For those who underestimate detox as a factor, my metals test showed three very toxic substances--methylmercury from bi-weekly sushi for 20 years; lead from sash dust in pre-war apartments; and BARIUM, from one little dixie cup I swallowed for an x-ray in 1974!!!
Well, the sensitivities of testing keeps improving, but just detecting ultra-slight traces of heavy metals doesn't mean much on its own. Did the tests show levels considered clinically unsafe, and did those levels drop to clinically safe levels after doing the detox?
Toxicology and testing methodology is above my pay grade, but if I'm still carrying any level of barium after 45 years then I worry about the cumulative burden of it and larger detectable amounts of lead and methylmercury, especially when my body releases minute quantities every time I ingest chelating plants and herbs. I opt not to try chemical chelation because of its ill-effects on some, and others' reports of unsatisfying results. If you look into methylmercury, for example, I think you will find no amount is considered "clinically safe." I still get a kick out of the nurse's assurance in 1974 that I would piss out all the barium sulfate next time I went to the bathroom.
I'm mushy all the time, it's just been gradually getting worse as time goes on, almost like some sort of degenerative brain condition. I generally feel slightly better at daytime and get worse as I get more tired throughout the day, but my baseline cognitive functions have been deteriorating as the months and years go by. I don't even think "brain fog" is a good term to describe it, and feel it would be like calling dementia "memory fog".
I don't generally have any issues waking up during the night, it just seems to be when I'm falling asleep so I think it's likely more of a glutamate issue rather than hystamine.
I could well have been exposed to something toxic like heavy metals while I was at the place I caught this illness. One of my theories is that some toxin has ended up in my brain somewhere and I'm having these symptoms as a result of my immune system trying to get rid of it perhaps, as my immune system seems to be functioning perfectly fine despite these brain symptoms.
Maybe it's not the same barium atoms. You may have lost effectively all the barium from the x-ray, but eaten some Ba-rich food recently. The problem with ultra-sensitive tests is that the interpretation of results may lag far behind the sensitivity. If fairly insensitive tests 50 years ago came with a 'safe level' of 1 mg/kg of body mass, what does a more recent test showing .1 mcg/kg mean? By old standards, you're practically barium-free. If the (paid for private) tests results is displayed with bright red bar graphs, they might convince people to buy their chelation services.
'Barium that enters your body by breathing, eating, or drinking is removed mainly in feces and urine. Most of the barium that enters your body is removed within 1–2 weeks. Most of the small amount of barium that stays in your body goes into the bones and teeth.'
Also: 'However, information is still being collected to determine if long-term exposure to low levels of barium causes any health problems.'
For methymercury: 'The half-life period of methylmercury, that is, the time in which the content of methylmercury in the body is reduced to half through excretion, is 70 days on average.' so, if you do ingest a significant amount (typically from fish), you can work out how much will be left x days/months/years later. Also, you have to clearly define 'safe'. Yes, a single molecule of methylmercury can damage a tiny part of the body, but that doesn't mean that a single molecule will noticeably harm your health. Saying that 'there is no safe level' is true, but rather meaningless. There will be a level that is 'damaging a few cells, but not having a noticeable effect on your life'.
There are a lot of health scares based on misapplication of perspectives.