• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

leela

Then again, flooding a space of "generally bad" or "lack of good" (like after ABX) bacteria with "generally good" ones,
is better than none at all,IMO, even if you can't be really specific.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Apparently, we can only culture 1% of the known bacteria. With this knowledge, it's possible the dysbiosis tests may not be very helpful, IMO.

The latest technology being used to identify bacteria is individual genome sequencing of the bacteria, know as the microbiome.

Hopefully, soon this technology will be commercially available and we can better match probiotics and antifungals etc.

Hi Global Pilot,

Is this test using the technology you are speaking of--this is the one I had recently:

http://www.redlabs.be/red-labs/our-tests/intestinal-dysfunction-assays.php

A new, state of the art procedure for stool microbial population analysis is now available at RED Laboratories. Our metagenomics stool analysis provides a complete overview of bacterial populations present in a stool sample, including aerobes, anaerobes, and bacterial species which cannot be analyzed by traditional culture techniques.

We use the following assays to investigate intestinal dysfunction:

Metagenomics stool analysis
IgA/IgM against intestinal bacteria
Lactase deficiency assay
METAGENOMICS STOOL ANALYSIS

...We have developed and validated a new procedure to analyze bacterial populations in a stool sample. This state the art procedure is based on 16s PCR amplification followed by high-throughput sequencing. It provides an comprehensive overview of all bacterial species, including those that could previously not be analyzed by traditional culture techniques.

Daffodil

can someone please tell me if there is any data on nk cell function after gcmaf? surely some of you must have tested this ....

thank you !
xoxoxo

Sushi

citybug

one day i had a doctors appt....dr. enlander recommended sinus drainage but this doctor wanted me to do abx/nasal spray/neti pot for a month...

on several brain MRI's over the years, there has been evidence of significant sinusitis. no doctor ever did anything about it so i always assumed it was part of my whole head being inflamed. even a prominent manhattan ENT doctor didnt suggest drainage...but i wonder if it would really help me.

i never feel like i am getting enough air and i cant taste things too well anymore, but its so hard to know if its related to the CFS or not.....the symptoms are slow to worsen over time...i cant even remember if i was like this before.

Dr. Teitelbaum has a lot on his website about diflucan for sinus issues. Also my uncle has very bad sinuses from sick building. I was reading reviews of products on amazon and found alkalol, $7.99. This has essential oils. Some users said they add some drops to their saline rinse, which they make cheaply by adding salt to a bottle of distilled water, and they seemed to like it. I haven't tried it yet, but my uncle hasn't gotten the bad infection this year. Maybe it kills something, fits in with the mold theory, and the mayo clinic finding of fungi in sinuses. I think once everything is inflamed and closed up, could get infected also so abx would help too. ... if opening and draining sinuses maybe that could cause nausea too.

citybug

I want to start gcmaf, and have started valtrex. This have given me some agitation, like someone described with gcmaf yogurt. Is there anything people are taking that sweeps up the toxins?
Also I wonder if LDN has any correlation with success with gcmaf? Is anyone taking both?

Sushi

Also I wonder if LDN has any correlation with success with gcmaf? Is anyone taking both?

I and several others I know take both GcMAF and LDN. I think the LDN helps to prevent inflammation from activating macrophages, but this is just personal experience.

Best wishes,
Sushi

ukxmrv

Citybug,

Some doctors are suggesting Bendryl for the intial reactions to GCMAF and MAFxxx. Not sure if this is something you can tolerate?

Daffodil

thanks, citybug. very interesting stuff. i want to have a sinus CT to see if there really IS a sinus issue at all with me. The local docs just tell me that since i have no pressure and pain around my sinuses, that I cannot have a problem. i have pressure but its in my whole head - not worse near my sinuses.

if i did need drainage, wouldnt it be apparent when they stick that long tube camera into my nasal passages?

i just woke up from an entire day of sleeping and feel feverish and very inflamed. tuesday is my 6th gcmaf shot.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
thanks, citybug. very interesting stuff. i want to have a sinus CT to see if there really IS a sinus issue at all with me. The local docs just tell me that since i have no pressure and pain around my sinuses, that I cannot have a problem. i have pressure but its in my whole head - not worse near my sinuses.

if i did need drainage, wouldnt it be apparent when they stick that long tube camera into my nasal passages?

i just woke up from an entire day of sleeping and feel feverish and very inflamed. tuesday is my 6th gcmaf shot.

Daff if its frontal sinus pain is normally above the eye brows as well as a generalised headache/pressure. With frontal sinus issues u dont have the typical runny nose and nasal congestion thats similar to alot of colds/flus. I do get some post nasal drip but its very irregular.

cheers!!!

Daffodil

O M G.

I took my 6th infection a few hrs ago....I thought the flare up after the 5th injection was bad....H O L Y ******.

I wasnt this bad even when I flared up on the HIV meds...Valcyte...nothing O M G this is NUTS!!!!!!! body about to explode.....

mojoey was right

xxoxoxo

Daffodil

i have diarrhea again. getting worse. i have to wonder if its the abx i am on, or if its vitamin D toxicity. i have been neglectful and have been on gcmaf for 6 weeks without vitamin D testing. I am going to the lab tomorrow.

gcmaf can cause vitamin D toxicity right?

Overstressed

Hi Daff,

the diarrhea can be from the the ABX. About Vit-D toxicity, I must say, I never heard of that in combination with Gc-Maf. Are you supplementing with Vit-D ?

Best regards,
OS.