• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Active B12 Protocol Basics

hi all,

just wanted to share what’s been going on with me in case @Freddd or any others have suggestions. i’m at the end of my rope.

in june 2017, i basically stopped eating because of idiopathic anaphylaxis. i survived on nothing but vegetable soup until about may 2018, when i introduced chicken. i didn’t have any animal fats or supplemented vitamins or anything. so, you can imagine what happened to my b12. i’m eating a fairly rounded diet now, but that hasn’t totally reversed the damage. if i don’t eat animal fats daily, i can’t sleep. and i still can’t nap, which is hard because i was unofficially diagnosed with narcolepsy.

in the summer of last year, i started supplementing with sublingual pure methycobolamin, from bio alternatives. got startup symptoms from just a single drop. but i could never titrate up high enough — not only because of the apparent potassium issue, but because of intense swelling. my veins would bulge and i’d be in so much pain. i do have a supplement (endovan) with nattokinase, and if i take this with my b complex (which i started instead of pure methylcobolamin), it helps with the edema. not the potassium, though.

i suspect i have some sort of trap going on as well. my b complex has methylfolate in it, which i now know is not the right form of b9 for this whole issue. a year ago was my last bloodwork (while i was still on m-cobalamin), which revealed elevated serum levels of b12 (>700). unfortunately, they didn’t test for MMA. i also had a urine panel that month, which revealed some poor hormone methylation. i have ehlers danlos syndrome, which is associated with methylation and nutrition issues. so, lol.

i’d been gradually doing better with occasional b complex and nattokinase supplementation (once every few days or so). then, the other day, i was feeling shit. my hormones have been out of fucking control lately, and i decided to see if vitamin c would help like it had in the past. well, i experienced such INTENSE numbness and “heart disturbance”, and taking my b and natto just made it worse. i ended up with spasms and weakness and increased thirst, so i shoveled 5 bananas. which helped somewhat. weirdly enough, cbd oil helps somewhat, too.

anyway, i’m about to start fred’s protocol, but i wanted to see if anyone had additional insights, especially re: the vitamin c, because what the actually flying f*ck????

thank you, big time!!!

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed the recommended enzymatic therapy B12 infusion, used in freddd's protocol is now sold under the label Nature's way B12 infusion (customer service says nature's way bought enzymatic )

It has mantained his flavor and shape;but I wonder if it is still exactly the same as the old one?

I usually see small differences from batch to batch and even from pill to pill of the same batch,so it is going to take me some time to figure it out by myself.

If some hypersensitive users could share their impressions about the quality of this B12 Nature'way or have in mind other as effective B12 alternatives ,it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

pibee

anyone has any sound idea why methylB12 regulates my circadian rhythm disturbance for 1 week when i take it and then it stops working?
(even high dose)

so frustrating! !!!
it was only thing ever that actually regulated my rhythm

LisaGoddard

Re Pibee. The things B12 does amazes me. It sorted out my social phobia (which high antipressants couldn't touch) and sorts out my pain. I don't know anything, however, about its effect on the circadian. I have to take Mirtazipine to sleep but did notice that B12 at night does help. I know how frustrating it is not to sleep. Hope someone call help. I do wonder if there is some supporting co-factor that you need.

Re Yukito Thanks so much for posting about the change from Enzymatic to Nature's way. I wondered why my suppliers had suddenly dried up.

Learner1

From drugs.com:

"Mirtazapine is an antidepressant. The way this medication works is still not fully understood. It is thought to positively affect communication between nerve cells in the central nervous system and/or restore chemical balance in the brain. Mirtazapine is used to treat major depressive disorder."

"You should not take mirtazapine if you are also taking tryptophan (sometimes called L-tryptophan).

Do not use mirtazapine if you have used an MAO inhibitor or methylene blue injection n the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.

Some people have thoughts about suicide when first taking an antidepressant. Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using mirtazapine. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms."

There are MANY less risky natural substances one can take for sleep. I especially like it when the explanation for a drug is "we don't know how it works"...

Sorry for this very noobish question but I am a bit confused right now. My pharmacist said that one would need to take folic acid with hydroB12 injections to properly process it. There are brands that already offer combined injection hydroB12 with folate.

From what I understand this thread says that one SHOULD NOT take folic acid with B12?
Does this only apply to methylB12 (still trying to find a seller for injectible methylB12 in Germany) or also to hydroxyB12?

Learner1

HydroxyB12 should eventually convert to methyl B12. You'd likely want either folinic acid or 5-MTHF, NOT "folic acid" which many can't use and which can build to toxic levels.

Seeking Health | Hydroxo Vitamin B12 with Folinic Acid | 60 Vegan Lozenges | 1000 mcg Vitamin B12 and 800 mcg DFE Folate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G7P50F6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_g-z4EbN9N49B4

You'd also want B2, B6, and magnesium to support methylation.