• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bemer 3000

jenbooks

Also I wanted to ask about sulfate and sulfite strips. I don't remember reading about that when I was last studying Yasko. I believe there are pH strips--or something that will allow you to test creatinine in the urine? I need to get that all straight as that is inexpensive.

Thanks again. So much information on this board has been really helpful.

brenda

Very interesting about the Bemer. A therapist loaned me a magnetic mattress once for a week but it made me feel worse, really bad so that I had to stop using it. If it was detox it was too harsh for me to cope with.

I have had photon therapy in Germany. I wish I had not done it as I feel I wasted my money. One needs to be able to detox before you can benefit, one or two have been made worse by it. The doctor also did not advise me that it is best to get the amalgams out first, and I found out later that it is debatable. I would say yes it should be done. I cannot get mine out as I am too sick. A few had a really good response but I think they were not the really sick ones. I would not try anything now until I get my healing well under way naturally and be so in tune with my body that i don't make any more mistakes.

Chris

these PEMF machines...

Hi, all; I have now had 5 sessions with the MRS 2000, cousin to the Bemer, and it really seems to be helping, though I have also been doing the simplified Rich van Konynenburg protocol for about 10 months, recently zapped up by 2.5 mg Methylcobalamin a la Freddd under the upper lip--big improvement! I have also been taking a high lactoferrin whey (AOR, Immune Ultra). And I bought a BioMat recently too.

Anway, I am improving quite rapidly and very noticeably; yesterday, with much trepidation, I got back into my kayak, after two years forced abstinence, and managed to paddle for 1 1/2 hours, though I was really bushed the last 1/2 hour. The amazing thing is that I felt tired last night, but am OK today--no crash!

My wrists were sore, though, and I went down and had a session on the MRS, with 8 mins devoted to the high intensity probe, focused on my wrists. And my wrists feel considerably better!

There is some --in fact a lot--of stuff on these machines on the Curatronic website, including a very useful overview by Naomi M. Shupak, "Therapeutic Uses of Pulsed Magnetic-Field Exposure: A Review," and a very long (79 page!) chapter by Arthur A. Pilla, "Mechanisms and Therapeutic Applications of Time-Varying and Static Magnetic Fields." This last is much too technical for me, though bits and pieces filtered through.

I am still getting through Robert Becker's The Body Electric, still just fascinating as background to all this stuff.

The upshot of my experience so far is that these things-I include the Bemer but have experienced only the MRS --really do good things, and the only question for me is: do I continue renting time on the one available locally, or borrow the money and buy one?

This is of course not a double-blinded experiment, but my sense is that my improvement is unquestionably real and accelerating, and the MRS must be a significant part of this. Best to all, Chris

aquariusgirl

So many options. So little cash.

Chris

Great feedback, but now how do i know if it's the MRS or the methyl B12 or the whey that's making you feel better?:confused:

What's your deal with renting the MRS?

I think Mshelle1 mentioned one could rent a Bemer for $850, which would be deducted from the sales price if you bought.

Couldn't see myself going for that. Too much of a gamble.

Sigh. Would really like to give one of these machines a good road test.

I am using methyl B12 after 2+ years on hydroxy and also feeling a boost. I'm using compounded and keeping the dosage low.

Thanks for your feedback. V. useful.

aquariusgirl

jenbooks: sulphate/sulfite strips

Jill

Yasko sells sulphur and sulphite urine test strips on her website.

I got mine from an alternative source ..which you could find by digging thru the archives at cfs_yasko. Some place in New York state called CIT Science or something like that. (Not Boyd Haley's company.)

I was trying to save money. I hope they're accurate.

So far what I can tell you is this. I seem to have very low sulfites.. which would fit with me being Suox -/+, and hence having a high demand for B12 and molybdenum.

Sulfates fluctuate and I think I notice they go up after nebulising glutathione .. which again would fit her theory.. I need to hit the ammonia protocol and/or butyrate or arabinogalactan hard to see if they do in fact reduce sulfates.

As ever, bear in mind that I am always taking short cuts, and even I am not sure if my results can be relied on!!

Chris

MRS--and money and ..

Hi, Aquariusgirl; I can't answer the question of what is doing what with any accuracy--I am too old to just use one therapy at a time! My sense is that the whey and the Rich van Konynenburg protocol gradually improved my state--I had detox reactions at first, but they have ceased as far as I can tell (I am a fairly recent sufferer--just under 3 years), and then the BioMat and the Freddd Methy stuff pushed things a bit further again.

Then just recently I had three sessions only a day or two apart with the MRS, and that seems to have pushed me up a largish further notch--the timing suggests it has been at least in part responsible for this latest surge.

The reaction of my wrists to the MRS probe is quite definitive--it was immediate, so the at least potential power of the system is I think beyond question--or at least my questioning.

The local deal on the MRS is that 50% of payments for sessions (quite reasonable, $1 per minute) is applicable to a purchase, so at some point I have to make up my mind. I live in Victoria, BC, Canada, and the MRS is distributed here in Canada, so it seems like my best option in this class, though I still don't know enough about the Curatron and others in the group. Still reading!

Don't know if that helps any, but best wishes in any case! Chris

m1she11e

BEMER and such

I cannot believe the HUGE strides I am making and cannot believe it could be from the BEMER. I cant wrap my head around it. It HAS to be what is pulling me around. I honestly would crawl into the fetal position and just rock if anyone tried to take it away. :(

Its so hard to really explain how bad I was. I did go to a a little grilling party the other day around 4. This is after shopping and being active since that morning. I was out in the hot sun, did eat a burger on a bun (rarely do bread) and started feel nauseated and wired and it SCARED me. I think I have post traumatic sick syndrome. I went into a huge "oh crap, I am getting sick again..." I drank my green drink, put on my essential oils and "BEMED" the heck out of myself. I hardly slept though cause I am so afraid of EVER falling back to where I was pre- BEMER.

I woke up the next day feeling like I hadnt slept but NOT CFS sick. I was up all night too. I didnt nap but used the BEMER relax setting a few times in the middle of the day. (this is new for me, it made me feel like I had taken a nap)

THEN, after almost a year of not having any social life and in the last few months feeling better but not able to do things after about 5...I went to dinner at 7 and had a glass of wine (I know, I know :mad:). I was up until 11 laughing and feeling wonderful. It was a miracle! The last time I tried a half of glass of wine, one of my eyes almost went totally blind and I was sick for a week. I am FINE today. I wont have wine again for awhile, I want my body to fully heal. It felt so good to be human!!!

Now, there IS a BEMER/MRS2000 debate... MRS guy sais BEMER is not good for you in the long run. BEMER of course disagrees. If I was just researching, I would buy the MRS. I just have had these unbelievable results though with the BEMER that I dont want to change anything. It IS confusing though!! (like all of this stuff)

These devices are amazing and I would NOT be without one!!

Glad you are feeling better Chris!

Michelle:D

jenbooks

Michelle, why would the MRS guy say Bemer is bad in the long run (except for market competition)? Why would you have bought MRS if you had not first tried Bemer?

I am intrigued by these reports!

m1she11e

Jen

Hi,

Well, my own mom was comparing the two machines and the MRS guy is very scientific and convincing. It has to do with the electrical wave patterns...:confused: I dont know if it is marketing. ?? All of the other machines compare themselves to BEMER and trash BEMER. I have seen this over the years with supplements, Rife, etc. It gets overwhelming. I dont understand this technology well enough to know who is just selling and what is what...

My hunch is that they are both good machines. I think anyone interested should talk to both companies. I hear that the MRS guy seems most informative and is not pushy. BEMER not so much...:rolleyes: That is why I would have chosen the MRS if I had only been researching. I dont have the luxury to compare both and I am so afraid to have that BEMER gone...

Michelle

jenbooks

Okay. I can absorb scientific info and separate it from marketing bullcrap ;). Don't have time to research now but maybe next month.

Wayne

Hi Michelle,

I was wondering if you have any ideas as to why you're doing so much better from using the BEMER. Do you think it's modulating your immune system? If so, do you think it is significantly affecting your Lyme infections? If so, do you expect this to alter your entire approach to addressing Lyme?

I think I had some other questions, but maybe I'll just start with these. :) I really appreciate you keeping us updated. And I find it quite amazing that you've made such remarkable progress and seem to have been able to hang on to it. Congratulations!

Thanks much for any feedback you can offer.

Wayne

mojoey

Michelle

This is such great news. I am so thrilled for you!! Your improvements sound so drastic in such a short period of time.

I've heard of a few other lyme patients that have had similar results with the Bemer, so this is not unprecedented.

I look forward to hearing more progress reports!

best,
joey

m1she11e

Bemer and progress

Wayne and M0joey-

What I KNOW I am dealing with is one of the highest HHV6 titers my doc had ever seen, Parvo, CMV, EBV and a Mycoplasma infection. My Igenex test was negative but I had 3 positive and 2 IND bands that were "Lyme specific." That is Lyme to a LLMD. I still was never quite sure how I felt about that one. Oh, and the last WBC count was 2.6. I will have that tested again soon.

I only went "bug hunting" this last year starting with antibiotics and a about a month of Valcyte (very low dose) and 3 weeks of FAMVIR (very high dose). Prior to that I was all about changing the terrain.

Nothing has ever really made obvious changes to my health before. I am sure they all were helping to keep me afloat though.

I dont know what the heck the BEMER is doing. I understand what they say it does. I understand that in addition to increasing micro circulation, oxygen saturation and ATP...it also affects the Calcium ion channel (I think that is a detox pathway??), it does help cells take in nutrients and let go of toxins.
It also helps the immune system but not by stimulation or modulation. It explains it on the site...:confused:

I was very impressed with doing the "un-nap" yesterday. I think it just calmed my whole body down. I did 3 cycles of the calming mode so that was 24 minutes lying down but not sleeping. I got up and felt very peaceful like I had taken a nap. I just cleaned slowly, doing things around the house very calmly. Normally I would have been thinking "the house is a mess, this company is coming, and there is no way I can make dinner..." I felt none of that. It was like automatic Amygdala training without the STOP, STOP, STOP dance :p!!!

Then I did an energy setting once I was getting ready to go out, which by the way does not give you stimulant jitters. My eyes got whiter, I looked more healthy and WHAMO I was out defeating the whole purpose with a glass of wine! :rolleyes: My company has watched me this year and was BLOWN AWAY! He is not into this stuff at all but could not deny the difference.

Im still just not sure what it is doing. I would NEVER have spent my "low funds" on this machine had I not used it. Crazy stuff. I wish I could tell you exactly why it is working or what it is doing but I just dont know. I have read alot about PEMF's but I still dont know what is taking place in my body.

Virus' gone? Immune system working? Lyme hit the road?? I dont know???

I am on cloud nine though...(after 26 years of CFS and 1 year of living dead!)

Michelle

mojoey

Hi michelle

I am curious... has the bemer enabled you to go from not working to working full time again?

I find the calcium ion channel restoration very interesting. Mike has often harped on that as one of the main benefits of neural therapy with homeopathics.

m1she11e

Joey

I pulled this out of a general explanation on the BEMER site. I know I read more details when researching PEMF's in general.

Under the influence of the BEMER 3000 signal, positively charged hydrogen ions are pushed up against the vessel wall opposite to the BEMER signal. This triggers a release of NO that vaporizes through channels in the vessel walls causing dilation. The fast moving blood circulation carries NO to other areas of the body causing wide spread dilation. The positively charged H ions combine with negative charges that bond and release calcium ions. These differentiate into cells requiring calcium (bone and nerve cells hence its effectiveness in treating Osteoporosis) or to be removed as waste. Various other positive reactions are experienced as the ion exchange intensifies, such as

The building up of the immune system by activating macrophages that destroy invading pathogens (i.e. bacteria)

It is used by nerve cells as a neurotransmitter, improving memory function and it diffuses and acts on nearby neurons that are not connected by a synapse

Activation of the cellular metabolism

Where possible, insulin is activated, aiding or preventing diabetes

Fatty acid metabolism is regulated, assisting the body with weight control

Now, I know there is the theory that we have too much NO, but I am not sure how all that fits in...

hmmmm???

m1she11e

working...

I am not working. I have started going two days a week for about 2 hours at a time to ladies houses and doing my facial treatments. I have to carry my box with my micro current machines down three flights of stairs, and then back up when I come back from treatment. I was holding on to the railing and slowly getting down before and now I am carrying a box!

I am shooting for part time work again in November. I REALLY dont want to push it and get in a situation where I am not taking care of myself. I am so afraid to slip back. I think with ANY treatment, when you have been sick for a LONG time, you just cant rush anything!

If I could work part time even I would be SO happy. Ive decided I would probably keep a part time schedule unless I felt at least 90% better.

Chris

Michelle, great! and....

Hi, Michelle and all; great that you are really flying again, Michelle; I am not at that level yet, but very satisfied with progress so far. Like you, I have read a good deal, but don't really understand what the machine is doing.

I don't think we should get into a Bemer vs MRS thing-it seems clear that both are capable of being seriously helpful. There is what purports to be an objective review of these machines by Bryant Meyers, but since his name appears on the MSR website I am a little dubious; for what it is worth, this is the URL (the reviews are followed by what looks like MRS sales talk thinly disguised): http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=mrs2000plus&page=13 .

I still don't know if these machines are capable of finally producing long-term improvement, but in any case I think there is a corollary to accepting that PEMF machines can and do help. The corollary is that EMF radiation can do damage, and since my CFS began a few months after moving into a tall apartment building topped by a prickly forest of antenae, dishes, etc etc., that beam heaven knows what frequencies out to the world, I am beginning to suspect that moving to a quieter (in the electronic sense) place might be wise.

So I am going to buy an EMF meter and begin looking for somewhere else to live. If we are that responsive to PEMF machines, we may well also be ES, electro sensitive, and have to deal with that as best we can; there are meters, filters, shielding cloths, etc etc.--another whole world of expensive gadgetry to explore to add to the expertise in choosing supplements etc. that we have laboriously built up.... there is no end!

But in the meantime, it is just great that you, Michelle, are doing so well--you deserve it and more after all those years! And I am doing well too. And so at last hearing was SDD.

Now to read Robert Becker's Cross Currents, on how this electrical stuff can do damage too.
Best wishes, Chris

Wayne

I am shooting for part time work again in November. I REALLY dont want to push it and get in a situation where I am not taking care of myself. I am so afraid to slip back. I think with ANY treatment, when you have been sick for a LONG time, you just cant rush anything!

Hi Michelle,

Just wanted to say that I think your approach of going slowly is very wise. Even if you do continue to improve with the BEMER, it may not always be straight up. Often with improvements in long term health situations, there are occasionally short term cycles of consolidation and integration. For me, that means being ready to pause and rest as much as necessary during those times.

Kindly, Wayne

Wayne

EMF Meter

So I am going to buy an EMF meter.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your posts on this thread. Much appreciated.

Just thought I'd mention. I've heard that household EMFs can fluctuate throughout the day. Apparently, early mornings and early evenings are times when the utilities have to gear up for increased demand, and this actually cause EMFs in various household areas to spike. I read a story once where a person was having cyclical times during day where he would feel worse, and eventually traced it to these surges.

I'm sensitive to EMFs myself, and suspect that most people with our health conditions are affected to varying degrees. I think it's a good idea that you're looking to protect yourself better.

Best, Wayne

m1she11e

EMF's, UFO's , etc

Just kidding on the UFO's ;)...

Im not quite flying Chris... my wings were clipped and I am just growing those little sprouts and getting a little air these days. When you have been grounded, a little air feels alot like flight though!!!

Hi Wayne, I always enjoy hearing from you and reading your posts. Put some MMS in my ears just last night. ;) It is hard for me to take it slow but I really have horrible fear of being "that" sick again and I just wont do it!
No stressful job, no stressful relationships, no pushing when I know I should rest... just not gonna do it! I cant!

I was never into the EMF thing at all. My mom sent me phone protectors and I have a necklace that I only wear if it matches my attire nicely. I read about the "Klinghardt cage/net." I thought it was all a bit over the top.

BUT, I agree, now that I have responded so well to PEMF's, I have to consider the negative EMF's.

Interesting...when I moved into this new apartment this last March and started the steep downward spiral to hell, I tried desperately to trace my steps. The "why did I get SO sick" was driving me crazy. I have mentioned anti virals, and antibiotics but hadnt been on them long and was still sick months after stopping them and getting worse. I had moved out of a moldy house too, and into this brand new apartment. I researched possibilities until my vision had declined too bad to do so anymore. (Can be a blessing in disguise) I literally could not read for very long, or watch TV anymore my vision was getting so blurry and things were moving. (that werent really moving...)

Anyway, to get to the point...I landed on two things. My apartment was built right in the middle of the wetlands. We are surrounded by beautiful trees and little lakes/ponds, and wet shrubbery of all kinds and the air always smells like mildew outside. Of course I was thinking outdoor mold. I have an air filter inside and such. I still am pursuing that possibility. BUT, I have a breaker box right in my bedroom, and all the other cable boxes and stuff hook into the closet in my bedroom. I have thought about it off and on but am really thinking about it now. I at least am starting to sleep with my protective necklace on. (even if it doesnt match my pajamas :rolleyes:)

Money is tight, but I would like to do more to my apartment to protect me from EMF's. Maybe it isnt in the category of UFO's after all and is more powerful than I ever though.

I think if I could combine what I am doing with something like Mike and M0joey are doing...WOW!!! Look out world!

For now I am thankful for the huge strides I am making.

Michelle:)