• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

Dolphin

Analysis of Pacific

Total Votes; Average Daily vote ; Average above WPI it would need to get in final 53 days

Whittemore Peterson Institute: 22693 1032
Be Perfect Foundation: 8612 391 266
Conejo Valley Friendship Circle: 7093 322 294
Surfers Healing 5776 263 319
The Hailey Mayz Foundation 3789 172 357
NextGen Academy 3328 151 365
Invisible Children 3145 143 369
Jumpstart 2919 133 373
Kingdom Causes Bellflower 2673 122 378
Sean Vernon Feliciano Amazing Day Foundation Inc. 1898 86 392
Partnerships in Community Living, Inc. 1636 74 397
Shared Hope International 1615 73 398
Austin's House 1377 63 402

Attachments

• Top13 groups in Pacific.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 15

Dolphin

FWIW, 3 of my family voted for the National ME/FM Action Network today

Here's a graph of daily votes for every charity in the Pacific Region. I did this so that we could see at a glance if anyone was sneaking up their votes on WPI. It's a bit messy because I had to fit in 20 graph lines, but you can increase the size of the chart when you view it.

- WPI looks great at the top of the chart, pretty steady all the way.
- Conejo is taking a big dip and continuing in a downward trend
- Be Perfect, dropping, dropping, dropping
- Others, no surprises, can't see any upticks or rallies

(I split day 3's incremental increase in half for day 2 and day 3 since we don't have day 2 data)
Thanks for doing the figures, SpecialK82.

That has largely convinced me to give the National ME/FM Action Network some votes.

---
However, I don't promise to use those three daily votes indefinitely for the National ME/FM Action Network - I want to see its vote increasing.

And I'm not going to encourage others elsewhere to switch to the National ME/FM Action Network at least for the moment: part of what encourages me to do it is the consistent vote for the WPI and I don't want to jeopardise it: some people would probably stop voting rather than switching to the National ME/FM Action Network if there is too much talk about safety as voting every day is a bit of work.

Anyway, the best of luck to the National ME/FM Action Network.

eric_s

Thanks for this gesture, Dolphin. I think you're right. At latest when the WPI has a lead of 20'000 and the competition continues at these weak levels, i think we should switch major numbers over to the National ME/FM AN. Of course with our eyes open and always ready to switch back. But there is a real chance of doubling the prize and it would be a shame to not give it a try.

Dolphin

I'm going on vacation in a couple of days - won't be checking totals I think

Just to let people know that I'm going on vacation in a couple of days. I don't intend checking totals I think.

Normally I don't use a modem for a few weeks when I'm away (I get my sister to collect my E-mail) as I try to get away from the internet and rest my fingers. Anyway, this year, because of Vivint voting, I can't do that. However, I still intend to only log on for a few minutes a day to vote and then to log off.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Dolphin - have a terrific vacation, and a much deserved break!

I'm not sure how to pull the figures over to a PDF, if you could send me instructions, I'll try to fill in for you.

I usually go to bed about 2.5 hours before the end of the Vivint day so I would have to pull the numbers early, if someone else is interested in doing it that is up at 12:00 Midnight Eastern time just let me know :)

Dolphin

Dolphin - have a terrific vacation, and a much deserved break!
Thanks.

I'm not sure how to pull the figures over to a PDF, if you could send me instructions, I'll try to fill in for you.

I usually go to bed about 2.5 hours before the end of the Vivint day so I would have to pull the numbers early, if someone else is interested in doing it that is up at 12:00 Midnight Eastern time just let me know :)
Doubt the time zone really matters esp. at the moment when there aren't major changes.

I have never bought a pdf writer/creater/whatever.
I use a program called cutepdf which I downloaded for free from cutepdf.com .
Once you install it, it then shows up on your list of printers.
To create a pdf file, you open the file where you saved the scores, click print (from a menu, not the icon) as if you are going to print it and click "cutepdf" as the printer and it creates the pdf file.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Ok - I'm nervously pinch hitting for Dolphin while he's relaxing and rejuvenating.

I ran the report at 9:00 PM EST, a couple hours earlier than Dophin does, since it's my bedtime.

Don't have much time to post any tonight, but we may have a problem. It Gets Better Project usually receives way less than 100 votes per day, but they put up 155 on 7/5 and 553 today (7/6)!!

Definitely will be watching them for a few days and hopefully it's short-lived. They did spike on 6/30 with 232 and then went back down to 55 and 21 the next.

WPI 22693 + 1047 = 23740
National Action Network 2751 + 184 =2935

Attachments

• vivint 2011-07-06 2115.pdf
    83.4 KB · Views: 18

frenchtulip

Don't have much time to post any tonight, but we may have a problem. It Gets Better Project usually receives way less than 100 votes per day, but they put up 155 on 7/5 and 553 today (7/6)!!

Definitely will be watching them for a few days and hopefully it's short-lived. They did spike on 6/30 with 232 and then went back down to 55 and 21 the next.

How does a group go from 155 one day to 553 the next?????

Thanks for all you are doing while Dolphin is on vacation!

eric_s

Thanks, Special K. But they only have 1433 votes in total, so they're more than 20'000 votes behind the WPI. And they're still nowhere near WPI's daily votes. Even if they managed to get more daily votes than the WPI, it would take them a long time to catch up. It's good to watch them, but at this moment i don't see much danger there. But it's interesting to see a charity can have such spikes, maybe that's the most interesting thing to see here.

eric_s

I've just talked with someone about setting up a group for the online contests. I also talked about vote splitting and she told me about the charity "Invisible Children". They are in the same region as the WPI and she said they won CHASE last year. They have 400'000 fans on Facebook. It might be that they are so confident that they have not yet started to ask their fans to vote, but of course i don't know. Their currently low numbers might be for another reason. In any case, they could be dangerous for the WPI. I'd love to split votes and get the National ME/FM Action Network to number one as well, but i was not aware of this before. We need tons of additional voters!

eric_s

Does anyone know how "Invisible Children" did on this years CHASE contest? Or were they not allowed to participate there for whatever reason (last year's winner, too big, too small, etc.)?

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Well, some good news, I just pulled a file for today (23 hours from yesterday's so it's not perfect) but It Gets Better only had 336. :D Conejo doesn't seem to even be trying anymore, 134 today. Athough it would seem that Invisible Children has a great ability to organize and win a contest, they certainly aren't doing it Vivint with only 69 votes.

Unfortunately, ME/FM Action received only 149 today, why so much lower than yesterday? Love & Light 540. Here's the daily stats & file:

975 WPI
222 Be Perfect
134 Conejo
226 Surfer Healing
153 Hailey mayz
97 Next Gen
69 Invisible
94 Jumpstart
121 King Bellflower
76 Sean Vernon
46 Patner Living
74 Shared Hope
56 Austin's House
6 Trevor
31 Dream
36 Courage
32 Ameriface
2 Prader Willi CA
336 Gets Better
4 Tinnitus

540 Light & Love
209 St John Hospital
149 ME/FM Action
115 Prader-Willi

Attachments

• vivint 07-07-11 572hrs.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 17

helen41

Does anyone know how "Invisible Children" did on this years CHASE contest? Or were they not allowed to participate there for whatever reason (last year's winner, too big, too small, etc.)?

They won a million in Jan 2010 :eek: I must admit, they do sound like an admirable organization, but I am willing to fight them off with a pointy stick if I need to!
I found only 3 references to Vivint on their wall, one asking for votes in the endorsement phase (took 5 days to get 600)
This one on June 14"Your vote can help us win $250K! Vivint Gives Back is awarding money to non-profits, and with your help, we think we can the top prize.
Here's what we need: Click this linkhttp://bit.ly/mtRpbEand vote to help fund our projects protecting LRA-affected communities in central Africa.
(But if you still have stress-nightmares from the Facebook Chase Craziness, we understand if you run away screaming from this post.)" 68 people liked while for most posts on the wall they have 200-300
On June 23 they wrote " Invisible Children is falling behind fast in the Vivint Gives Back Project. This is a chance to win $250K to continue funding The Protection Plan (http://bit.ly/mmQfys).
Yes, daily voting is crazy, but in the midst of this in-depth social media conversation we're having on our wall, it's perfect timing for supporters to flex their online muscle." 48 people liked it.
They do sound powerful, but they don't sound engaged this time. I went back to the Chase contest they won, and they hit it hard from day one, with about 300 likes on each post the first few days of asking for votes

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Just hope groups like Invisible Children aren't waiting to pull out all the stops nearer the end, they could be just super confident of their ability to do that. Voting every day for a couple of months takes a real committment, which we all have, many people couldn't be bothered to do that , but the last couple of weeks may be a different story, hope not, but we need to keep plugging away daily try to get as far away from them all as possible.

eric_s

I will try to find out how their voting behaviour was in the CHASE contest they won. Wheter it was constant or wheter there were some patterns that might be interesting.

If somebody can help with that, has any links to the voting in the CHASE contest 2010, that would be very helpful.

And another question, is it possible for a Facebook group to send emails to it's members? Because let's assume they have such a strategy (to wait with voting), then they would have to communicate with their members about that somehow. How could they do that?

Aileen

Maybe they use email to communicate things like that Eric. If someone has a list it would be a really fast way to get the message straight to everyone.

eric_s

Btw, i'm still waiting to hear back from one organisation i asked about the contest and i'm waiting to hear back from the Swiss group where i wrote because of other things. But once he replies i will ask about Vivint as well. Usually people reply faster, but right now things seem to go a bit slow. I will contact more groups a bit later.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Thanks detective - I mean Helen, lol.

Good info, they sound tough but they are just not into this contest right now, for whatever reason. Overall, I think we are still in a good spot to continue support of Canada. I would need to see a serious rally first before I switch back, these other competitors would need an average of 1300 - 1500 votes per day in order to challenge WPI, and every day that doesn't happen, WPI gets stronger.

Of course, if there is a big rally, I would hope the entire community would fight for WPI.

Back