• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I'd be very curious to know how you get on! Can't get this in the UK yet.
I like to try things out for a few weeks before posting results, unless something dramatic happens. Even then, my symptoms are all over the map so I'm hesitant to share my experience too soon. I've been on CB, TUDCA and Turmeric for a few weeks now, and though I've seen some minor improvements, I still have a lot of ups and downs that make it hard to determine anything with any level of certainty.

Yeah, looks like they only ship to the US and Canada, for now.

Gondwanaland

This is high oxalates, I have a hard time with it. My skin stings and a lot of red dots appear all over the body, like mosquito bites. The same happened to my husband. Unfortunately we have no access to curcumin extract locally.
Although a bit of turmeric as a condiment is beneficial.

Gondwanaland

@JPV you know what made me suspicious? They say to use it before working out. Well, that is precisely when Mg is supposed to help the most o_O
I drunk a lot of magnesium oxide in the past year for what I thought were ammonia symptoms. It worked :whistle:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
This is high oxalates, I have a hard time with it. My skin stings and a lot of red dots appear all over the body, like mosquito bites. The same happened to my husband. Unfortunately we have no access to curcumin extract locally.
Although a bit of turmeric as a condiment is beneficial.
Hmmm... I'm positive that inflammation is a big issue for me. I tend to get chest pains if I eat highly inflammatory foods such as Wheat, Sugar, Corn and Vegetable Oils. I also have RLS which is generally seen as an inflammatory condition. But no matter how clean of a diet I try to maintain, some symptoms still persist. It seems deeply rooted and hard to rectify, in my case at least.

Do you have any other anti-inflammatory suggestions?

Last edited:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
JPV you know what made me suspicious? They say to use it before working out. Well, that is precisely when Mg is supposed to help the most o_O
I believe that this is because the Ammonia eating bacteria relies on the Ammonia in a person's sweat to have something to consume, which it then coverts into NO. This is now making me have second thoughts about ordering it because 1) I don't sweat much and 2) Exercise is difficult for me due to PEM. I wonder if a sauna might be a good alternative option. Or maybe just a walk in our (currently) hot California sun will do...

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

I also have RLS which is generally seen as an inflammatory condition. But no matter how clean of a diet I try to maintain, some symptoms still persist. It seems deeply rooted and hard to rectify, in my case at least.
My husband also has RLS sometimes. Are you +/+COMT?
Did you miss this Asklipia's post?
I think magnesium should be the most beneficial supp for RLS since it helps with neurotransmitter overload in the sinapses.
Also, sorry for being pushy, but perhaps you are suffering from oxalate overload, or other chemical found in plants like phenols or salicylates.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Are you +/+COMT?
No, here's my COMT results...

COMT V158M = +/-
COMT H62H = +/-
COMT P199P = -/-
I think magnesium should be the most beneficial supp for RLS since it helps with neurotransmitter overload in the sinapses.
I tried MG Oil for several weeks but it didn't put much of a dent in the RLS. I used a lot of it too. I've also tried various other forms over the years. I know from a hair analysis test, I did a few years back, that I'm very low in MG but supplementation seems elusive for me. There is some talk that Candida, and other pathogens, use MG to build biofilms. I have numerous symptoms that I attribute to Candida but it seems like a tough issue to properly diagnose and somewhat prone to being a bit of a pseudo scientific topic. I really don't know what to make of it.
What do you eat your sugar with? :p
I pretty much stay away from it, which isn't really that hard because I (luckily) don't really have much of a sweet tooth anyway. I have gotten cravings late at night, when trying various Candida interventions, but I attribute that to the Candida (possibly) fighting for survival.

Last edited:

alicec

@alicec, do you take larch arabinogalactan by any chance? That one caused major acetylcholine hell for me. I felt very good on it initially but then stopped being able to sleep altogether and had the agitation, muscle twitching, myoclonus etc. thing going on for weeks.

No it's one I have on the shelf but haven't got to it yet. Will treat it with caution.

Btw, this idea didn't work out.

Now things have swung back in the other direction so I am trying adding back the choline bitartrate.

@mariovitali's post shows in part what might be happening; butyrate production is increasing and driving down choline.

Choline and I continue to no longer mix well. I need to do a lot of rethinking.

Gondwanaland

@JPV I remembered that turmeric is dopaminergic. You know, too much dopamine = Parkinson's. It could be that you are overwhelming your +/- COMTs. Plus, if you have too much copper it will convert into adrenaline.

Last edited:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
@JPV I remembered that turmeric is dopaminergic. You know, too much dopamine = Parkinson's. It could be that you are overwhelming your +/- COMTs. Plus, if you have too much copper it will convert into adrenaline.
I am a bit high in copper, according to a hair heavy metal test I took a few years back. Not sure that I'm having adverse reactions to Turmeric though. Not yet at least. I felt pretty good most of the week but I feel like crap today. Then again, I made the mistake of having a small slice of cake last night, in celebration of my Girlfriend's youngest Daughter's Birthday. I should have known better...