vrieje University, took place on 12.12.2005. After a brief review of the findings and a handful of questions, expressed KDM ". I know what you have, I can help them, that you feel better, but I can not make you healthy," We are talking now in German, previously had I have reported in English: "I have it all my life." confirmed the contents of this remark KDM end of 2009. After Bell's scale, my energy level was about 30%. Subjectively, I felt like a living corpse.

Overall, I was in the meantime (until 30/08/2011) twenty times, so about every three months, in Brussels.

In October 2010, "MLV related virus" identified from EDTA whole blood. In December 2010 a new sample XMRV.

End of November 2010 began a weekly IV injection of 100 nanograms of GcMAF. From September 2011 on a monthly basis and this was just as SC instead I.V. changed.

With each injection, my condition improved considerably. Regarding XMRV and MLV related virus, I can now probably be considered "healthy." Maybe in the long term, inasmuch as the previously 7 - year experience in HIV GcMAF for XMRV / MLV are transferable.

The treatment was carried out first along a "chronic disease of the innate immune system dysfunction," including the appropriate number of deficiencies (such as natural killer cells) and limit values ??are exceeded, for example, the expressed in IgM's against intestinal bacteria in the peripheral blood. Inter alia, the control of fungal infection, intestinal bacteria and a negative offset deficits by taking food supplements resulted in a very slow improvement. An observed by significant others began a durable improvement in the daily injection of 2 ml Nexavir from April 2007.

The largest proportion of the laboratory analysis, including MLV and XMRV, was made by RedLabs in Brussels.

With the responsible laboratory director, a German biologist accidentally, I stood for months in regular e-mail and telephone contact. Not only blood but also saliva, urine and semen were analyzed at my request in February 2011 (all negative). It had taken months for the laboratory manager with the assistance of Judy Miskovits from Whittemore - Peterson Institute was able to release the testing. The tests designed to be extremely difficult

After a blood sample from 24.05.2011 to my Nagalasewert is in the normal range. 30.08.1011 For the second one is expected Nagalasewert. GcMAF seems to be in my case, the key to recovery. Seems, however, been a weak allergic reaction unnoticed against a titanium implant to have been strengthened in late 2010 and has forced its removal.

Very likely in my case XMRV and MLV were a necessary prerequisite for my health decline. Born in 1943, had to resign after several ich1993 working time reductions of a fascinating career. 1997 completion of compulsory teaching as a lecturer and application for disability pension.

I consider myself to be healthy for the first time in my life. What restrictions may remain permanently or sporadically, can show only the future.

I probably owe Kenny DMeirleirs diagnostic and therapeutic abilities of my life.

My anonymity is certainly easy to unmask. In the interest of all concerned health professional and I go this risk. I appreciate it when my need for anonymity - respecting - even for health reasons. This text can only be either fully or in part, be taken with full citation of sources.

Berlin, 25.09.2011

hi all. can anyone tell me if nausea is a common symptom while on gcmaf? thanks!

Hi Daff,
I had very bad nausea at 50ng. Slight nausea in the a.m. at 20ng dose that went away after eating. This seems to have subsided...took a month or so to go away. Maybe try decreasing your dose until nausea is gone, then try to increase later if you can. I've been on it for 5 mos now and doing ok. No improvements yet, but no IRIS to speak of that can't be alleviated with a benedryl and lots of quercetin. Good luck!

Daffodil

thanks a lot klm.

i have done 4 gcmaf shots so far. dreading typing this and hate even hoping because nothing ever lasts...but i am feeling better. some more endurance on some days. just...something is better, hard to explain.

one day i had a doctors appt....dr. enlander recommended sinus drainage but this doctor wanted me to do abx/nasal spray/neti pot for a month. after the appt, instead of crawling home, i went to the mall (in freezing weather too). it felt so incredible to be out, that i shopped for almost 5 hrs and carried heavy bags. i felt horrible. my chest ached and i was sick for many days afterwards. but i stayed out of the house for 8 hrs total. for a short while, it was like old times - like 20 yrs ago. i dont think i would have ever had the incling to do such a thing if not for the GcMAF.

on several brain MRI's over the years, there has been evidence of significant sinusitis. no doctor ever did anything about it so i always assumed it was part of my whole head being inflamed. even a prominent manhattan ENT doctor didnt suggest drainage...but i wonder if it would really help me.

i never feel like i am getting enough air and i cant taste things too well anymore, but its so hard to know if its related to the CFS or not.....the symptoms are slow to worsen over time...i cant even remember if i was like this before.

xoxo