• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Markov CBIS Theory of ME/CFS - General Discussion

Boba

I hope you are able to get it treated. The standard medical advice is to not treat what they view as sick thyroid responding to an illness, however in ME/CFS, providing support can be greatly helpful.
Thank you. I did get some t3, but it didn‘t help. One has to check for rt3 as well, which I didn‘t do do far.

hb8847

Apologies if this has already been covered, but did we get an answer as to whether Markov's CBIS test could be performed in other countries? That's to say, is this a standard test that many doctors/clinics perform, or is testing for bacterial endotoxins in urine completely unique to Markov? Or is it his specific method for doing so that is unique, and if so might results not be obtainable with slightly different method?

Assuming it's not offered abroad, did we establish whether it would be possible to be sent the necessary equipment and returning the completed samples off to Ukraine? Or are there tests that need to be performed there and then? For example, is the warm urine sample non-negotiable?

Finally, are there other places that organise subsequent treatment with autovaccines in the way Markov's clinic does it? Would it be possible to get either the tests or the treatment done elsewhere, for example?

Essentially I'm trying to establish the feasibility of completing this Markov protocol if one lives abroad, as on the off chance it turns out to be something that helps with CFS it's unlikely too many people would be willing or able to make the trip to Ukraine to give it all a go.

And did we get anywhere on reaching out to open minded CFS Doctors (for example Dr Myhill in the UK, or possibly some on PR) for their opinion on all this? It might turn out to be a test - or even treatment - some Doctors might be willing to offer if they look into it enough and deem it worthwhile.

Last edited:

perrier

Also there are some clinics in the US that treat with auto vaccines. Wold their treatment work in the same way you are proposing or is there an entirely different technique in your treatment?
Dr. Majid Ali in New York treated with autovaccines decades ago, and may still do so. He is the one who wrote The Canary in the Coal Mine, if I have the title correctly.

Dr. Majid Ali in New York treated with autovaccines decades ago, and may still do so. He is the one who wrote The Canary in the Coal Mine, if I have the title correctly.
I couldn’t find the name. Could you be more specific if you have the details on this doctor so I could contact him. I’m 25 minutes away from Ny

Hip

I couldn’t find the name. Could you be more specific if you have the details on this doctor so I could contact him. I’m 25 minutes away from Ny

Dr Ali appears at the top of this Google search: Dr Majid Ali New York, so I guess that's him. Looks like this is his website.

It would be interesting to see if Dr Ali can follow Dr Markov's techniques, and create the same sort of autovaccines as Dr Markov is producing in the Ukraine.

Hipsman

Ok, so things moved allot quicker then I thought, I had my second consultation today and after that my first vaccine shot, my lab test results came back much earlier, and from what I understood, they only found Staphylococcus Aureus in my kidneys, but they will retest kidneys for bacteria after first vaccine cycle to see if they missed anything...

It's been 5 hours since first vaccine shot and I don't feel any worse, maybe even a bit better then usual.

Since they only found Staphylococcus Aureus, Dr Igor Markov prescribed already made vaccine for Staphylococcus that they manufacture (Staphylo-Primavac vaccine), it is different from "Russian Staphylococcus Adsorbed Vaccine".

It consists of:
Inactivated cells of no less then 21 strains of Staphylococcus: Staphylococcus Aureus - 15 strains, Staphylococcus haemolyticus - 3 strains, Staphylococcus epidermidis - 3 strains. 1ml of vaccine contains no less then 1.5 billion inactivated bacterial cells"

It is administrated in increasing dosages: 0.1ml, 0.5ml, 0.7ml, 0.9ml, 1.0ml, 1.0ml, 1.0ml. My first dose was 0.1ml. Dosages are administrated on: day 1, day 3, day 5, day 7, day 9, day 14, day 19. On day 1 - 0.1ml is administrated.

Last edited:

Hipsman

By the way, to culture the bacteria from kidneys they use Diaslide DS-101 and DS-105, so 2 of them on 3 consecutive days, here is some info in English on them - http://www.novamed.co.il/culture-device#forclinical
(page search for "DS-101" and "DS-105")

Here is instructions they gave me:
On 3 consecutive days, so on day 1, day 2 and day 3:
- In the mourning after washing lower part of the body:
Collect last portion of urine in the container and use Diaslide DS-101 and DS-105 to culture, discard the urine container afterwards.

Edit: the urine must be the first in the mourning.

Last edited:

hb8847

Really fascinated to see how this turns out @Hipsman , very best of luck and please do keep us updated!

Ok, so things moved allot quicker then I thought, I had my second consultation today and after that my first vaccine shot, my lab test results came back much earlier, and from what I understood, they only found Staphylococcus Aureus in my kidneys, but they will retest kidneys for bacteria after first vaccine cycle to see if they missed anything...

Interesting - did Markov give any indication of whether or not this was fairly standard for his CFS patients, to only have one positive result from the CBIS test?

It's been 5 hours since first vaccine shot and I don't feel any worse, maybe even a bit better then usual.

Well that's encouraging.

Out of interest, are you sensitive to things in general? Have you had the Covid shot for example, or are you OK with foods? I haven't seen the Markov thread since he's replied but I'm interested to see if he's been able to treat patients with MCAS.

Since they only found Staphylococcus Aureus, Dr Igor Markov prescribed already made vaccine for Staphylococcus that they manufacture (Staphylo-Primavac vaccine), it is different from "Russian Staphylococcus Adsorbed Vaccine".

Presumably this is then why the process has been so rapid? Do you have any idea how long it might have taken to produce the autovaccine otherwise?

Hipsman

Interesting - did Markov give any indication of whether or not this was fairly standard for his CFS patients, to only have one positive result from the CBIS test?
He said that in one patient it took 15 urine bacterial cultures to finally find a hiding bacteria, so it was only on 15th time that they were able to culture it. And that patient got allot better only after 4 autovaccine shots for that bacteria.

So I guess it's not too uncommon to find only one thing on first 3 urine cultures.

Well that's encouraging.

Out of interest, are you sensitive to things in general? Have you had the Covid shot for example, or are you OK with foods? I haven't seen the Markov thread since he's replied but I'm interested to see if he's been able to treat patients with MCAS.
Not sensitive at all, Dr Igor Markov ordered lab test for "autoimmune standard panel (14 antigens)" and they were all negative. Didn't have Covid shot yet.

Presumably this is then why the process has been so rapid? Do you have any idea how long it might have taken to produce the autovaccine otherwise?
I guess around 10 days

Martin aka paused||M.E.

He said that in one patient it took 15 urine bacterial cultures to finally find a hiding bacteria, so it was only on 15th time that they were able to culture it. And that patient got allot better only after 4 autovaccine shots for that bacteria.

So I guess it's not too uncommon to find only one thing on first 3 urine cultures.

Not sensitive at all, Dr Igor Markov ordered lab test for "autoimmune standard panel (14 antigens)" and they were all negative. Didn't have Covid shot yet.

I guess around 10 days
@Hipsman this is highly interesting and thank you for doing it. If you need further support please share it with us!

Daffodil

NOTE: if the bacterial dysbiosis infection in your kidneys is from Enterococcus, Staphylococcus or Streptococcus — bacteria which Dr Markov finds in 37%, 10% and 5% of ME/CFS patient's urine respectively — these bacteria will NOT release any LPS into the bloodstream, because these are all gram-positive bacteria, and gram-positives do not contain any LPS.

It is only gram-negative bacteria which contain and release LPS.

However, gram-positive bacteria release their own toxins.

For example, Staphylococcus (which I am most familiar with), releases nasty toxins such as alpha toxin and enterotoxin B and others.

Alpha toxin seems to interact and modulate coxsackievirus B infections. Ref: here. So that could explain its relevance for ME/CFS.

Enterotoxin B is one of the most potent bacterial superantigens that exerts profound toxic effects upon the immune system. Ref: here. Enterotoxin B may also play a critical role in the pathogenesis of autoimmune disorders. Ref: here.

Each bacterium makes a range of toxins, which can have subtantial effects in the human body.

Thus even if your blood LPS levels are low, this would not rule out nephrodysbacteriosis (kidney dysbiosis infection) and CBIS, from what I can work out, because your problems may be due to other bacterial toxins.

I would like to get more info on the blood tests which Dr Markov uses to detect bacterial toxins in the blood, in order to confirm nephrodysbacteriosis and CBIS in ME/CFS patients.
@ME/CFS - Mystery No More! Under ME/CFS hides CBIS
can i ask....you said strepto and entero dont release LPS but those are the ones that are sky high on my gut testing and my sCD14 is through the roof too.......so does that mean that although i have bacterial overgrowth in my gut, it is other bacteria leaking out that is causing the LPS-related inflammation?

bensmith

I’ve made up my mind and I will be going to Ukraine for the treatment to see if it will help. If anyone wants to aid me in the costs as I am unemployed that will be appreciative.

I can’t help much but i will donate some, let me know how you want to do fund transfer. I prefer bitcoin but have used paypal as well and can i am sure.

Good luck!

drob31

Can somebody write a plan for steps this doctor needs to do moving forward, including peer reviewed studies? It seems that many want to see certain criteria met before they jump onboard. Although if someone that wasnt as severe wanted to ginea pig themselves, I guess that would be interesting even if only "anecdotal."

drob31

After reading through it some, some of the bacteria jumped out at me. I gave a girl a UTI that was later determined to be klebsiella pneumoniae.

I can’t help much but i will donate some, let me know how you want to do fund transfer. I prefer bitcoin but have used paypal as well and can i am sure.

Good luck!
Thanks. I’ll let you know but first I have to calculate the total expenses and pick a date. I have already contacted the dr to set up consultation.

hb8847

After an extensive Google search in the English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, no online accounts could be found of any ME/CFS patient who was cured by Dr Markov's autovaccine treatment.

The more I think about it the more this seems to be the limiting factor for Markov, as @5vforest alludes to in the other thread. We have a load of reviews of his general practice, notably very mixed, I find it increasingly suspicious we can't find a single one of his supposedly thousands of treated ME/CFS patients.

Surely there would be reviews online, stories etc. Surely Markov would be able to find some recovered patients willing to provide a reference, or at the bare minimum make themselves available for contact.

He claims recovered patients might not want to revisit the trauma of their illness by making themselves available for comment, this rings alarm bells for me - maybe they wouldn't want to spend their lives on Phoenix Rising but as we've seen here, when people recover the first thing they want to do is shout it from the rooftops in the hope they might be able to help someone else in the community, because they know more than anyone what people are going through.

So long as we don't have any patient references this remains just a theory.

In light of this is there any way people think we might be able to find some of these recovered patients? Perhaps by pressuring Markov for some references? I can't think of any other way of going about this.

Reading_Steiner

Is it possible that none of them speak english ? think about how many millions of people has the disease, and what percentage of that total actually uses a website like this, multiply 4000 by that percent then multiply it by the percentage of people in the ukraine that can speak english good, it will be a low number surely.