• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Curcumin, caryophyllene, and the cannabinoid connection

Jyoti

Very cool @Rufous McKinney! I am excited to hear this.

I can say that I have tried it sublingually --once for two weeks and now I am, after a three week hiatus, going into day 12. I hit a roadblock (crash) after the first two weeks--which were actually quite impressive. More energy, more clarity, more resilience. Fortunately I kept this to myself because I hit a wall and slid down it after those first two weeks.

I am not entirely sure why, but the copaiba oil, dosed as @CSMLSM suggested (1:15), was the only thing I had added or changed. I have come back to it and find that the effects are less noticeable, but I am interested in continuing to experiment and I think I will try using it topically as @Rufous McKinney has.
Copaiba Oil diluted with some Argon Oil
What ratio, if I might ask?

Rufous McKinney

I've got pure Copaiba Oil...liked the idea of that because other synergistic things are likely tagging along.

I'll put about 10 drops of copaiba...and then one dropper full of Argon. Not very exacting.

I hit a roadblock (crash) after the first two weeks--which were actually quite impressive.

that is impressive and fascinating.

I more or less flunked pacing recently (and yet again) during a single day that I simply "felt" a bit better. I wonder if you simply did MORE than the rest of the body system was quite ready to deliver.

Its incredibly tricky not overdoing it.

If we were to assume there is some miraculous improvement or cure-like quality in Copaiba/Caryophyllene....I would think you'd still need considerable time to somehow rebuild the body systems so compromised for so long by all of this. The ligaments, the borrowed proteins, the connective tissues needing to rebuild themselves....alot of processes.

Of course we also seem to arrive where FIX A collides with an unfixed B. Now B takes over as the issue, when before A was a bigger problem.

Jyoti

I wonder if you simply did MORE than the rest of the body system was quite ready to deliver.

Its incredibly tricky not overdoing it.
No truer words.....

That was one of my theories...I felt that, actually. Something like too much voltage for these frayed and frail wires.

It could be worse. It could have been utterly ineffectual.

And of course there is also the possibility that it unbalanced some other factor. As you say:
Of course we also seem to arrive where FIX A collides with an unfixed B. Now B takes over as the issue, when before A was a bigger problem.

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Rufous.

The autoresearch continues....

CSMLSM

Very cool @Rufous McKinney! I am excited to hear this.

I can say that I have tried it sublingually --once for two weeks and now I am, after a three week hiatus, going into day 12. I hit a roadblock (crash) after the first two weeks--which were actually quite impressive. More energy, more clarity, more resilience. Fortunately I kept this to myself because I hit a wall and slid down it after those first two weeks.

I am not entirely sure why, but the copaiba oil, dosed as @CSMLSM suggested (1:15), was the only thing I had added or changed. I have come back to it and find that the effects are less noticeable, but I am interested in continuing to experiment and I think I will try using it topically as @Rufous McKinney has.

You may have started to do more physical or mental stuff and outpaced how you are dosing. At times I would need to dose nearly every hour or vaporise it to get higher doses.
Recently I tried to cut back on medication and lost a whole week without even being too aware until I was quite bad (noticing getting bad is difficult somewhat). It is a ball and chain but if you do the work right it works perfectly once you are at the good point. You may well have had underlying infections that get recognised more vigorously by the immune system now so you will get periods of immune activation that you have to manage as you go. Try to think of this treatment as a dial you can tune your immune system with, but each situation requires different tuning (amounts). If you get a viral infection cut right back as B cells of the Humoral immune system are deactivated in there activated state through apoptosis via CB2 receptors which this treatment targets. This means that you will struggle to mount a proper immune response in a situation that requires B cells(needed for T cell activation and antibody generation to new pathogens). CB2 receptor is the fundamental shut down switch of the activated Humoral Adaptive Immune System response.

When we get more ill that is because of dysfunctional B cells and others like Microglia being activated (these cells can be infected with EBV) and because they are in this activated state we can trigger them to go through apoptosis via the CB2 receptor that gets expressed on there surface when activated. Apoptosis enzymatically destroys everything inside the cell even the latent EBV virus.

You may also have depleted what magnesium and potassium you have and these are electrolytes and are extremely important. I have infact recently bought potassium citrate to add to my supplements because I had started to hit a wall and was crashing a bit. Magnesium deficiency leads to potassium deficiency quite easily and is hard to replete well when magnesium is low. I take magnesium baths but now my need for potassium has gone up relatively so have to add back in potassium. These two electrolytes are commonly deficient in ME/CFS and increasing levels through diet is difficult and testing is useless as the body closely regulates the levels in the blood so blood test are no use. Magnesium triggers bowel movement too easily to ingest quick enough to replete the whole body effectively from a majorly deficient level. Once magnesium has been effectively addressed the potasium becomes an issue as demand increases due to the repleted magnesium.

EBV is a latent virus that messes with your immune system to persist. So as this gets out of control in us in many more areas of the body more stuff can build up.

Others says I say too much so I will wait to see if you have any questions before sharing more but in answer to your question- Its all relative vaporise for best results. Use drops out and about or around others who see vaporisation as a bad thing. If vaporising expect to bring up flem and stuff badly at first as it is an expectorant and you do have immune cells in your lungs, not for everyone but better than being disabled which I kind of do not see myself as anymore sort of lol.

Hope that helps,
CSMLSM

Rufous McKinney

You may also have depleted what magnesium and potassium you have and these are electrolytes and are extremely important

I likely got totally depleted of potassium during my recent stomach episode.

My BP plummeted. I gradually kept at putting electrolytes back (soups I made mostly)....my BP device decided to achieve its maximum life expectancy and isn't working now. I have normal BP at the moment. Where did my high BP go?

If vaporising expect to bring up flem and stuff badly at first as it is an expectorant and you do have immune cells in your lungs, not for everyone but better than being disabled which I kind of do not see myself as anymore sort of lol.

I continue topical applications/ and on the feet has been helpful.

My lungs are clearing out more gunk. The Copaiba may be contributing, but so are lung moistening herbs I take.

Adding a proteolytic enzyme would do another: pulse of detox.

CSMLSM

I likely got totally depleted of potassium during my recent stomach episode.

My BP plummeted. I gradually kept at putting electrolytes back (soups I made mostly)....my BP device decided to achieve its maximum life expectancy and isn't working now. I have normal BP at the moment. Where did my high BP go?

I continue topical applications/ and on the feet has been helpful.

My lungs are clearing out more gunk. The Copaiba may be contributing, but so are lung moistening herbs I take.

Adding a proteolytic enzyme would do another: pulse of detox.
If you are interested I am occasionally having Mag/Sulf bath and then applying E45 cream mixed with Copaiba and Nicotinamide, feels great but slippery for a while doing whole body. Do not put lid back on properly until you know you need no more (I use jam jar), tried in vain :) I use about 10 drops per 30ml or so E45.

Rufous McKinney

hen applying E45 cream mixed with Copaiba and Nicotinamide,

Is nicotinamide a required add on?

I've just been using some Argon oil I happened to have. It seems to go in fairly well, and fairly quickly and its not greasy later. ( my skin would drink a gallon of E45).

Anything involving oil one worries about how the oil was extracted.

DMSO: thats came up recently,......reading about that, I decided that sounds risky.

HOWEVER: the person who runs my dispensary, is an expert on these terpenes. So he got colon cancer and was doing topical only decided to change to DMSO so it would deliver it into deeper tissues or something, and he swears thats what controlled his cancer. Its gone now.

But next time I go down there I want to ask more about that.

physicsstudent13

did dmso with the addition of cbd or thc or a terpene really cure our dispensary friend's cancer? how could it control or kill cancer cells?
what was the exact combination of ingredients or chemicals that our friend used??

I seem to have an untreatable form of kidney cancer for which chemo and radiation doesn't work

I noticed that sometimes with dmso there are side effects

if we all live long enough we will all get cancer at some point it is one of the major causes of mortality and death

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

did dmso with the addition of cbd or thc or a terpene really cure our dispensary friend's cancer?

not the DMSO.....thats just for deeper penetration. Its the THC/CBD/maybe caryophyllene, maybe other terpenes...

those ingredients have some known cancer inhibiting properties.

Here is some info....I didn't really read it...just going with title

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7409346/

Anti-Cancer Potential of Cannabinoids, Terpenes, and Flavonoids Present in Cannabis
Andrea M. Tomko, Erin G. Whynot, [...], and Denis J. Dupré

physicsstudent13

I've just been using some Argon oil I happened to have. It seems to go in fairly well, and fairly quickly and its not greasy later. ( my skin would drink a gallon of E45).

DMSO: thats came up recently,......reading about that, I decided that sounds risky.

HOWEVER: the person who runs my dispensary, is an expert on these terpenes. So he got colon cancer and was doing topical only decided to change to DMSO so it would deliver it into deeper tissues or something, and he swears thats what controlled his cancer. Its gone now.

The context of my question is that I am showing a complex lesion or cystic tumor in my kidney and of course there are risks with cbd thc dmso. So I am only looking at this from a cancer patient's perspective

How about Full Extract Canna Oil or Rick Simpson Oil for cancer like kidney cancer? The most common form of kidney cancer is renal cell carcinoma for further study. Again I am hesitant about this because I would need some solid proof

CSMLSM

Nicotinamide is to support NAD+ production.

CSMLSM

The context of my question is that I am showing a complex lesion or cystic tumor in my kidney and of course there are risks with cbd thc dmso. So I am only looking at this from a cancer patient's perspective

How about Full Extract Canna Oil or Rick Simpson Oil for cancer like kidney cancer? The most common form of kidney cancer is renal cell carcinoma for further study. Again I am hesitant about this because I would need some solid proof
International Association for Cannabis as Medicine (cannabis-med.org) This may be of use to you.

Rufous McKinney

You have to bypass the liver so vaporisation I used at first. I now use more effective and practical subligual drops.
Please ask questions

some of this sublingual must be reaching the liver as well.....as some will go down your throat....

CSMLSM

some of this sublingual must be reaching the liver as well.....as some will go down your throat....
Yes but this is beneficial and not detrimental. It would affect the liver enzymes more though as inhaled reaches the liver less. I understand you wanting to avoid interactions with the blood pressure meds and LDN. It should not be much if you wait long enough (1-2min max) to absorb through mucosa and then wash mouth out it will avoid any issue I would suspect.

Mary

Moderator Resource

@Jyoti - you may have explained this elsewhere, but can you explain how you took it sublingually? It sounds like you made a mixture of one part copaiba oil and 15 parts another oil and then used that sublingually - how much did you take sublingually, and how often? Are you still using it? (I'm a bit late to this party!)

Jyoti

@Mary -- I did mix it at 1:15 or 1:16 with a carrier oil. Then I put a few drops (5ish) under my tongue every couple of hours over the course of the day. The second time I tried it, I had much diminished response and sort of drifted off taking it. I definitely had a notable response the first time around, but it was diminished when I returned after a break. I still think it is interesting and have it on my shelf of supplements--the one I look at every morning, noon and night--and will likely do some more experimenting once I am done with several other trials I have lined up.